Miles Hide & Seek

fnedude
fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
If you match the invisibility tile, his pink power doesn't reset. It stays Surprise Surprise.

It should reset back, shouldn't it?

Comments

• DocWhoville
    DocWhoville Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I'm having the same thing. I thought I imagined it the first couple of times it happened, but I verified it with some in my alliance and they are having the issue as well.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reading the skill description, this may be working as intended.
      Hide & Seek - 7 purpletile.png AP
      This power becomes Surprise!

ALT: Surprise! - 8 purpletile.png AP
      This power becomes Hide & Seek

It doesn't say anything about while the invisibility tile remains out, or destroying the tile on use of the attack mode it just alternates. This isn't the same class of mechanic as used by Ant-Man or Ice-Man after all.

There's probably both costs and benefits to this. You don't have to stay invisible or protect the tile to use the attack, but it also prevents chaining multiple attacks or repeatedly using it to stay invisible.
    • SirLanik
      SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
      This is working as intended, and it's a nice change from similar abilities, like Ant-Man's. Whereas Ant-Man's abilities say "While this Trap tile is on the board, this power becomes Grow." That's not how Miles abilities read. Instead, it just changes, regardless if the tile stays down.

Allows for a lot more play choices, both for you and opponent. Miles can't just instantly go invisible again every time it gets matched, and you don't lose out on your potential purple damage from a bad cascade.