When do you think the 4* DDQ will restart?

LegendReborn
LegendReborn Posts: 301
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, the 4* DDQ is getting very close to reaching the latest releases, although they seem to be trying their hardest to stop that (I'm looking at you double spidey-verse release). However, at some point they will have to restart the cycle.

So, if you had to bet, when do you think the 4* DDQ will restart?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    After they're through with every last one of the 4*s.

I have no idea why they do that since everyone after Rhulk will be very, very badly covered by 99% of the playerbase, but that's how they roll.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Devs need to adress this ASAP, which is going to be the last 4 in DDQ before the reset?

It is not that we can do anything about it a part from complain if devs decide it is going to be Venom, but this is way too much, 99% of the people has just a couple or three covers of GR and he is featured in DDQ ?!?!?!?!? And it will be worse from now on (even though personally I have more chulk covers than GR).

PS: Devs need to communicate more with us the players, there are a lot of lingering questions in the air right now icon_e_sad.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can see the argument for sticking with new 4*s through Ghost Rider and Amadeus because they have had a progression-based cover outside the normal structure of release PVE and the 3 PVP tournaments a week. It's not a particularly compelling argument, though.
  • Personally, I think Ghost Rider should be the last before they restart the cycle. We're already scraping the bottom of the barrel where it's almost to the point where only people who have whaled the new 4* have a shot at the token. However, I doubt that will be the last 4* ddq before the restart.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the current pace of releases, we need a "never" option.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the first two rotations I put out this problem and made a guess when it would re-start, sometime 2016 way back then and I won't be disappointed.

The problem is they are introducing two new characters every month, but only have four events every month. So you are only catching up at a slow pace.

It is time for DDQ 4* to be a daily thing!
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    With the current pace of releases, we need a "never" option.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me for them to revamp DDQ on a whole before ever restarting the 4* cycle. They'll keep expecting people to beat a level 270 opponent with a handful of covers.

My tinfoil hat side wonders if they see a spike in HP spending/buying on these days as people try to cover they're undercovered characters to complete this one node.
  • I thought they would have restarted by now. But since they haven't I just assume they are going until every 4* released has had their shot.

I don't particularly understand it, I guess they want to give the whales a shot at another LT from their shiny new 270 GRs and Chulks???
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's why the devs keep releasing 4*s faster, so the 4* DDQ never resets! icon_twisted.gif Mwhahahahahahahaha
  • I added another option for never.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    With the current pace of releases, we need a "never" option.[/quote
    Sad, but true.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well we know when the next DDQs are:

Dec 29, Jan 3, 8, 13, 18, 23, 28...

We currently have 4 (GR, Cho, Miles, Venom) more to get through, that takes us to Jan 13th. Most likely we'll have one more release in that time (if they go back to the every 2 week pattern after new years). That should release around the same time, but may or may not be in time for the DDQ on the 18th.

So if they're mean and do Miles/Venom before rotating (and you know they will be), I would expect the rotation to flip either Jan 18th or Jan 23rd.
  • Polares wrote:
    Devs need to adress this ASAP, which is going to be the last 4 in DDQ before the reset?

It is not that we can do anything about it a part from complain if devs decide it is going to be Venom, but this is way too much, 99% of the people has just a couple or three covers of GR and he is featured in DDQ ?!?!?!?!? And it will be worse from now on (even though personally I have more chulk covers than GR).

PS: Devs need to communicate more with us the players, there are a lot of lingering questions in the air right now icon_e_sad.gif

If the answer is 100% honest and unchangable "When we run out of 4*s", would communicating that REALLY be something that'd help?

Like, it'd honestly just get people more pissed off then they would be if they were silent. What part of that communication would help out? All it'd do is try to get people to scream at them how they want them to NOT do that.
  • colwag wrote:
    Polares wrote:

If the answer is 100% honest and unchangable "When we run out of 4*s", would communicating that REALLY be something that'd help?

Yes. People like to plan for the future, including what they are willing to spend on it. So I'm hoarding ISO to use on potential DDQ4 characters that would otherwise be spent on whaling Iceman. If there was a plan for future events that was made public it would actually encourage spending.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards

Yes. People like to plan for the future, including what they are willing to spend on it. So I'm hoarding ISO to use on potential DDQ4 characters that would otherwise be spent on whaling Iceman. If there was a plan for future events that was made public it would actually encourage spending.

Not the right kind of spending. There's no money gained or lost in your ISO spending. You're hoarding until you know the future, so if I let you know the future now you'll stop hoarding now. In neither situation are you more likely to spend actual money.

But for the instant gratification individual it's a whole different world. They get 1,000 ISO they spend it on improving something. Immediate gain based on what they know right now. If they knew the next 6 events they could spend it more wisely, but that isn't an option.

So when an event they need an edge in appears they don't have the resources within their account to fix it. Now they either throw in some money or miss out. And as instant gratification junkies they hate to miss out...
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I fully expect something to change before it even resets that makes everyone wonder why the did it. You will never get that second time around for easier leg tokens.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Since DDQ is every 5 days and a new char is ~every 2 weeks, they will eventually catch up and reset. The Gamependium calender currently lists the reset at Jan 13th but does not have Venom. Assuming there's 2 characters in January, the reset will likely be in early February.
  • The ddq for the calendar is accurate because it follows a known pattern. We don't know if they want to restart the 4* ddq before they catch up with releases or not so the calendar just lists 4* ddqs in order of character release. Yes, that's largely the order the 4* ddq has followed but until we can check the next char featured in the 4* ddq when the rewards swap over, it's 100% speculation.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle wrote:
    After they're through with every last one of the 4*s.

I have no idea why they do that since everyone after Rhulk will be very, very badly covered by 99% of the playerbase, but that's how they roll.

My thought exactly. If they go as far as Spider-Man &/or Venom, it's getting a bit ridiculous.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Never. The closer it gets, the faster 4* are released. Coming soon ddq 4* every 7 days and 2 concurrent 4* pve releases per week. No sleep, must mpq.