4* Team-ups for the AI

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Sorry if this seems like whining (which it might be), but can we end 4* team-ups for the AI?

I keep getting hit by Wilson's Gambit, which at lvl 70 does 1400 damage, on the second node. The enemy has no way to do that much damage to me, being lvl 30-something.

Or Hammer & Anvil, which does 900 damage to the entire team!

Anyway, just ranting a bit I guess.

Comments

• avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    I'd honestly rather take the damage than a gamma siphon EVERY battle. Although it does damage less, it's just soooooooo annoying
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    This is really only applicable to players closer to the beginner side of the spectrum, however, if you put up a wall that players cannot avoid at such an early stage of the game, you will alienate new customers to your product. The more you can limit randomness and encourage player skill as the determinant outcome of a game, the more enjoyable that game will be. In addition, for most games (certainly for a match-3 puzzle game), difficulty at the very beginning should be a digestible incremental ordeal, not doable in one match and randomly OMFG **** slamming down on you periodically, forcing the player to consume resources to recover for reasons beyond their control, all while possibly happening in the first half an hour of actual extra-tutorial gameplay. Again, let's be keen to distinguish between challenging and frustrating.
    This coming from a player who has a decently developed 4 star roster, I can see how this is a problem for beginners, and also a problem mechanically in view of overall game design.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    pheregas wrote:
    Sorry if this seems like whining (which it might be), but can we end 4* team-ups for the AI?

I keep getting hit by Wilson's Gambit, which at lvl 70 does 1400 damage, on the second node. The enemy has no way to do that much damage to me, being lvl 30-something.

Or Hammer & Anvil, which does 900 damage to the entire team!

Anyway, just ranting a bit I guess.

Okay. Wind Storm TUs on every trivial node. icon_twisted.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    We posed the question to Hi-Fi, he will get back to us.. There has been a huge upswing of 4* team ups, my personal one is Rulk, every PVE and PVP fight, the AI seems to have a Rulk team up. Here's hoping we find out why!
  • Norrin Radd
    Norrin Radd Posts: 65 Match Maker
    I'm still sick of team ups.
    Bring back environmental tiles! We need more hot dog stands for Cho.
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    I got a Penance Stare recently in a survival node, which is just cruel.
  • People have been reporting this for awhile now. They obviously changed how the AI chooses TUs recently. From my end the AI gets 4* TUs about 50% of the time now and 75% of the time those 4* consist of either Kingpin or Rulk and especially Gamma Siphon.

In the past month I've seen the AI get a Gamma Siphon TU over a hundred times now. You know how many times I've seen the AI get an Ant-Man, Mr.Fantastic, Invisible Woman or Sam Wilson TU of any kind at all in the past 5 months? Zero times. Working as intended.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Enslaved wrote:
    People have been reporting this for awhile now. They obviously changed how the AI chooses TUs recently. From my end the AI gets 4* TUs about 50% of the time now and 75% of the time those 4* consist of either Kingpin or Rulk and especially Gamma Siphon.

In the past month I've seen the AI get a Gamma Siphon TU over a hundred times now. You know how many times I've seen the AI get an Ant-Man, Mr.Fantastic, Invisible Woman or Sam Wilson TU of any kind at all in the past 5 months? Zero times. Working as intended.
    Villains use villain team ups?

Yeah, that Gamma Siphon is a nuisance, but do you really want Pym particles spawning attack tiles all over the place? Bullseye 2 star with Bomb Dive. And I know I don't want a Penance Stare late into a survival mission. Wilson's Gambit on the other hand is total **** on a minions mission. Like, the one time I saw it on the one star mission on the Deadpool Daily. Not that it meant a loss, but when Black Widow or Storm take that much damage, it's a teeth-gritting moment.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    We posed the question to Hi-Fi, he will get back to us.. There has been a huge upswing of 4* team ups, my personal one is Rulk, every PVE and PVP fight, the AI seems to have a Rulk team up. Here's hoping we find out why!

Not just yours. The AI has a Rhulk TeamUp 80% of the time, most of them are Gamma Syphon, then 15% for Kingpin and the 5% for the other ones.

This is very annying.

Kingpin yellow can easily do around 4000 hitpoints in the easy nodes! (three countdowns for 1300 each) :S:S:S

PS: Is this true, evil enemies just get evil team ups now?