Rotation Schedule for Weekly Buffs

MPQ_Daywalker
MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
[EDIT] I thought I had found a pattern in the weekly buff schedule for 3*s, but it turned out only to be for 1 week and part of another week. Next week's buffs have been revealed in-game and it's a combination of the characters that I would have expected to see over the next two weeks, based on history: Luke Cage, She-Hulk, Gamora, Iron Fist, Black Widow (Grey Suit).

I think I, or someone else, would have to do some more detailed analysis of the past several months' worth of buffs, to see what the possible pattern would be. As TxMoose and GrumpySmurf1002 commented, perhaps it's more that pairs or groups of characters are always appearing together, and it's those pairs or groups that are rotating through.

My previous post is here:
I've determined that there is a rotation schedule for the weekly buffs. This goes in line with Demiurge's love for repeating the same rotation in events (Daily Deadpool, Lightning Round buffs, etc.).

The pattern I've found is for the 3*s -- it's possible that there is a similar pattern for 2*s and 4*s but I did not do the research on that; if anyone wants to go back through the past monthly buff posts and see if you can determine the pattern for either of those, feel free to reply to this post or PM me and I'll add it to the OP. I expect the 4* rotation will be a little more difficult to nail down right now since they keep adding new 4*s.

The 3* buff rotation schedule is in the following order; the first one listed is the one we are currently in; if you are reading this in the future (hello future forumite!) then just find the group that is currently buffed and the one after that is next week's group:
  • Daken (Classic), Sentry, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man (Classic), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)
  • Black Widow (Grey Suit), Deadpool (It's Me!), Doctor Octopus, Gamora, Iron Fist
  • Colossus, Doctor Doom, Hulk, Luke Cage, She-Hulk
  • Bullseye (Classic), Human Torch (Classic), Iron Man (Model 40), Loki, Vision
  • Beast, Captain Marvel (Modern), Daredevil, Mystique, Quicksilver
  • Blade, Cyclops, Hood, Psylocke, Squirrel Girl
  • Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan, Ragnarok, Thor (Modern)
  • Magneto (Classic), Punisher, Rocket & Groot, Storm (Mohawk), Wolverine (Patch)

So it's eight groups of the same five characters buffed each week (matching the total of 40 3*s currently in the game).

Comments

• The week we're currently in has Doc Ock, not Spiderman.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought there was a pattern too (because i felt like Cage/She Hulk are always together), but yeah it's not clear cut (as above poster said, Doc is in this week)

I think it might be two or three sets of rotating characters, but never bothered to pattern check it.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is somewhat of a pattern, but the essentials can mess things up some, Spidey not boosted right now, but essential in the next event (2 of the spideys i think).
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    Koffitok wrote:
    The week we're currently in has Doc Ock, not Spiderman.

Good point. Looking in the past, the week of 10/15/15-10/21/15 had "Magneto (Classic), Punisher, Rocket & Groot, Storm (Mohawk), Wolverine (Patch)" (exactly the same we had last week), and the following week, 10/22/15-10/28/15, had "Daken (Classic), Sentry, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man (Classic), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)". I was paying attention to the mid-to-high tier characters (Daken, Scarlet Witch, Steve Rogers) and didn't notice Spidey and Doc Ock being switched.

If I go back another 8 weeks, 8/20/15-8/26/15 had "Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan, Magneto, Punisher" and the next week, 8/27/15-9/2 had "Daken (Classic), Rocket & Groot, Sentry, Storm (Mohawk), Wolverine (Patch)". So ... yeah. Maybe there isn't a strict pattern of 5 characters after all.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    Oh, and I found why I was thinking it was Spider-Man buffed this week... that's what is listed in the December thread right now:
    IceIX wrote:
    Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In December, 2015
    UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
      12/10/15-12/16/15
      4* - Professor X, X-23
      3* - Magneto, Punisher, Rocket & Groot, Storm, Wolverine
      2* - Hawkeye, Thor
      1* - Black Widow, Iron Man
        12/17/15-12/23/15
        4* - Iron Man Hulkbuster, Sam Wilson
        3* - Daken, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Sentry, Spider-Man
        2* - Hawkeye, Wolverine
        1* - Storm, Juggernaut[/list]

Since I don't play with either Spidey or Doc Ock and rarely see them in PvP I really didn't notice.
      • TxMoose
        TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
        maybe not a strict pattern, but I know the last 2-3 times through the rotations, I specifically remember these in the same groups:
        cap/witch
        torch/im40/vision
        blade/hood
        panther/thor/kk

I know those have hit together multiple times. and I don't think essentials throw anything off because it really doesn't matter if they're on the boosted list or not, there've been essentials/featureds that were also boosted that week and most of the time they're not (just from numbers) - I think that is completely random.

it would be nice to have more random groups to me. but the sneak peak has really done a lot to help know what's coming up. hopefully that gets updated soon.