PvP Rules for Available Targets?

Unknown
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I had a very odd situation arise, and I'd love to better understand what happened.

I sniped a PvP bracket and got lucky, with only 13 players 1.5 hrs from the end. After the seed teams, I started to see big nasty teams that were worth a lot of points, but were not the people in my bracket ahead of me. I ended with 705 pts and never once attacked a player in my bracket (All fights were 50+ pts and therefore above me, but I was always t15, so could see everyone ahead of me in the standings).

Where did these other targets come from? Were they real people in other brackets? Or some sort of more advanced 'seed' teams? If real people, did my hitting them hurt their standings wherever they were?

I was never attacked, possibly due to time but I didn't have the strongest team so if anyone saw me available for retaliation, I'm sure they would have hit me. That's why I assume they were some sort of advanced seed teams that were CPU-phantoms and not other peoples' teams. But in the PvP etiquette thread, there was this post (emphasis added):
Quebbster wrote:
If you are after placement rewards, then you may want to bring those above you down a bit. Obviously this mainly applies to those in your bracket, but even those in different brackets are good targets as that leaves less points for your competition and making it harder to pass you.
Does that imply that those teams were people in other brackets?

Any clarity here would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Thank you for the response. Is there any way to investigate the shield situation of targets from other brackets? e.g. If they're at 970 and everyone around them is shielded, I'd assume they're hopping and try to hit someone else first to give them some time. I'm not good enough yet to extrapolate from pt value to their score relative to mine. (I play on steam so don't use LINE, and wouldn't know where to go if I installed it on my phone anyway)

If one's targets are not limited to those people in one's bracket then why is it possible to get stuck with only 5 or 6 possible targets while skipping over and over again? That's even happened to me and I've never broken 1000 so it's not like I'm in a super rare group or anything.

Even at certain times when most people around me in my bracket are shielded, it would seem that other brackets are at a different point relative to their ending times, so not likely to also be completely shielded when down around less than 800 pts. Are targets only available from other brackets in the same time slice?