Where did X Force Yellow go in shield sim?

alphabeta
alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Have I missed something - was xfw yellow now GR black?

I know a lot of vets weren't happy but as a non vet I'm now unhappy - my xfw is equal highest covered 4* and that yellow would have left me 1 short.

Surely if it was a mistake it would have been corrected sooner so if it's bowing to pressure (which it looks like) couldn't you have just added the GR cover in at 2500 or something.

While xfw may no longer be the best 4* the prospect of nearly having him cover vs adding 1 cover to my 3 covers on GR is pretty galling - silent minority/majority losing out and now I have to comment on every thread on forums where vets want something to make sure the other side is heard - thanks for that, grinning over Christmas was already fun enough without now adding forum lurking to my to do list

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's possible that the change had nothing to do with forum comments and GR was always intended for that reward. GR does fit the existing pattern of putting a recently released character there.

It does suck for the people who actually wanted the XFW cover, though.
  • It was definitely them bowing to pressure.

Sorry that didn't work out for you.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    I 1000% believe it's bowing to pressure or it would have been changed in a day not nearly a week into the season
  • DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    What? It was changed? I needed that cover!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Remember when they told everyone about that exploit that had been going on for 2 years? They handled it poorly and lost a lot of trust, so now they're trying to get some back.

I think that both this change and the Venom nerf are examples of Demiurge quickly giving in to forum reactions. Then they can say "look, we quickly changed that thing you didn't like".
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Mawtful wrote:

I think that both this change and the Venom nerf are examples of Demiurge quickly giving in to forum reactions. Then they can say "look, we quickly changed that thing that doesn't matter".

fixed it for you.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    If you really want those xf covers, try harder to get more LTs (from pve). Xf seems to be a very common pull from those tokens. icon_twisted.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_lol.gif
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    That yellow X-Force was the last cover I needed. I actually started toward it yesterday and got 1/3 of the way there. One GR cover helps me not at all. Changing existing rewards really messes things up, IMO.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    puppychow wrote:
    If you really want those xf covers, try harder to get more LTs (from pve). Xf seems to be a very common pull from those tokens. icon_twisted.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_lol.gif

Mine is 2/3/1 on day 543, so 1/1/1 came from dailies, if I've ever received any from progression, it's only been one or two. Stop pulling my covers icon_lol.gif
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    I'm assuming GR was supposed to be the 2000 cover because that follows the pattern of the 2k cover being of a 4* released in the previous season
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if anyone managed to get to 2k before it switched.
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Did anyone have a screenshot of the 2k reward? I started towards it a couple days ago because I actually need it for my xforce it will make mine 5/5/2 so I plan on contacting customer service
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Tarouza wrote:
    Did anyone have a screenshot of the 2k reward? I started towards it a couple days ago because I actually need it for my xforce it will make mine 5/5/2 so I plan on contacting customer service

....Really?

Your XF is as usable as he's going to get. That last yellow will make almost ZERO difference. Even being able to fully level your XF won't make much of a difference.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was definitely them bowing to pressure.

Where's the thread where they stated that? I can't seem to find it.
  • That yellow X-Force was the last cover I needed. I actually started toward it yesterday and got 1/3 of the way there. One GR cover helps me not at all. Changing existing rewards really messes things up, IMO.

Same here.

****?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36851

Locking this topic, please use the main one, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.