Cannot play game, states need to update

Cannot access game. It states I need to update, but I never was given option to update.

Normally update is optional for a period of time before becoming mandatory. Need wifi to update, so unable to play game. If I had option to update, like normal, I could have updated before going to work. Note must play angry birds during break, instead of mpq.

Android user

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has happened to me too, tells me I cannot play until I update but I go to android store and no update is available.

Completely ruined my Cage PVP!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some players have reported that they can clear this problem by rebooting their phone.
  • Jeh64
    Jeh64 Posts: 22
    Same here, restarting didnt help, now when i start the game it instantly crashes...im on galaxy s6.
  • Restarted phone, still doesn't work. Galaxy S5
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe the update hasn't propagated to all Play stores around the world yet?

I gotta say, I find it odd that they could push this update off cycle, but bigger bugs have to wait for the regular patch cycle.
  • Jeh64
    Jeh64 Posts: 22
    I should specify. Mine actually started to download an update then said couldn't update, now i get the update prompt when starting the game but it immediately crashes.
  • Zyrook
    Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I'm in the same boat for the instant crash. Glad I finished my Cage run, but its going to wrek my pve run.
    Keep getting a Puzzle Quest looking for resources to download notice.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's long winded but I had to uninstall the app, reboot phone, re-install and then use facebook back up to get my save back and it fixed the issue
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I got the notice to update, the updates started and now my phone is getting "looking for resources to download" - is this an issue on my end, or there a problem with the patch? Android phone
  • Zantom
    Zantom Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Same problem here on a Galaxy Note 4. Message to update, but no update in play store. icon_e_sad.gif
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Arphaxad wrote:
    I got the notice to update, the updates started and now my phone is getting "looking for resources to download" - is this an issue on my end, or there a problem with the patch? Android phone

Same exact problem here...I was pushing in Cage PvP so this really sucks a tinykitty

Update: restarted phone and no luck still. Guess I'm gonna have to uninstall..thanks Obama

Update +1: nope again...uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing
  • Zyrook
    Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Tried to uninstall it and reinstall, rebooted phone, still nothing. Anyone figure this out?
  • Have a galexy tab 4s
    Ever since I had a update for app it won't work
    I have checked my tablet for updates, power cycled and restarted with no change
    App works on my HTC m8
  • manhammer777
    manhammer777 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I got it to work!!!!!!

This is what worked for me:
    1 - uninstall game
    2 - clear cache
    3 - go to any app that says "Google" or "Google Play" (but not the Google Keyboard) and select "Force Stop" then "Clear data" (in my phone this was found in Settings > General > Apps)
    4 - restart phone
    5 - go to Google Play and download game

I must've tried 1 & 2 above dozens and dozens of times but it kept making me download a 16.15 MB patch that wouldn't work. Only when I added in #3 did it give me the big starter patch and after playing through the tutorial and loading my facebook save, I was good to go! I was unable to play for 2 days because of this patch, which made me go from getting Miles Morales to not having a chance at him. icon_e_sad.gif I just hope the above helps others with this extremely frustrating situation. Happy holidays!
  • Do you pick all apps including "Google or Google play" or is just a certain one?
  • am using asus fonepad 8 with lollipop 5.0 version. game stopped working after the update and since then been transacting emails with the support team and all in vain. icon_e_sad.gif
    at first it used to show error message of "Looking for resources to download and then app crash .

after they asked to reinstall the game after clearing cache blah blah blah the game load to 100% and then the symbols keep coming on screen and with the background music . after sometime it shows "check internet connection" icon_rolleyes.gif other games and especially their adventure time runs fine on my device.

they should compensate us for the daily rewards and whatever we lost in these last few weeks. icon_exclaim.gif
  • today i uninstalled the game for fifth game. cleared cache , etc using android assistant software and then the batch uninstall of MPQ using the said software and downloaded it from play store. initially got 492 error and thn rebooted the device. first download was of 77.25 mb core file i guess and then game worked with the starting tips on how to play.

i use asus fonepad 8 with lollipop 5.0 OS.
  • Im getting this error too. And support wont help me.
  • walkerbear wrote:
    Im getting this error too. And support wont help me.
    delete all the MPQ files but keep a note of your account id and uninstall it. re install it from googleplay
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I don't have an android device to test it on, but I've seen this solution viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37062#p460288

linked by others as a possible resolution. Though it's VERY important to note that you CANNOT follow these steps if you've never backed up to Facebook.