Key word search

Options
void
void Posts: 65
It would be neat if the search tool took into account card text so finding cards with fringe key words like trap or menace would be easier.

Comments

• dragonfirerich
    Options
    Bumping because this is a needed feature. The current search only targets words in the card titles. Being able to search by card text and keyword ability would greatly improve the custom deck building experience.
  • shirtandtieler
    Options
    I disagree…though, not for the reason you'd think icon_e_wink.gif

It would be sloppy design for it to search major parts of each card solely by text. Rather, the whole filter needs work! Here's my list of crucial missing features:

1. There should be a section for abilities - i.e. defender, berserker, etc.

2. In terms of sorting, you should be able to sort (ascendingly or descendingly) by attack or defense.

2a. Ideally, I'd love the ability for multi sorts - e.g. sort by mana cost, then by color, then by attack - however I realize that would be harder for the designers to make it simple and straightforward (like how it is now)

3. The text search should only be for titles, descriptions, and creature type - imo there's way too many creature types to be cleanly implemented into buttons in a compact way, so it wouldn't be a big deal having to just enter "Zombie".
  • alextfish
    alextfish Posts: 192
    Options
    You're right, to an extent, but when I'm searching for first strike / double strike cards to go with Koth's berserker ability, I want to find the ones that gain first strike (Belligerent lizard) or grant first strike (Sure Strike) as well as just having it naturally. Whatever redesign of the filter screen happens needs to provide a way to search card text for text strings.
  • knifelheim
    knifelheim Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YES. I have been trying to make an Ally/Rally deck for a while and it is so incredibly frustrating not being able to search for these terms.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    knifelheim wrote:
    OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YES. I have been trying to make an Ally/Rally deck for a while and it is so incredibly frustrating not being able to search for these terms.

It's not in game, but Decktester allows you to filter by subtypes like Ally super easily