A Discussion About Better Ways to Distribute 5*s

2»

Comments

• rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    I think D3 got something right here, which is that uncovered 5* are still very playable and thus give the proper transition feeling. That was brilliantly designed and they deserve credit.

However, they introduced two very serious problems that we are now suffering from.

1) Randomness of the tokens, which OP has proposed elegant solutions for.
    2) Command Points. I like command points, but making them purchasable was an absolutely epic disaster and the game is now badly distorted. I don't know if they are blinded by greed or whatever, but I believe that needs to be stopped immediately. From individual spenders to buyers clubs to 5* being utterly untouchable the whole thing is a mess. Remove the $$ == CP and implement some of the OPs suggestions and balance will be restored.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Personally, I would rather not have mass distribution of 5*s as of yet. I believe this matter was raise when 4*s were not that plentiful and 4* transition was (still is?) a pain. But after some saturation in the pool of 4* heroes we got progressions and rewards that helped to push the 4* transition ever so slightly.

Honestly I'd rather not meet 5*s all over PvP, seeing as right now the 5*s are not too varied, not too many high damaging skills that could take fights fast in the 5* context, so if there is a better way to distribute 5*s so that more people will cover max them faster, please let it be after the pool is more saturated. I'd hate to be bogged down with a OML/SS/Phoenix vs OML/SS/Phoenix at every turn. It would become 10 minute matches and the game would feel even more of a chore than it is now icon_lol.gif

Of course, it's all just my personal opinion. In 3* land we have characters like Luke Cage or Cyclops that can take out other 3*s quickly, 4* we have the likes of 4cy, HB and Rulk but at 5* i think even OML may take some build up to take out a team of 5*s icon_lol.gif
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    HxiiiK wrote:
    Personally, I would rather not have mass distribution of 5*s as of yet. I believe this matter was raise when 4*s were not that plentiful and 4* transition was (still is?) a pain. But after some saturation in the pool of 4* heroes we got progressions and rewards that helped to push the 4* transition ever so slightly.

Honestly I'd rather not meet 5*s all over PvP, seeing as right now the 5*s are not too varied, not too many high damaging skills that could take fights fast in the 5* context, so if there is a better way to distribute 5*s so that more people will cover max them faster, please let it be after the pool is more saturated. I'd hate to be bogged down with a OML/SS/Phoenix vs OML/SS/Phoenix at every turn. It would become 10 minute matches and the game would feel even more of a chore than it is now icon_lol.gif

Of course, it's all just my personal opinion. In 3* land we have characters like Luke Cage or Cyclops that can take out other 3*s quickly, 4* we have the likes of 4cy, HB and Rulk but at 5* i think even OML may take some build up to take out a team of 5*s icon_lol.gif

Like it or not, they're already all over PVP and they're only going to increase.

The question is whether or not people can put in time/effort and go along with the transition if they want to.

In the current system, some people will put in large amounts of time and effort, and end up left behind anyway.

The developers do NOT need to allow cases like that to exist, and yet they do. It's well past time that the issue was fixed.
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I like the idea of a 5* progression for Season PVP (or a new Season PVE as someone mentioned) or exchanging 10 LT (or some other number) for a 5* even with randomness since most players don't have fully covered 5* yet. Tired of opening LTs for useless covers when so many other covers are still needed. I play all of the PVPs past 1300, grind all of the PVEs for LT progression, and have even purchased during anniversary and year-end sale. My estimated 5* draw rate is about 3% yet others are having much better draw rates. Alliance mate just pulled 3 OML in 5 tries. Gave him the "congratulations" of course but thinking inside, "why can't I be that lucky". Why is my progression in the game based on randomness and not my amount of play? It wouldn't be as problematic except that I am now running into a slew of 5* in PVP which is making it harder to compete.

I don't play any other games. Do they have the same randomness built in?
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    DC1972 wrote:
    Why is my progression in the game based on randomness and not my amount of play? It wouldn't be as problematic except that I am now running into a slew of 5* in PVP which is making it harder to compete.

This is exactly the issue and I'm in the same boat as you.

I've opened mountains of LTs and I have only 3 5* covers to show for it.

My options are:

-Pay thousands of dollars to open more LTs

-Continue pushing to get LTs and hope that my next 80 pulls are better than my first 80. Of course, they might be just as bad or worse.

-Try to offer solutions to the developers and hope they listen

-Give up and stop playing this terribly designed game where endgame progress has more to do with luck than time spent and tokens won.

I've been doing options 2 and 3 lately.... I'm getting ever closer to option 4.
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I've got 20 LT saved (including what I can by with CP) and hoarding until the new game features to be announced until I open them. Depending on my luck with this it may be option 4 for me as well. Might actually be the final excuse I need to quit. Sure my wife will love that.