Character Rebalancing Ideas

Options
AaronTheLuigi
AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
edited February 2016 in Speculation and Concepts
Hey there, forumgoer! Welcome to a thread I hope will foster new and creative tweaks on the existing characters already in our game. I understand some suggestions may have already been posted in their own threads or as part of a character thread, but I intend for this thread to be a collection of tweaks.

Got a cool idea for 1 star.png Venom's third skill? Know how to fix Model 40 Iron Man or Classic Spider-Man? Have subtle tweaks to keep a powerful character in check? This is the thread to post your cool concepts!

Before you get posting, however, I'd like you all to keep a few things in mind:

*Try to limit your concepts to 1 character/ability rework per post, so feedback and upvotes can be correctly placed and identified. If you want to overhaul all of Spider-Man (Classic)'s abilities, strong colors and health, that is acceptable for one post. Reworking Wolverine (X-Force)'s green skill (without touching anything else about him) would also be it's own post. Please do not put reworks for Ragnarok, Iron Man, Vision and Quicksilver all in the same post.

*Criticism, as with any part of these forums, should be constructive. It is perfectly acceptable not to agree or even like one of these ideas, but refrain from attacks on other users for their suggestions.

*If at all possible, be descriptive about the powers in the same way you would see them listed on the character thread, like the example below:
IceIX wrote:
Whiteout - 12 greentile.png AP
Iceman unleashes a tempest of ice and snow across the battlefield, devastating everything in its path and causing local weathermen to question their credentials. Deals 365 damage to the enemy team, plus 32 damage for every Blue tile on the board (to a max of 15 tiles).
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 511 damage plus 45 damage per Blue tile. Level 3: Deals 657 damage plus 58 damage per Blue tile. Level 4: Deals 949 damage plus 83 damage per Blue tile. Level 5: Deals 1533 damage plus 134 damage per Blue tile.
Max Level
    Level 3: Deals 1303 damage plus 115 per Blue tile Level 4: Deals 1882 damage plus 166 per Blue tile Level 5: Deals 3041 damage plus 269 per Blue tile
You do not need to have that specific formatting, but you should give us an idea of what a power will do with each level and at max level, rather than a sparse sentence like "give Venom a green skill adding web tiles like miles."

*It is recommended you provide a reason for the change. The reason can be succinct, but having it helps others see what you are trying to accomplish with the change, and enhances the feedback you receive.

*Don't fret about final numbers or values of the skills; you can always adjust them with edits based on the feedback you receive.

I'm looking forwards to seeing what you guys come up with! Let the brainstorming BEGIN!

P.S. Thanks to fight4thedream for helping me find a home for this topic.

Comments

• AaronTheLuigi
    Options
    My first idea is to give Black Widow (Modern) a third skill. I see MBW as the middle ground between the stealth Original and the firearms-wielding Grey Suit Widows. Hence, using her third strong color I feel a Pistol skill would give MBW added support measures for clearing out specific tiles.
      Pistol - 11 yellowtile.png AP
      Black widow fires a shot at the board, clearing a selected 2x2 block of tiles and dealing 11 damage for each tile. Does not generate AP.
        Level 2: 13 damage per tile. Level 3: 15 damage per tile. Level 4: 18 damage per tile. Level 5: 21 damage per tile.
      Max Level: 218 damage per tile.

I also feel Aggressive Recon needs a rework to make it a more viable skill. Rather than mimic the cost of Original Black Widow's purple skill, I'm reaching a median between OBW and MBW's current purples.
        Aggressive Recon - 8 purpletile.png AP
        Natasha goes undercover to find her opponent’s secrets. She steals 2 Yellow, Blue, Red, and Green AP, undermining the enemy's plans and setting hers into motion.
          Level 2: Steals 3 AP. Costs 1 AP more. Level 3: Also steals Black AP. Costs 1 AP more. Level 4: Steals 4 AP. Costs 1 AP more. Level 5: Also steals Purple AP. Costs 1 AP more.

This upgrade path keeps the current steal values intact with a more moderate progression in Cost, so 5 covers in Agressive Recon shouldn't feel out of reach at 12 AP as the 16 AP version currently does.
      • GundamY
        GundamY Posts: 182
        Options
        I don't know how to rebalance characters, but here's my two cents about Juggernaut:

Cytorrak's Gem - 0 blacktile.png AP (Passive)

As the avatar of the destructive deity, the mystical powers embedded on Juggernaut grants both offense and defense. Whenever Juggernaut activates either of his abilities, reduce damage by 5%.

Level Upgrades

Level 2: Destroy enemy Shield tiles whenever you use Juggernaut's Headbutt
        Level 3: Juggernaut takes 10% less damage from Headbutt.
        Level 4: Deal 20 extra damage for every enemy-owned tile destroyed from Unstoppable Crash.
        Level 5: Reduce enemy's green and red by 1 AP each after using Unstoppable Crash.

Max Level
        Level 3: Juggernaut takes 35% less damage from Headbutt.
        Level 4: Deal 110 extra damage for every enemy-owned tile destroyed from Unstoppable Crash.
        Level 5: Reduce enemy green and red AP by 3 AP after using Unstoppable Crash.
      • AaronTheLuigi
        Options
        GundamY wrote:
        I don't know how to rebalance characters, but here's my two cents about Juggernaut:
        Not a bad start, but the first line is confusing to me. Is the damage reduction cumulative over the course of the match, or for the length of the turn?

I've been tinkering with a rework of everybody's favorite punching bag, Spider-Man (Bag-Man)! With the addition of Champions, every star.pngstar.png and higher character will be seeing a breath of life as they advance to a new level cap and get powered up. Alas, even with championing many people will neglect the poor, Bag-headed Peter Parker. (Fun fact: Bag-Man is the only two-star character who rewards a Legendary Token upon hitting 144 instead of the usual 100 Hero Points.) Quite possibly the longest running joke character in the game, I feel I can turn Bag-Man into a more efficient utility character with more synergy between his powers. For a quick reminder, the old powers will be posted as a side-by-side.

First, with the introduction of OG Spidey and Miles, as well as the decreased killing power in Dark Avenger Venom's Devour skill, web tile generators should no longer be an overly expensive concept. However, Bag-Man's generator is different in that the primary utility is, more often than not, making a free match with any two tiles on the board, a skill shared only with Quicksilver. Alas, the ol' Switcheroo was heavily over-costed and, like Bag-Man himself, saw little use outside of the opponent's team-up bin.
          Switcheroo - Purple 13 AP
          Spider-Man pulls the old switcheroo, swapping 2 basic colored tiles and turning them to Web tiles.
            Level 2: Also swaps Strike and Protect tiles. Level 3: Also swaps Web and Attack tiles. Level 4: Swaps all tiles that have a color. Level 5:Swaps 2 pairs of tiles. Costs 18 AP.
          Yikes. This power starts promising, but offers little in exchange for AP better used for 2 casts of Aggressive Recon. Now here is what I would like to see...
            Switcheroo - Purple 8 AP
            Spider-Man pulls the old switcheroo, swapping 2 basic colored tiles and turning them to Web tiles.
              Level 2: Also swaps Strike and Protect tiles. Level 3: Also swaps Web and Attack tiles. Adds a random Web tile to the board. Level 4: Swaps all tiles that have a color. Level 5:Adds 2 random Web tiles to the board.

Now, there is only one swap for Bag-Man users to worry about, and at 3 covers it will add a random Web tile to the board. Even if the swapped tiles are matched in a clever play, Bag-Man can still get Web tiles on the board with a cheaper cost than he formerly possessed.

Up next is Web-Slinger, an ill-used skill largely because only 2 characters benefit from Locked tiles. (Quicksilver and Invisible Woman; a real headache considering any locked tile is fair game for Supersonic, but only Susan's force fields count for her green skill.)
              Web-Slinger - Blue 9 AP
              Slings a web that wraps 1 tile(s) in a sticky cocoon. These locked tiles stick in place and their special effects are neutralized. The locked effect is removed and tile effects resume if it is matched or otherwise destroyed.
                Level 2: Locks 2 tiles. Costs 11. Level 3: Locks 3 tiles. Costs 13. Level 4: Locks 4 tiles. Costs 15. Level 5: Locks 5 tiles. Costs 17.
              Bag-Man has no use for locked tiles. At best he keeps a dangerous Strike or Countdown tile away; at worst he clogs the battlefield and slows the pace of the match for both teams with no real benefit for anyone except Quicksilver. For a more utility-based approach, I'm giving Bag-Man a modified version of a custom skill originally created by Nonce Equitaur 2 in his old game rebalancing plan.
                Web Interference - Blue 9 AP
                Spider-Man webs a chosen basic tile, converting it into a 2-turn Countdown tile. While it is active, opponent's active abilities of the Countdown tile's color cannot be activated. When it resolves, the Countdown tile converts into a Web tile.
                  Level 2: Enemy Attack and Protect tiles of the color do not function. [Note: They do not apply/reduce damage, but remain on the field] Level 3: Enemy Strike and Countdown tiles of the color do not function. [Note: Timers on CD tiles freeze when affected] Level 4: Converts to a 3-turn Countdown tile. Level 5: Enemy Passive abilities of the color do not function.

Again, shout out to Nonce for this wonderful idea. The idea behind Web Interference is Spider-Man using his webbing to hinder the enemy's gameplan. Disabling enemy abilities can buy your team extra time to down the target or put a tank in front. At max covers, it can temporarily slow the healing of Daken, the tiles spewed out by Bullseye, or even make Luke Cage and Iron Fist more manageable targets! The possibilities are endless!

Lastly we come to Snarky Remark, arguably Bag-Man's greatest skill if, for no other reason, for making goon battles in PvE ridiculous when used as the enemy's team-up to slow an impending Threaten or Pistol Countdown tile.
                  Snarky Remark - Yellow 7 AP
                  The wise-cracking web-head befuddles his foe, increasing the timer on a selected Countdown tile by 1 plus 1 for every Web tile (up to 10). Turns all Web tiles to basic tiles.
                    Level 2: Increases timer by 2 plus 1 for each Web tile. Level 3: Increases timer by 3 plus 1 for each Web tile. Level 4: Increases timer by 4 plus 1 for each Web tile. Level 5: Affects 2 Countdown tiles.
                  A very situational skill, given the lack of characters who rely on Countdowns and because some enemy countdown tiles (Immovable Object, Jab, Jab Cross) should not be extended. I felt Snarky Remark needed to do more than hinder Countdown tiles. Thus, I've applied it's effect to other kinds of special tiles.
                    Snarky Remark - Yellow 7 AP
                    The wise-cracking web-head befuddles his foe, increasing the timer on a selected Countdown tile by 1 plus 1 for every Web tile (up to 10), or reducing the strength on a selected enemy Attack, Protect or Strike tile by 3 plus 1 for every Web tile (up to 10.) Turns all Web tiles to basic tiles.
                      Level 2: Increases timer by 2 plus 1 for each Web tile, or decreases the strength by 4 plus 1 for each Web tile. Level 3: Can select up to 2 Countdown, Attack, Protect and/or Strike tiles. Level 4: Increases timer by 4 plus 1 for each Web tile, or decreases the strength by 6 plus 1 for each Web tile. Level 5: Can select up to 3 Countdown, Attack, Protect and/or Strike tiles.
                    Max Level: Increases the timer/Reduces the strength on up to 3 tiles (Countdown timers up by 4 plus 1 for every Web tile, Attack/Protect/Strike tiles reduced by 36 plus 5 for each Web tile.) Converts all Web tiles to basic tiles.
                    A bit of clarification, at 3 covers and up Snarky Remark can select both Countdown and Attack/Protect/Strike tiles in the same cast, provided no more than 2 or 3 combined tiles are selected. Also I retained the ability to target friendly Countdowns in light of effects like the CDs I mentioned above where you want the tiles to stay out long. Adding the "up to" clause, however, was a bypass to ensure you could reduce 2 enemy strike tiles without jeopardizing, say, a Steve Rogers CD tile in the event those were the only 3 Special tiles on the board.
                    Note the max level provided is for a Lv. 94 Bag-Man, so it should be effective in dealing with star.pngstar.png Daken/Wolverine's Strike tiles.

I know this post is lengthy, but I hope this Bag-Man concept has been a more interesting approach into making the Bag a more viable support character in the same vein as Original Black Widow.
                  • GundamY
                    GundamY Posts: 182
                    Options
                    Aaron, to answer you question about my proposed Juggernaut passive, it's suppose to last only on the turn when Juggernaut activates red or green abilities (plus giving bonus incentives in destroying the special tiles and board shake). But when it's the enemy's turn, Juggernaut's passive won't work because he's not destroying anything.

Also, can I ask your opinion about my other posts for my other posts in character speculation (you can just skim through and give me your first impression) https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=37405
                  • fnedude
                    fnedude Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
                    Options
                    I've rarely use Psylocke's Bewilder power, because it doesn't fit the character's speed (to me). I'd like to see her Blue power changed to this:

Bewilder: 7 AP
                    Lvl 1: A random tile is chosen as a 1-turn countdown tile. Each turn it steals 1 AP of that color, and resets to a 1-turn countdown (similar to HT's Flame Strike power).
                    Lvl 2: -1 AP
                    Lvl 3: Psylocke gets to choose the tile
                    Lvl 4: +2 AP, 2 countdown tiles are dropped. psylocke chooses 1, the other is random
                    Lvl 5 -1 AP, Psylocke chooses 2 tiles.

Also, I think Ironman40 now is totally outclassed by other 3*'s (Luke Cage). Drop the AP loses from his powers, that's it.
                  • ErikPeter
                    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
                    Options
                    Spider-Man (Classic) star.pngstar.pngstar.png

I think Spider-Man is great for PvE, but giving him a bit more utility wouldn't break him. These changes make his purple less powerful team defense, but give him more power, by giving him passive web tile generation and a little additive damage. They especially boost his passive strength when teamed with Miles Morales because hey.

Listed power effects at roughly max level (166). I didn't include level upgrades because they're mostly self-explanatory. WB heals more, ATU stuns more, SS defends more.

yellowflag.pngWeb Bandages 6 yellowtile.png AP
                      Creates 2 web tiles.
                    Passive: When a web tile is matched, heals his team for 750 damage.
                    On average this offers about the same HP gain as the 12 AP version, and is about as situational. It also carries the same drawback as the other version (destroying web tiles for healing, reducing the effectiveness of his other powers), but would be more likely to fire during a match.

blueflag.png All Tied Up 5 bluetile.png AP
                      Deals 150 damage per Web tile on the board and stuns an enemy for 1-3 turns (as the current power). Then adds a Web tile to the board.

Essentially it's the same power with minor damage added. Still nowhere near as good as Venom Blast or anything, but that's fine. He's only a 3-star.

purpleflag.png Spider Sense (PASSIVE)
                      Spider-Man's senses tingle and he moves to protect himself. Creates a Purple Web tile whenever his team matches Purple tiles.
                    Passive: Reduce damage done to Spider-Man by 150 for each Web tile on the board.
                    So now his passive defenses only protect him, but they could potentially be stronger since all 3 of his powers create web tiles instead of just one of them. He can match them, healing his team but losing his defenses. If this ended up being too strong somehow, you could base the passive on just Purple web tiles so other powers don't boost it, but then the base protection should be higher.

I think these changes would make Spidey more active and fun to play, and could put him on par with Kamala Khan in terms of PvP deterrent, but still not push him into OP territory. He would also keep the same feel as the current version, which I think is important.
                  • awef
                    awef Posts: 78 Match Maker
                    Options
                    Hello fellow MPQer's. Everyone has shared some great ideas. Here's my re-imagining of IM40.

Iron Man (Model 40) star.pngstar.pngstar.png

redflag.pngUnibeam
                    POWER COST redtile.png 8
                    Iron Man fires a focused energy beam from Model 40's chest that deals 340 damage. If Iron Man has 12 redtile.png or more, he diverts all power to fire an even stronger beam that deals 680 damage and initiates a recharge sequence at the end of the turn.
                    Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: Deals 432/864 damage.
                    Level 3: Deals 524/1048 damage.
                    Level 4: Deals 710/1420 damage.
                    Level 5: Deals 1082/2164 damage.

At Max Level:
                    Level 3: Deals 1659/3318 damage.
                    Level 4: Deals 2252/4504 damage.
                    Level 5: Deals 3426/6852 damage.

blueflag.pngBallistic Salvo
                    POWER COST bluetile.png 7
                    Fires charged homing missiles that deal 288 damage to each enemy. If Iron Man has 11 bluetile.png or more, he fire an additional round of missiles and initiates a recharge sequence at the end of the turn.
                    Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: 316 damage.
                    Level 3: Destroys 2 random basic tiles, but does not deal damage or generate AP.
                    Level 4: 345 damage.
                    Level 5: Destroys 4 random basic tiles, but does not deal damage or generate AP.

At Max Level:
                    Level 3: Deals 1004 damage and destroys 2 random basic tiles, but does not deal damage or generate AP.
                    Level 4: Deals 1095 damage.
                    Level 5: Deals 1095 damage and destroys 4 random basic tiles, but does not deal damage or generate AP.

yellowflag.pngRecharge
                    POWER COST yellowtile.png 0
                    (PASSIVE)After expending too much energy, the Model 40 shuts down and begins to reboot. Creates a Yellow Countdown tile of 2 turns and stuns Iron Man for 2 turns. When the Countdown tile activates, 1 selected tile can be converted into a Red Charged tile. If the Countdown tile is matched or destroyed, Iron Man is unstunned and gains no benefits.
                    Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: If the Countdown tile is matched by an enemy, the current target is stunned for 2 turns.
                    Level 3: An additional selected tile can be converted into a Blue Charged tile.
                    Level 4: Iron Man is shielded for 7% of his maximum health.
                    Level 5: If Iron Man is stunned by any other means, the suit is immediately shielded for 7% of his maximum health, and then gains the benefits of "Recharge" upon exiting stun.

Comments: Basically, I inverted IM40's play-style of recharge first, then fire abilities. I think it would make more sense for IM40 to use up energy, and then need to recharge. His actives have 2 modes: damage and 100% more damage for 150% the cost. I wanted to create the feeling of charging up his weapons to deal respectable damage(Got the idea from Blammo.. lol). Also, thought about having health costs, but then everyone would dislike him, just like the Sentry. The numbers probably needs adjusting. The damage of "Unibeam" was modeled after Cyclops's "Optic Blast". I figured 428 DMG/AP was a decent cost. It becomes 571 DMG/AP when charged. Nothing top tier like IF or Cyclops' "Full Blast".

The ratio of "Ballistic Salvo", 469 DMG/AP, remained the same. 704 DMG/AP, if charged up. I think I might want it to be lower, because I want an AOE that can take advantage of strike tiles, because it double dips by hitting twice. Some potential cascades, because of the tile destruction.

Now onto the passive. So here's how the passive can activate. Once IM40 casts 12 redtile.png or 11 bluetile.png, "Recharge" will activate. I think it would be pretty **** if IM40 immediately shuts down after firing a single "charged" ability. So after he unloads all of his arsenal, IM40 is stunned, which means the suit has shutdown. I didn't want to keep the previous recharge system because it became inefficient at higher levels. Plus, I found it too passive... So, it was either convert a random or a selected tile. Random would have probably been pretty bad. So, selected was the more attractive option. I made it only redtile.png and bluetile.png , because I wanted IM40 to be a lone wolf archetype. The level 4 upgrade is kind of meh. I tried to make the level 5 trait seem a bit more exciting to create more build variety. Besides, Stark tech should be impressive.
                  • awef
                    Options
                    I thought the Hulk could use a few tweaks, since something is amiss when the Hulk doesn't "Smash" that often.

The Hulk (Indestructible) star.pngstar.pngstar.png

Thunderous Clap blackflag.png

POWER COST blacktile.png 8
                    The Hulk claps and a sonic shockwave rips through the battlefield. Does 274 damage to the enemy team and destroys 3 tiles plus one for every two Green AP the team has. Does not generate AP.
                    Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: Does 296 damage to the enemy team and destroys 4 tiles plus one for every two Green AP.
                    Level 3: Does 323 damage to the enemy team and destroys 5 tiles plus one for every two Green AP.
                    Level 4: Does 351 damage to the enemy team and destroys 6 tiles plus one for every two Green AP.
                    Level 5: Does 378 damage to the enemy team and destroys 8 tiles plus one for every two Green AP.

At Max Level:
                    Level 3: Deals 1025 damage to the enemy team.
                    Level 4: Deals 1112 damage to the enemy team.
                    Level 5: Deals 1199 damage to the enemy team.

Smash greenflag.png
                    Edit
                    POWER COST greentile.png 14
                    The Hulk smashes, damaging the target for 657 plus 44 for each Green AP.
                    Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: 723 base damage. 55 damage for each Green AP.
                    Level 3: 788 base damage. 66 damage for each Green AP.
                    Level 4: 854 base damage. 83 damage for each Green AP.
                    Level 5: 920 base damage. 110 damage for each Green AP.

At Max Level:
                    Level 3: Deals 2503 damage to the target plus 209 for each Green AP.
                    Level 4: Deals 2712 damage to the target plus 261 for each Green AP.
                    Level 5: Deals 2920 damage to the target plus 348 for each Green AP.

Anger redflag.png

POWER COST redtile.png 0
                    (PASSIVE) The Hulk is angry! Each of your turn, a random basic Red tile becomes a 1 turn Countdown that changes 1 basic tile(s) to Green.
                    Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: Increases Green tiles created to 2.
                    Level 3: When damaged for over 5% of his health, a additional random basic Red tile becomes a 1 turn Countdown that changes 1 basic tile(s) to Green.
                    Level 4: Increases Green tiles created to 3.
                    Level 5: Increases Green tiles created to 3, damages enemies for 55.

At Max Level:
                    Level 5: Damages enemies for 174.

Comments: The original kit wasn't bad. It's just that efficiency of "Smash" was really poor. "Anger" accelerated "Thunderous Clap"; hence, players used "Thunderous Clap" instead. However, here, I switched the colors of "Smash" and "Thunderous Clap". Let's start off with "Thunderous Clap". The ability now does AOE damage, because the "shockwave" should be hitting other enemies. That's how things should work, unless the other two members hide in a bunker every time he uses the ability... Besides dealing damage, it's primary purpose is to clear the board and create cascades.

Next, the old "Smash" could deal 9880 damage, but under the condition the player has 14 redtile.png and 30 greentile.png . 14 redtile.png takes quite a while to get. So, it'd make more sense that the Hulk got angry and he smashed things. The damage might need adjusting.

Finally, his passive. Recently realized that the passive can be inconsistent. What if the Hulk fought, but didn't take any damage throughout the fight. Weird that the Hulk is fighting, yet doesn't get any angrier. So imagine the Hulk being on the front line, he's there ready to fight and getting angrier throughout the fight. He takes hits, and gets even angrier. My changes to the passive hopefully reflects that.
                  • ronin_san
                    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
                    Options
                    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQu ... hat_would/

Here were my thoughts:

icon_psylocke.png needs a repercussion for destroying her blue or for it to be costed down. Her red and black need revisited or redone altogether. She suffers from "better ways to spend AP"itis. Maybe Psylocke's blue should have a component of XFW's yellow, in that it stuns the enemy team one turn if destroyed before it goes off.

icon_punisher.png needs to be able to splatter Molotov tiles and needs to be able to aim his green. Fixed.

icon_quicksilver.png needs his abilities to generate lock tiles, and needs his green AP swapped for his blue. That way, the twins work better with each other.

icon_hulk.png needs a damage boost on his green and red, team-damage removed from his red, and a health bump.

icon_vision.png needs something closer to beast; cheaper abilities and a huge combo from self synergy. He also needs NOT to have Captain America's color palette.

icon_sentry.png really just needs less self dmg from his yellow AND his old world rupture back. **OR** Sentry could borrow from icon_ares.png playbook and pop a yellow timer tile whenever he uses his yellowflag.png . If he were to get a timer tile that popped a second strike.png tile, then it would soften the blow from self-flagellation.

icon_ironman.png needs the extra AP payment removed as well as his red and blue costed down. OR he doesn't stun himself.
                  • awef
                    Options
                    Some small tweaks to TA Hulk.

The Hulk (Totally Awesome) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

greenflag.pngMastermind Excello

POWER COST greentile.png 12
                    Hulk applies his titanic strength in a calculated strike. Destroys a selected 3x3 block of tiles, generating AP, and dealing 73 damage plus 27 damage for every Blue AP his team has
                    Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: Hulk deals 365 damage, plus 31 damage per Blue AP.
                    Level 3: Hulk deals 639 damage, plus 38 damage per Blue AP.
                    Level 4: Hulk deals 1195 damage, plus 49 damage per Blue AP.
                    Level 5: Hulk deals 2071 damage, plus 90 damage per Blue AP.

At Max Level:
                    Level 3: 1269 damage / 76 bonus per Blue AP
                    Level 4: 2374 damage / 99 bonus per Blue AP
                    Level 5: 4114 damage / 180 bonus per Blue AP

blueflag.pngSee the Math of It

POWER COST bluetile.png 7
                    Amadeus Cho runs through all the possible outcomes in his mind before SMASHING! Places a 3-turn Countdown tile. When it activates, it creates 2 Blue Charged tiles and destroys 2 Green tiles, dealing damage and generating AP.
                    Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: Creates 3 Charged tiles and destroys 2 Green tiles.
                    Level 3: Creates 3 Charged tiles and destroys 3 Green tiles.
                    Level 4: Countdown lasts 2 turns.
                    Level 5: Creates 3 Charged tiles and destroys 4 Green tiles.

blackflag.pngHot Dog Stand

POWER COST blacktile.png 5

Thinking and smashing use lots of calories! A hungry Hulk empties the stock of a nearby food vendor! Heals him for 914 health, and creates 1 Green Charged tile. The cost increases for each Green Charged tile.

Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: Hulk heals himself for 1080 health.
                    Level 3: Hulk heals himself for 1236 health, and creates 2 Green Charged Tiles.
                    Level 4: Hulk heals himself for 1548 health.
                    Level 5: Hulk heals himself for 2172 health, and creates 3 Green Charged Tiles.

At Max Level:
                    Level 3: 2446 health, and creates 2 Green Charged Tiles.
                    Level 4: 3066 health
                    Level 5: 4302 health, and creates 3 Green Charged Tiles.

Comments: The problems with TA Hulk's current kit is poor damage, inefficient blue, and a very restrictive black.

Let's start with "Hot Dog Stand". I removed the restrictions, doubled the heal, and changed the blue tiles to green charged tiles. If a character has a restrictive ability, it should be very useful and powerful, unlike the current "Hot Dog Stand". Ragnorok heals about 20% for his maxed blue. Cho heals 10%, under certain circumstances... The Green Charged tiles will complement with "See the Math of It".

No changes to "See the Math of It". However, it should be noted that the green tiles that the ability would vacuum, will now be applied to the Green Charged tiles. Consequently, feeding "Mastermind Excello".

"Mastermind Excello" does less damage than the Thing's "Yancy Street Special" and clears 7 less tiles... It also requires the player to not spend bluetile.png , in order to deal damage. However, you need bluetile.png to accelerate "Mastermind Excello"... If he's not going to do damage, he better bring some utility. So, I added AP generation via tile destruction. Having Charged Tiles on the board and a way to target them should make TA Hulk more efficient.

In short, the costs and output of his charged tiles may need to be changed accordingly, so he doesn't become an infinite loop.
                  • awef
                    Options
                    A slightly better Punisher (Dark Reign) star.pngstar.pngstar.png . Emphasis on "slightly".

blackflag.pngMolotov Cocktails

POWER COST blacktile.png 7
                    The Punisher lobs a bottle of liquid mayhem. Damages the enemy team for 164 and creates a Red Countdown tile that spreads fire every 2 turns, converting a random basic color tile to a 16 damage Attack tile.While active, Molotov Cocktails reduces the countdown of all existing Moltov Cocktails countdown tile by 2.
                    Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: Increases Attack tile damage to 20.
                    Level 3: Increases initial team damage to 246.
                    Level 4: Increases Attack tile damage to 24.
                    Level 5: Increases number of Attack tile to 2.

At Max Level:
                    Level 3: Deals 783 damage to enemy team and deals extra 65 damage per Attack tile.
                    Level 4: Deals 783 damage to enemy team and deals extra 78 damage per Attack tile.
                    Level 5: Deals 783 damage to enemy team and deals extra 78 damage per Attack tile. Increases number of Attack tile to 2.

greenflag.pngJudgement

POWER COST greentile.png 8
                    The Punisher unloads his arsenal. Destroys a 3x3 group of tiles, doing damage but not generating AP. Chaos creates an opening, converting a basic color tile to a strength 27 Strike tile. Cost 1 less for every 3 special tile (min cost 5).
                    Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: Increases Strike tile strength to 32.
                    Level 3: Creates 2 Strike tiles.
                    Level 4: Increases Strike tile strength to 38.
                    Level 5: Creates 3 Strike tiles.

At Max Level:
                    Level 3: Creates 2 Strike Tiles with strength of 104 (total strength of 208).
                    Level 4: Creates 2 Strike Tiles with strength of 122 (total strength of 244).
                    Level 5: Creates 3 Strike Tiles with strength of 122 (total strength of 366).

Comments: Black ability is great because it's cheap, but the secondary seems very lackluster. Kind of want to capture the effect of a bottle smashing against the ground and spewing even more fire. It should be a bit more satisfying to spam Moltov Cocktails.

I think that a board covered with special tiles = a chaotic board. So, this gives Frank plenty of opportunity to fire away. Hence, the lowered cost. It should help with board clear and more efficient Strike tiles. Nothing ground breaking.

Basically, made his abilities for fun to spam. Changes don't really make him a top tier, but he still has his niche because of his red.
                  • awef
                    edited February 2016
                    Options
                    Psylocke (Classic) star.pngstar.pngstar.png

redflag.pngPsi-Strike redtile.png 8
                    Psylocke gains momentum, fluidly chaining attacks together. Deals 137 damage and creates a strength 27 Red Strike tile whenever fewer than 3 exist.. Costs 1 less for each Red Strike tile (min cost 5).
                    Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: Increases Strike tile strength to 43.
                    Level 3: 60 damage, two times.
                    Level 4: Increases Strike tile strength to 70.
                    Level 5: 119 damage, three times.

At Max Level:
                    Level 3: Deals 348 damage, two times, and creates a strength 139 Red Strike tile.
                    Level 4: Deals 348 damage, two times, and creates a strength 226 Red Strike tile.
                    Level 5: Deals 377 damage, three times, and creates a strength 226 Red Strike tile.

blueflag.pngBewilder bluetile.png 10
                    Psylocke steadies and channels her telepathic power, reaching into the minds of the enemy to disrupt their attack. Converts a basic Blue tile to a 3 turn Countdown tile that steals up to 9 AP from the enemies' largest color pool. When matched, current target is stunned for 1 turn and steals 5 AP from the enemies' largest color pool.
                    Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: Steals up to 12 AP. Stuns for 1 turn and steals up to 6 AP.
                    Level 3: Steals up to 15 AP. Stuns for 1 turn and steals up to 8 AP.
                    Level 4: Steals up to 20 AP. Stuns for 1 turn and steals up to 10 AP.
                    Level 5: Reduces Countdown to 2. Stuns for 2 turns.

blackflag.pngPsi-Katana blacktile.png 6
                    Psylocke carves the enemy up with her psionic katana. Deals 137 damage and leaves the enemy bleeding, converting a basic Black tile to an Attack tile that deals 33 damage to the current target each turn.
                    Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: 219 damage. Next ability ignores 25% of Protect tiles.
                    Level 3: Increases Attack tile damage to 53. Next ability ignores 50% of Protect tiles.
                    Level 4: 356 damage.
                    Level 5: Increases Attack tile damage to 86. Next ability ignores 100% of Protect tiles.

At Max Level:
                    Level 3: Deals 696 damage and converts a basic Black Attack tile that does 166 damage. Next ability ignores 50% of Protect tiles.
                    Level 4: Deals 1131 damage and converts a basic Black Attack tile that does 166 damage. Next ability ignores 50% of Protect tiles.
                    Level 5: Deals 1131 damage and converts a basic Black Attack tile that does 270 damage. Next ability ignores 100% of Protect tiles.

Comments: Didn't change much of the her kit. Added multi-hit, backlash for blue, and armor penetration.

Multi-hit should make Red a bit more respectable . Probably too much, since at 3 234 Strike tiles, the dmg jumps from 367 dmg/AP(Old) to 648 dmg/AP(New). Might lower value of generated Strike tiles.

Countdown tiles are either good if it has a low cost and low timer(Beasts's Blue) or it can be placed(R&G Blue). Her blue has none of these... So naturally, there should be some added benefits. A small stun and mediocre AP steal should be fair.

Like many players have stated, her black is worse than IF's black. Granted you could gather enough blacktile.png AP to match it, but then why would you spend it on her black ability, when you could use Cyclops' "Full Blast" instead. So, I kept the low damage and low cost, but added some utility. Pyschic damage(especially those manifested as sharp weapons) = armor penetration, but yeah you could argue Jean Grey should also have that. However, she's already in a comfortable position. Ideally, you would use black, then use red. It should definitely counter characters who spam heavy Protect tiles. I mean, you could use Captain Marvel, but she's just really a redtile.png and blacktile.png battery.
                  • awef
                    Options
                    Elektra (Unkillable) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

purpleflag.pngDouble-Double Cross purpletile.png7
                    Elektra has "defected" to the enemy team, working for them while feeding her true allies powerful information. Elektra steals 1 enemy Strike tile, improving its strength by 73, but she also converts 3 random Purple basic tiles into enemy Strike tiles of strength 9. If there are 0 enemy Strikes tiles, 3 random Purples basic tiles are converted into enemy Strike tiles of strength 9, and then Elektra steals 1 enemy Strike tile, improving its strength by 73.
                    Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: The stolen tile increases its strength by 110.
                    Level 3: Elektra steals up to 2 enemy strike tiles, increasing their strength by 73.
                    Level 4: The stolen tile increases its strength by 93.
                    Level 5: Elektra steals 1 additional strike tile if there’s a friendly trap tile on the board. Stolen tiles increase their strength by 123.

At Max Level:
                    Level 3: 2 tiles stolen. Stolen tiles increase their strength by 145.
                    Level 4: 2 tiles stolen. Stolen tiles increase their strength by 185.
                    Level 5: 2 or 3 tiles stolen. Stolen tiles increase their strength by 245.

At max level, enemy strikes tiles are strength 18.

blackflag.pngShadow Step blacktile.png8
                    Elektra senses an attack coming and prepares to dodge into the shadows. She converts 2 random basic Black tiles into Trap tiles. If Elektra would take damage, the damage is negated and a Trap tile is destroyed, generating AP and dealing 274 damage.
                    Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: Elektra converts 3 tiles into trap tiles
                    Level 3: Trap tiles deal 310 damage.
                    Level 4: Elektra converts 4 tiles into trap tiles.
                    Level 5: Elektra converts 5 tiles into trap tiles. Tiles deal 466 damage.

At Max Level:
                    Level 3: 3 tiles deal 615 damage each.
                    Level 4: 4 tiles deal 615 damage each.
                    Level 5: 5 tiles deal 925 damage each.

redflag.pngBallet of Death redtile.png8
                    Death is a dance and only Elektra knows the next step. She converts a random Red basic tile into a Trap tile. It deals 150 damage to the enemy team at the beginning of every turn. Only one red trap can be on the board, adding another one destroys the previous trap.
                    Level Upgrades:
                    Level 2: Trap tile deals 210 damage every turn.
                    Level 3: Trap tile deals 270 damage every turn. If the trap is matched or destroyed, 270 is dealt to the enemy team.
                    Level 4: Trap tile deals 390 damage every turn. If the trap is matched or destroyed, 390 is dealt to the enemy team twice.
                    Level 5: Trap tile deals 630 damage every turn. If the trap is matched or destroyed, 630 is dealt to the enemy team twice.

At Max Level:
                    Level 3: 535 damage. If the trap is matched or destroyed, 535 is dealt to the enemy team.
                    Level 4: 772 damage. If the trap is matched or destroyed, 772 is dealt to the enemy team twice.
                    Level 5: 1247 damage. If the trap is matched or destroyed, 1247 is dealt to the enemy team twice.

Comments: So Elektra is really good at stealing Strikes tiles, avoiding damage, and creating a red trap tile that is less efficient than Iron Fist's passive, "Exquisite Technique".

Just changed "Double-Double Cross" to create enemy Strike tiles first, then steal them, if there weren't any enemy tiles. So, 2 134 friendly Strike tiles for 7 purpletile.png. It's no "Repulsor Punch", but it helps Elektra in situations that lack strike tiles. Well, you could double "Double-Double Cross" to get those friendly Strike tiles, but that'd cost 14 purpletile.png... Otherwise, if there are enemy Strike tiles, it works as usual. Alternatively, I think it would be cool if Elektra spawned a strong friendly and a strong enemy tile at the start of the match.

Lowered the cost of "Shadow Step" to help it be more effective. Friendly trap tiles are just so weak unless you can mass produce them like Doctor Doom. So I think that lowering cost will offset how inconsistent trap tiles can be, especially against enemies that can clogged the board with special tiles.

The problem with "Ballet of Death" is that it's really low damage, single target, and it's a trap. Scenario: IMHB and Elektra are on the same team, would you rather spend the 8 redtile.png on her or save it for "Repulsor Punch"? "Repulsor Punch" obviously, take out the priority target. It is only under the situation of stealing really strong strike tiles, Muscle's Strike Tiles, that "Ballet of Death" pays for itself. So, I think AOE will make the ability more attractive. Also, gave it some repercussions to help the fact that it's a trap tile.