December Video - Year-In-Review & Happy Holidays!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ_Dec_2015_Video.jpg

Joyful greetings everyone!

Due to work on cool new features & bug fixes, we'll have the next Marvel Puzzle Quest dev team video chat available early next year.

However, we didn't want the month to pass by without offering our best wishes for a wonderful holiday and a happy new year! With that in mind, we've put together a quick December video that takes a look back at an awesome 2015 for MPQ.

You can WATCH IT HERE.

Thanks for playing and we'll see you in 2016!

Comments

• Welp. That's not what I was hoping to see.

But Happy Holidays to you too!
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Confirmed. You guys added a lot of new characters.

Now can you please focus on fixing some of the older existing characters instead of just pumping out new ones?
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I'm confused by the Demiurge staff photo...
    Are they posing with cut-outs or were those photo-shopped in to cover up employees that left.
    Hulk looked like a cut-out due to one guys pose, Thor not looked odd.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    moogles85 wrote:
    Confirmed. You guys added a lot of new characters.

Now can you please focus on fixing some of the older existing characters instead of just pumping out new ones?

They fixed Venom already.

For a year in review I was expecting Ultron, Galactus, Anniversary or new ways to release characters like you did with Ant Man. If 101 new characters are the only positives then it really is a sad state of affairs.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or DDQ and legendary tokens as those have been two features with the biggest impact on the game.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Or DDQ and legendary tokens as those have been two features with the biggest impact on the game.

I'm sure they'd love to draw more attention to two of the biggest areas of complaints in 2015. The anti-4* transition DDQ and the luck-based, exploitable LTs. Here's hoping the new feature which shall not be named is implemented in a more successful manner.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was a lot of new characters introduced!

And new ways to pay for rosters slots! And new ways to get HP! Wait....no? What?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Eek. I am kind of embarrassed.......
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    moogles85 wrote:
    Can you please focus on fixing some of the older existing characters instead of just pumping out new ones?

There is little money in it. But I agree that a 290 hulk should not do equal damage as a 166 Cage. I am not asking for a Cage Nerf. I am asking for Hulk to be taken seriously.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Does this mean we won't be getting even a tease of what the new feature will be until January, not to mention an estimated effective date?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found an earlier draft of the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DXo5haNd9M

They obvious cleared it up a bit (this version is like minimum definition, but the new one is HD high definition) and replaced the song (which is a pity, because I think the first one is better - very catchy).
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Aw, you guys missed Original Spider-Man in your recap video!
  • AnonymousMPQ
    AnonymousMPQ Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Sincere thanks to the developers of the game that I've played the most in 2015!

Looking forward to 2016!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was disappointing. I was hoping for a video of the devs talking about all their big changes and accomplishments throughout the year, not a video of all the new characters. The release of new characters is probably a T5 reason most players get annoyed with this game. I did enjoy the photo of the dev team though, that was a nice personal touch.

Anyways if any player wants to see the actual changes and additions throughout their second year, I posted a 2nd Year-End Poll back in October.

In case you missed it: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=34297&hilit=+poll

Enjoy icon_e_biggrin.gif