A League system

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
It's been mentioned today in one of the thread on general and I'm sure it's been mentioned before by other people but lets chat about leagues....

Someone in another thread suggested a 2*,3*,4*,5* leagues to stop the higher tiers bullying lower tiers and also to make sure people got prizes relevant to their need.

I think that would be too problematic, better would be:

two leagues

League A (pick a cooler name if you like): contains people with 1-3* rosters who compete for 1-3* prizes. All characters from a higher tier are locked for this league.

League B : contains people with 4-5* rosters who compete for 4-5* prizes. You could lock the lower tier characters for this event if you like (though I'm not sure what the point is).

This would mean people compete against people at their level and for prizes at their level. There is a slight flaw with this format in that the 3/4 * transitioners may be too good for league A but not good enough for League B so if anyone has a better format or suggestion to fix this I'm all ears.

Comments welcome

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    leagues need to be able to fight for rewards from the next higher level. just adding a small reward level of 4*s in league A would solve that (t5 or so). the way you have it there, there's no reasonable way to move from league A to league B, no matter how good you are. also, I would not lock boosted 3*s out of league B - there are some high performers that still use 3*s, although it costs a ton of hopping hp I'd imagine.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    leagues need to be able to fight for rewards from the next higher level. just adding a small reward level of 4*s in league A would solve that (t5 or so). the way you have it there, there's no reasonable way to move from league A to league B, no matter how good you are. also, I would not lock boosted 3*s out of league B - there are some high performers that still use 3*s, although it costs a ton of hopping hp I'd imagine.

Good suggestion on adding a 4* prize for League A I initially didn't suggest that thinking that people in the higher tier would see it as an easy reward but I already fixed that issue by locking 4* and up characters for that league duh. Good suggestion indeed.