Venom nerf/ any chance of juggs

Razamataz
Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So after venom has been nerfed so he can't devour a 5star is there any chance we can get a juggs nerf,either up the ap usage or cap the damage on his headbutt.
Most of my 3stars are around level 136 yet I have to fight a level 228 juggs,that no matter how much you colour deny him after 2 matches or a lucky cascade he can oneshot my characters,having 15k health and doing 5.5k damage for 6ap on a 1star is just ridiculous especially when paired with Ares doing about 500+ damage per green.

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Razamataz wrote:
    So after venom has been nerfed so he can't devour a 5star is there any chance we can get a juggs nerf,either up the ap usage or cap the damage on his headbutt.
    Most of my 3stars are around level 136 yet I have to fight a level 228 juggs,that no matter how much you colour deny him after 2 matches or a lucky cascade he can oneshot my characters,having 15k health and doing 5.5k damage for 6ap on a 1star is just ridiculous especially when paired with Ares doing about 500+ damage per green.

I doubt this will happen, Venom got nerfed because before the nerf he was a benefit to the player and the 5* whales would complain like crazy that their maxed 5*'s could be taken out quickly and easily by a 1*. Juggs is not a benefit to the player at all so will likely stay as is, unless someone finds a way to abuse Juggs in a fashion that makes the game way easier for the player.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate Jugs with a passion. The one I had to fight this morning (and obviously lost to) had 17,000 hp! Its meant to be a 1* for crying out loud. He got 2 headbutts off before I managed to kill him which left me with one character dead, the second one nearly dead and still Ares and Yelena still to fight!

Ridiculous D3. Ridiculous.
  • OneLastGambit
    They really need to increase the AP cost for 1 and 2 * characters. they should scale with damage
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Juggs is fine as a challenge, kind of like the original devil dino. He just shouldn't appear anywhere near as often as he does.

It's time to release a thunderbolts team or a sinister six or something to give us proper variety in opponents.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Razamataz wrote:
    Nerfs aren't done to help us.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate Jugs with a passion. The one I had to fight this morning (and obviously lost to) had 17,000 hp! Its meant to be a 1* for crying out loud. He got 2 headbutts off before I managed to kill him which left me with one character dead, the second one nearly dead and still Ares and Yelena still to fight!

It is that last point which is the crucial one, you typically have a Daken or an Ares in the team alongside Juggs so even if you block his attacks you still have others who hit hard for little ap and you can't block everyone's colours.

If any attack from the enemy team can pretty much one-shot somebody in your team (without you going out of your way to pick low hp chars) then it just shows that the scaling of the game is simply wrong and just another way that luck is needlessly brought into the game to the detriment of the player.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Actually, his Headbutt damage has been reduced a few months ago. At level 270, it used to do more than 8000. Now, it's just over 6000. icon_lol.gif

Just took one for over 7800 from a lvl 340..
  • Nick441234
    I wouldn't mind fighting them so much if their AP scaled with their levels. A level 240 Jugs heabutt should be at least 10-12 AP, in my opinion. If he's doing me 6000 damage, he should have to do more than two turns to achieve that!
  • OneLastGambit
    I wouldn't mind fighting them so much if their AP scaled with their levels. A level 240 Jugs heabutt should be at least 10-12 AP, in my opinion. If he's doing me 6000 damage, he should have to do more than two turns to achieve that!

Yesterday.... I started a match against our dear friend OP Juggs and his first move gave him a cascade of 19 red AP he headbutted me until all my characters were dead... I got to play one move.

BUT

The match after I got a cascade off my second move (which Juggs generously allowed me to have) which gave me enough red AP to throw my shield in his face until he was dead. So those are the breaks, not fun when you're being broken though.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    BTW, I know MrF is awful, but in my last clear, he ate a headbutt, took self-damage from Carnage twice, and still ended the match at full health. Now if only he could do some damage...
  • Nick441234
    simonsez wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    BTW, I know MrF is awful, but in my last clear, he ate a headbutt, took self-damage from Carnage twice, and still ended the match at full health. Now if only he could do some damage...

I quite like his black too. I'm always wanting to match red/yellow/green so seeing them doing a whole load more damage as I match them is quite a pleasant sight. If his black countdown tile lands near the edge of the board, you can usually keep it around quite a while too.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Why are people calling this a nerf?

Venom got BUFFED, as far as the D3 / Demurge are concerned. On their end, at least.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards

Yesterday.... I started a match against our dear friend OP Juggs and his first move gave him a cascade of 19 red AP he headbutted me until all my characters were dead... I got to play one move.

BUT

The match after I got a cascade off my second move (which Juggs generously allowed me to have) which gave me enough red AP to throw my shield in his face until he was dead. So those are the breaks, not fun when you're being broken though.

Weird how you only got one move, seeing as the AI won't cast multiple headbutts in one turn.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:
    Weird how you only got one move, seeing as the AI won't cast multiple headbutts in one turn.

A cascade that produced that much AP could have downed one or more of his characters alone. While I do think he was being hyperbolic for effect, I don't think he had to be lying about it. It could have been two moves...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:

BUT

He quit after the second headbutt icon_lol.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    jackstar0 wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

A cascade that produced that much AP could have downed one or more of his characters alone. While I do think he was being hyperbolic for effect, I don't think he had to be lying about it. It could have been two moves...

There was some hyperbole there, I got one turn because after a headbutt took one out and ares took the other out I decided to politely decline their request to continue the match. I also meant one turn after the start...so 2 really ha ha