In-game encyclopedia + Stat tracking

Options
SpaceBearPig
SpaceBearPig Posts: 83 Match Maker
Encyclopedia

Just to make peoples life easier and as a fun distraction I think an encyclopedia where you can view every hero thats out. Or to take it to another level a place where you can level them upp to see how much they scale so you can play around with builds without actually having to spend ISO or covers. Might save a lot of frustration to newer players if they dont know how to best level their dudes and its just fun to **** around with. Also it would for sure motivate people to try to get covers once they see how badass a Wolverine Patch is at max level or whatever.

Stat-tracking

For competitive or just as a fun distraction to see how you play.

For competetive purposes it can be things like highest damage done in one turn of which you have a global leaderboard for, or number of tournament wins, number of top 10 finishes etc. Maybe a top 100 or something. For your benefit it will keep people playing for sure and for players it makes the game more fun.

As a distraction for personal stats it motivates you to outdo yourself, even for people not trying for a global leaderboard thing. A great example of that is battlefield or the lesser known game on PS3 Warhawk. You get those silly stat medals and you try new things and its just fun. Examples of stats that could be tracked are, most used superhero, best team, most used skill, tournament wins (so you can compare to global leaderboards), total health packs used. Or whatever I'm sure you would have a lot of ideas.

Comments

• NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ah yes, statistics. I'd love to see those icon_e_smile.gif

for encyclopedia, I just use this forum...
  • The ability to see characters and every level of their powers is definitely something that should be in the game. It's a game design failure to miss something like that when you're making irreversible decisions about building those characters. The respec system will help that a bit, but the simple fact that so many players have to go find a wiki or FAQ somewhere for something so basic is a glaring oversight. A Twinkie Denial condition, as far as I'm concerned.
  • SpaceBearPig
    SpaceBearPig Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    The ability to see characters and every level of their powers is definitely something that should be in the game. It's a game design failure to miss something like that when you're making irreversible decisions about building those characters. The respec system will help that a bit, but the simple fact that so many players have to go find a wiki or FAQ somewhere for something so basic is a glaring oversight. A Twinkie Denial condition, as far as I'm concerned.

My thoughts exactly, you put it into words better than I could. Hell just the fact that you don't even know who all the heroes are is kinda weird. There is no list in game that shows all the dudes. If you're buying a 3* pack or something it would be nice to know who all the 3* heroes are.