Suggestion to increase use of whole roster

hkattman
hkattman Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
After facing mainly 4* and some 5* while I am still leveling my 3* based on the fact that I have all 3 5* at one cover, I was thinking of a way that might work and avoid all scaling. Why not have a new section where 5 pvp events are there at all time. Each pvp is limited to a certain star level. Therefore there would be a 1* event where only 1* would be used, etc for all 5 levels. This would guarantee that people could fight at their level. People would also be keeping at least 3 characters at each level so they could take part in each event, this means additional slots so more money for D3. They would also be using 5 times as many shields, meaning more coins being spent on shields, hence more money for D3. Newbies could play pvp and feel they had a fair chance with their 1*. Whales who have worked hard or spent hard to max out their 5* would have a place to play them, I'm sure it gets kinda boring to run through pvps with maxed 5* against 3* players. This is just a suggestion that I came up with and thought I would drop it here for your consideration.

Comments

• Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Honestly, you just need 3 separate arenas for PVP. The first would be the 3 star.png tourney, the next the 4 star.png tourney, and finally the 5 star.png tourney. For the 3 star.png, you can only use your 1 and 2 star.png characters. This gives the new players a chance to win the 2 star.png covers that they don't really need while competing and progressing for the 3 star.png they need. Cause honestly, the 2s come so easily that it's a joke. Then in the 4 star.png tourney, you only use your 3s and 4s. Maybe even incorporate the 2s, but that would be kinda ridiculous....anyways, it would be a better way for people to progress to 4 star.png land with the opportunity for more covers that doesn't suck like the Legendary Tokens and the once in a lifetime progression covers. Then finally, the 5 star.png tourney would only allow 4s and 5s. This is the major players tourney. And since the devs think that it is supposed to take forever to get 5s, which obviously it doesn't, this is a better way to feel like everything is balanced without having to nerf people so damn often.

But the problem with this is that the devs don't like giving covers. They like to make them take forever. Because of their logic, I don't think we'll ever get anything that feels like you can actually progress. They need to focus on events and stories and not characters. With giving out more covers quickly, players would gladly buy roster spots because they can actually get covers for all these people! Then with interesting stories or interesting modes, players will engage more and have a reason to use their ever growing rosters. But no, their focus is solely on characters and it's making the game stale and useless.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I actually really like the idea of having a permanent PVP arena where you can play with each of your different star value characters.

But instead of the typical event style why can't we introduce a new PVP idea. One without boosted characters but instead limiting your teams to either 1* 2* 3* or 4* On a seperate tab similar to how the prologue is currently set apart from story and PVP.

Tab: Arena

Event refresh for progression awards: Daily (think deadpool)

Battle Type: 1 vs 1 but 3 waves. You pit one of your characters out versus an enemy team and once they are knocked out (if they are knocked out) you change to your next character.

Benefits to community: New play style and potential change to rosters for characters that are strong when playing solo. Characters like Invisible Woman, Elektra start to stand out for example.

Benefits to D3: New play style will cause more characters to be downed rather than a team simply injured resulting in more health packs used. Players wanting to reach top daily level progression (maybe LT for 4* and 3* players) will be tempted into spending cash for guarenteed rewards.

Additional thoughts: Due to the heavy use of health packs in a mode like this losing to an enemy team shouldn't slow a players progression imagine climbing versus other players teams a bit like running a gauntlet PVE. But what you could do to incentivise the use of strong teams and make it PVP is if your team defends sucessfully you climb like the game mode as a permanent shield.