90 Taco Tokens in a search for Red Rulk.

Pwuz_
Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Since I cover maxed every 3*, I've started stockpiling my Taco Tokens hoping for a good chance to pull more 4* covers. This week I cashed in what I had for Sweet Tokens.

This is not the order pulled:

greenflag.png 3 redflag.png 2 yellowflag.png 2* icon_ares.png
2 blueflag.png 2 blackflag.pngpurpleflag.png 2* icon_blackwidow.png
blackflag.png 2 greenflag.png 2* icon_bullseye.png
blueflag.pngredflag.png 2 yellowflag.png 2* icon_captainamerica.png
redflag.pngblackflag.pngyellowflag.png 2* icon_ms_marvel.png
4 blackflag.pngpurpleflag.png 2* icon_daken.png
3 blueflag.png 2 redflag.png 2* icon_hawkeye.png
blackflag.pnggreenflag.png 3 redflag.png 2* icon_humantorch.png
blueflag.png 2 purpleflag.pngredflag.png 2* icon_magneto.png
blackflag.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.png 2* icon_moonstone.png
blueflag.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.png 2* icon_storm.png
3 redflag.png 2 greenflag.png 2* icon_thor.png
4 greenflag.pngyellowflag.png 2* icon_wolverine.png
10 healthpackbig.png (5)
9 iso8big.png (1500)
5 heropointsbig.png (250)
blueflag.png 3* icon_rocket.png
blackflag.pnggreenflag.pngpurpleflag.png 3* icon_ironfist.png
blueflag.png 3* icon_ironman.png
blackflag.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.png 3* icon_caroldanvers.png
iso8big.png (5000)
heropointsbig.png (1000)
token_legendary.png = purpleflag.pngicon_redhulk.png

So no Red Rulk, but it gave me enough power to win in the DDQ today with him at 0/2/2. Next time I gotta save more before cashing in, since this left me with 2 4* covers I want waiting unclaimed.

How many Tokens have you used trying to get both 4* covers & the Legendary Token.

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    My record was 3 taco to get a 4* cover. Coincidentally a rulk cover.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    atomzed wrote:
    My record was 3 taco to get a 4* cover. Coincidentally a rulk cover.

Before I realized that expired vaults refresh to 300/300 after every pull, I used my few stockpiled looking for health packs. One pull have me a red icon_thor.png 4*. I was completely okay with it. icon_cool.gif
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Here's a fun fact. In pulling those 90 tokens, you didn't even double your odds for the red hulk cover that you wanted from 0.33% to 0.66% per pull. You'd need to draw 150 tokens for that.

Let's hear it for the vault! Working as intended! Meaningfully increasing your odds for getting what you want when you don't pull that item. icon_rolleyes.gif *Not*

Don't worry. The devs hear the feedback that we've been providing about this feature since before day 1. They just don't care what we think! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raffoon wrote:
    Here's a fun fact. In pulling those 90 tokens, you didn't even double your odds for the red hulk cover that you wanted from 0.33% to 0.66% per pull. You'd need to draw 150 tokens for that.

Let's hear it for the vault! Working as intended! Meaningfully increasing your odds for getting what you want when you don't pull that item. icon_rolleyes.gif *Not*

Don't worry. The devs hear the feedback that we've been providing about this feature since before day 1. They just don't care what we think! icon_mrgreen.gif

Yeah the tacos vaults are completely useless, I cashed 100 tacos when iceman was featured, and I pulled 0 4s, not one, I pulled 2250 in HP so it was not a total disaster but they are really useless. I have pulled just one 4 out of any taco token in the vault, just one! Far les than in normal tokens.

The only use of tacos now is pulling health packs.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used them for 3* covers but once your 3*s are done, its just for health packs and whatever extras you pull are just bonuses. I think I've pulled 2-4* covers (one 4thor and a kp iirc) and 1 LT throughout all of the ddq vault.
  • Nice pulls there Pwuz. I have only pulled 1 4* cover icon_carnage.png from the Vault since DDQ started. Although I have pulled 1000 heropointsbig.png a handful of times. I have never pulled the LT yet. Here's to hoping one day it will come. lol.
  • Saving for 300 tacos. Over halfway there......
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I've come to view the taco vaults as nothing more than healthpack reserves.

This point was hammered home for me after 109 pulls from one vault yield none of the 6 top rewards. The two bobby covers duped me into emptying the coffers.

Afterwards, I pretty much felt like I could miss out on the 4* covers even if I had 300 tokens. icon_cry.gif
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    I've come to view the taco vaults as nothing more than healthpack reserves.

This point was hammered home for me after 109 pulls from one vault yield none of the 6 top rewards. The two bobby covers duped me into emptying the coffers.

Afterwards, I pretty much felt like I could miss out on the 4* covers even if I had 300 tokens. icon_cry.gif

I tried to use it as a health pack reserve...took me 35 tacos to get 1 pack of healthpacks. And of course no 4* covers - just a lot of **** 2*s.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Out of all my tacos (educated guess) 260 ish - I've pulled the LT once and never pulled the 4* cover. I have pulled that super awesome 2* cover quite a few times.

I think it's funny that people use it as a healthpack reserve because out of all my pulls I've pulled a health pack 3 times.

Pulled 1000 HP twice and 10k iso once.