Red vs Green at level 222 [4* DDQ Hulk Clash]

Options
2»

Comments

• mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    3rd try lvl 104 0/3/1 dmg boost. Deny deny deny.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade wrote:
    I didn't even realise until I dropped a crit and hulk only produced one(?) green, but awesome.

Honestly, I don't think it helps us to have reduced Anger in this matchup.

1. Rhulk purple can easily handle excess green.
    2. It becomes much harder for players to hoard 18 green when the best green spammer is blocked.

Overall though, I thought this was a decent matchup. I had to go 7 times before winning, but each time I was able to get hulk under 3k health. Frustrating yes, but I always felt I had a chance in the match.
    I had the same thought as you. Anger ticked up a few notches would have probably helped more than hurt. There were lots of times I was just praying for more green to fall while my health was whittling away and I couldn't catch up. Took me a couple more tries than I thought it would since there were at least two times I had him under 1k left. Overall very beatable, as others have said, by denying red and collecting purple/green whenever you can. My 2/3/2 did it in about 6 tries I guess.
  • llamamancer
    llamamancer Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just won it with my 1/2/1 Red Hulk with 31 health remaining. That retired damage boost to avengers definitely helped.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    mikelnie wrote:
    I'm guessing you got lucky? which damage boosts specifically were you using? This is the same as my hulk (though i've leveled to 111). I would love ot make this work.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    1/3/1 lvl 115, 13 tries before winning. Not having any +all match dmg boosts made it a lot tougher I suspect. Used all three +50% though.

I'll be damned if I'm opening it before the shmampion feature we think is coming.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tried a few time for giggles with my 1/1/1 Rulk but it wasn't even close. Brought him up to 1/3/2 and leveled to 131 and took him down the first time after that with full damage boosts and denying red.

Didn't open the LT since I've had terrible luck with them as of late.
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    lymang wrote:
    mikelnie wrote:
    I'm guessing you got lucky? which damage boosts specifically were you using? This is the same as my hulk (though i've leveled to 111). I would love ot make this work.
    I used max damage boost to all, max damage boost to r/y and +2 g/b ap.boost.
    I denied mostly red green when can and held purple power off till he was close to firing his green. But sure some luck involved but not many cascades just a long match of matching with an ocational power.
  • Pollozz
    Pollozz Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Did it with 2/2/1 lvl 111. Just boost ur match damage and deny red. You cannot let him fire is red power (only if u are a low lvl toon), green is easily controlled. Took me 3 tries, but the first two i had him with less than 500 health.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Options
    managed with 1/2/2 L111, deny red like your life depended on it (which of course, it does) and slowly whittle down his HP. Keep green till 18AP to fire off your power instead of at 9, since it gives more value than firing 9 twice, ignore his anger, it only creates one green tile and does neglectable damage. Won with just a little below 200HP left on Rulk, not the easiest 4DDQ, but I greatly appreciate the difficulty being lowered icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

got a Falcap yellow for my troubles, at least it's usable icon_lol.gif
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sweet baby RNGeesus!!! Finally beat a 4* node. Barely pulled it of with only 800 health left on my level 115 Rulk carded at 1/3/1. Got a purple Fury. Gotta say I'm pretty pumped to have finally beat this node.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wolveroach just completed DDQ, except for the 4* node (0/0/3, I think not). On 15000 I'm #92.

#93 is 14999, #94 - 96 are 14851. #1 is 15000. I didn't think it was possible to get 14851.

As far as I can tell, only one person in my bracket definitely, certainly managed to beat the 4* node, well done Tyrial of no fixed abode.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My first 4 ddq win with a 1/3/2. Took a ton of boosts, and about seven attempts but got it.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cleared it on the 5th try. Only my second win in the 4* DDQ. Used +all, +100% damage and +50% purple/blue damage. Received Hulkbuster black from the token! Woohoo!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Wolveroach just completed DDQ, except for the 4* node (0/0/3, I think not). On 15000 I'm #92.

#93 is 14999, #94 - 96 are 14851. #1 is 15000. I didn't think it was possible to get 14851.

As far as I can tell, only one person in my bracket definitely, certainly managed to beat the 4* node, well done Tyrial of no fixed abode.
    14851 is what you get for completing the two-star and three-star nodes.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thank you devs for easing up this time. to me if they feel like they need to ease up because not enough have covers, they need to flip it back to xfw. however, this one was not hard for my level 168 1/5/2 rulk. took one red but had enough health and denying green was very easy with purple. that is my last chance until they flip it unless they continue easing up on us, then i'll have to boost like mad and throw lots of tries at it with 4 cover x23 and 5 cover cho.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got it on my third try with my 1/3/2 lvl 131 Rulk.

Did anyone else notice that not only was Hulk only level 222, but his cover powers were also reduced (at least anger, anyway)?

I hit him for "anger damage" a couple different times and when Hulk's counter went off, it only converted one tile to green.

Not sure if this was to help us, or hurt us, as some extra green matches would've helped me finish him off sooner. icon_e_smile.gif

And matching Purple, I just siphoned all his green anyway, so I let him make those matches to no ill effect.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    It's cool it's getting more successful (always interesting when people with fully covered ones report their triumphs. If you aren't completing it with all covers I really fear for everyone else).

At the same time, it seems weird, but the 90% 4 star thing throws me off.
    I have to remember (along with other posters) they won't make it survival because the purpose of the token wasn't to provide a 4 star catch-up haven, but more to create a transition to 5 star.

Then in that regard they failed. If it truly was to help 5 star transition, award a 5 star for beating it. Don't award a token that primarily gives out 4 star covers. It's not like that one LT each week is really that much more helpful in a 5 star transition. Might as well give you 100 CP instead, which would be helpful as you could build faster towards 720 to actually buy a cover for one of your fives.

Having the LT as the reward negates the node to being viewed like and desired to be like TBE in helping four star progression far more than five star.

And besides, why can't it be both? Make it so people that have 90% of the four stars on their rosters help further along their progression. We're gonna be at 24 4 stars soon with that number only increasing by 2 monthly. Pretty soon we'll have as many 4 star as 3 star characters. They're gonna have to change sooner or later, might as well do it sooner.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

14851 is what you get for completing the two-star and three-star nodes.

Ah, so (as OJSP also pointed out), it's what you get if you don't have a 1 star. And that I don't understand. You're losing out on 2500 ISO, every day, for the cost of a roster slot. 300+ days means a potential loss of 750,000 ISO so far.