Forum issue: "You cannot give reputation so soon."

wuweird
wuweird Posts: 75 Match Maker
Hi there,

I've noticed that for one user in particular I'm unable to rep their posts, instead receiving:
You cannot give reputation so soon. You may try again later.
So I've tried later. Hours later. Days later. After seeing others rep their post. After successfully rep'ing posts made by others in the same thread as the ones I cannot. And still the same response. I can rep every other post I've wanted to except for this one person.

After speaking to him about this, I've found he cannot rep me either. So I'm wondering: what is the reasoning for this?

Cheers.

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have this problem occasionally. Sometimes reloading the page helps, sometimes coming back later helps, sometimes it just never works. I can't say for sure what the issue is, but it's probably a bug with the module they're using for the reputation system.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've also started seeing a new reputation error, something like "the admin has disabled this feature".
  • wuweird
    wuweird Posts: 75 Match Maker
    I have this problem occasionally. Sometimes reloading the page helps, sometimes coming back later helps, sometimes it just never works. I can't say for sure what the issue is, but it's probably a bug with the module they're using for the reputation system.
    I've tried all of those, and no, it never works. But only for one user in particular, not for any others. That's it's consistently the same user makes it feel more like intentional than a bug, and I'd really like someone to explain why this is happening.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    wuweird wrote:
    I've tried all of those, and no, it never works. But only for one user in particular, not for any others. That's it's consistently the same user makes it feel more like intentional than a bug, and I'd really like someone to explain why this is happening.

There's one person I cannot rep, too, actually. As far as I know there's no way to do that, but I'm not positive.