Lifelink mechanics

Options
Just curious if this was an intended mechanic but I've noticed when a life linked monster lands a killing blow on a planeswalker you never receive that attack worth of life back to your character because the game ends. Theoretically though shouldn't you get that life back? This has implications going into your next match as you should be receiving this life back imho.

Comments

• Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would assume it's because of resolution orders. Lifelink is a result of damage, so when damage is done to kill a planeswalker, "end match" mechanic resolves before anything else. Might be something worth tweaking in the long run though.
  • Yea, game ends as soon as planeswalker reaches 0 hp.

So order is something like
    1. Creature attacks
    2. Creature does damage
    3. Planeswalker dies, game ends
    4. Lifelink triggers off of combat damage
  • I would call this a bug.
  • I would call this a bug.

Why though? I would imagine if this is anything like the stack in mtg then as soon as a victory condition is achieved all other stuff on the stack is exiled.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm actually happy it works this way now. I hate all the extra stuff that happens in MPQ after the last member of a team is downed. If you're running lifelink to keep your health up, you can regain the health in the next match.