this game is disappointing me

well it suck this game had so much potential but now that the story mode is over, and no promise of reward for PVP other than (50-100) mana shards i guess there is no reason to play

Comments

• fiendclub wrote:
    well it suck this game had so much potential but now that the story mode is over, and no promise of reward for PVP other than (50-100) mana shards i guess there is no reason to play

It's been out for a week...

These games take time for updates to come out and improve the game. According to IceX they are in heavy development to get PvP leaderboard rewards and Events. With the holidays right around the corner this might not be until after the new year but once it does release there is going to be quite a bit for you to do.
  • no i get it I was a seasoned MPQ of over 2 years, my point is that you would think that they would have put more than a weeks worth of gameplay into it prior to release if they werent planning on upgrading for a month...this game has been in the works for a year, IMO i just think they dropped the ball on the events not being ready at release
  • I understand where you're coming from but its a new game. MPQ was pretty rough around the edges when it first came out and didn't have all the features that makes it the game it is today.

I wish it had events and something worthwhile aside from the story but I know it takes time. I powered through a lot of the story and I realized I needed to slow down and not burn myself out on the game before the events. I really like the game play and its something I can see playing for a long time so I don't want to ruin it too quickly.
  • yeah its a good game, i agree a lot of potential, it has big shoes to fill with MPQ, the lack of freedom when constructing a deck i hope they improve, i.e. multi color plainswalkers and only 10 cards are 2 things that bug me, and yeah im with ya i plowed through the story to quickly i suppose... i would pound out some PVP battles but dont know that it will be worth it im excited to see where they go with it for sure
  • something else i think they should change is that since you cant have 2 of the same characters on the board when you stack one with renown you lose the benefit of one of the cards ability to grow
  • I think this game has insane potential, but the UI of the game is ugly, clunky to navigate and just feels cheap. This doesn't have nearly the same production value as Marvel Puzzle Quest which is a shame.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Rectifyer wrote:
    I think this game has insane potential, but the UI of the game is ugly, clunky to navigate and just feels cheap. This doesn't have nearly the same production value as Marvel Puzzle Quest which is a shame.

MPQ has been out for 2 years
    This game has been out for 1 week.

Trust me, MPQ used to look like this in the beginning.
  • I uh, don't have any issue with the menus at all.

What seems to be the problem?

If anything this game is FAR better than MPQ because you don't have to shell out tons of money to be competitive.

Plus it actually involves strategy instead of, you know...checking a tier list maybe once a month and hoping for covers. And the 0.1% chance to get that one card (you need to get it 10 times too!) that is useful.

Also how it was entirely a numbers game, you couldn't heal...only thing worth doing was events...pvp was impossible to rank unless you spent $1000 a month...

I've played MPQ for almost a year now and the base gameplay is solid, but I'm having way more fun with this game, bugs and lack of content notwithstanding.

Sure MPQ has better graphics. Okay.
  • pandabear wrote:
    I uh, don't have any issue with the menus at all.

What seems to be the problem?.

It's admittedly not disastrous, but the menus are pretty clunky as judged by a simple "wait, where is that again?" test. Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I do find my intuition to be incorrect about half the time, when I'm looking for a screen I know I've seen before.
    If anything this game is FAR better than MPQ because you don't have to shell out tons of money to be competitive.
    Plus it actually involves strategy instead of, you know...checking a tier list maybe once a month and hoping for covers. And the 0.1% chance to get that one card (you need to get it 10 times too!) that is useful.

Both of these issues were a function of overdilution of covers. You didn't need to shell out money in the beginning of MPQ either. They launched with like 10 characters.

I'm not trying to be a troll. I'm actually with you on liking this game. I was with MPQ from launch and quit around the Iron Fist release because I got sick of the issues you rightly mention. I'm just personally taking a more of a wait and see attitude.
  • I absolutely love MPQ and quit right around the most recent anniversary due to flooding of covers, it was becoming a money grab for d3 trying to see who could buy the most HP it got old
  • Oh, I don't mind you disagreeing. I'm a little confused because you mention being disappointed but then you mention MPQ having 10 characters. This game has more than 10 cards at least =)

I like the menu's just fine, except the planeswalker menu sometimes lags out and doesn't pick your most recent planeswalker...but shows his deck with another pw attached.

I actually failed the tutorial a few times because I was "hold and dragging" the cards wrong lol. But once I got used to it it wasn't so bad.

Lack of events and no real way to get resources is kind of annoying right now, but I'm having fun playing casually and getting new cards.

I just wouldn't call it a disappointment.
  • pandabear wrote:
    Oh, I don't mind you disagreeing. I'm a little confused because you mention being disappointed but then you mention MPQ having 10 characters. This game has more than 10 cards at least =)

Fair enough. I guess I see the Planeswalkers as "characters" and the cards as skills, but that might just be stretching to make a comparison. What I DO know is I'm glad to get in early since I was able to ride MPQ for almost 2 years because of the head start. icon_cool.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the broad strokes, the UI works fine. There are a pile of little improvements there to be made when they work their way down the list to them.

I don't think it's fair to compare to MPQ as they have yet to roll out any events or finish off the pvp system. It also doesn't make sense to compare in game economies.

Ultimately, I play this game because I like the puzzle quest concept and *love* MtG. I have no doubt things will get better as more content is introduced, so I'm having fun poking around and banking resources to spend when I have something to spend on.
  • Well I'm hoping that they learnt a lesson from mpq and it seems like they have with this looking much more f2p friendly and p2p friendly as well.Ive spent some money on various mobile games over the last couple of years,sometimes feeling like I got the entertainment out of it but usually feeling ripped off.These days I spend very little as I see the same tactics and scams in new games,plus the in app prices in Australia just went from obscene to ridiculous.I get the impression that more people are feeling the same and aren't willing to shell out what they once did.

Anyway I am loving this game so far,good strategy with lots of different powers,spells,supports and different creatures.Events and p2p are going to make things complete and bring the substance.Looking forward to what they do with the events.Mpq does always have something to do with covers to collect and characters to level but the near infinite amounts of iso needed to level characters and too many characters is what the problem is as well like others have said.Hopefully this game can find the right balance between new content without ridiculous amounts of time/money to access it.If this turns out to be a short lived yet fun game though I'll take it over the many hours it takes to get a couple of covers on mpq only to have to destroy them for next months arrival.Just got mpq for Xbox for that reason,short lived but I get to use everyone and have some fun,the way games should be pay once enjoy and move on to the next one.