Demiurge no like Asians?

kensterr
kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Cos Totally Awesome Hulk is really Totally Lousy Hulk. His powers are MEH.

He is the first Asian hero in the game and they gave us a MEH Asian hero. So are we supposed to think that Asians are **** at being a hero?

No Daken isn't Asian. He's half-Asian. Psylocke is a Brit trapped in an Asian body. Elektra is Greek. Iron Fist is American.

And no, it's disturbing that Chulk's powers involve eating dogs, which is a racial stereotype. Seriously!?.

Edit: To support the reason for my displeasure other heroes of color has been pretty good - 1* Storm was so good with environment tiles that they had to remove the tiles and nerf her. 2* Storm is pretty good. 3* is OK. Black Panther was so OP with his black color that he was nerfed. Luke Cage is good as well. Kamala Khan is pretty decent. Can the same be said of Cho?

Comments

• gigatilburg29
    gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    I suggest stop worrying about this things and don't look for things that isn't there, your life will be much more pleasent
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:

And no, it's disturbing that Chulk's powers involve eating dogs, which is a racial stereotype. Seriously!?.

Are you insinuating that hod dogs are made from dog meat? That's insulting and offensive to people who work in the processed tube shaped meat industry.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hold out for the 4* quality Iron Fist by the name of Shang-Chi.

Disclaimer: Not a character currently in development. Maybe. Possibly. I know nothing!
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    From an actual ingame chat in my alliance, during the Amadeus Inferno Event:

Teammate: Yay, I'm first to get Asian Hulk!
    Me: Is it racist that Asian Hulk kinda sucks?
    Teammate: I think it might be racist that we keep calling him "Asian Hulk."
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm operating on the assumption that there is an actual cultural disconnect here and you are not trolling.

A "hot dog" is not actually made from dog. It's just a stick of meat (usually beef or pork) in a casing, like a sausage. No idea why they are called that.

Anyway, I seriously doubt that the devs are anti-Asian and choosing to express it via lousy characters. It seems much more likely that they had to promote a character that Marvel happened to make Asian, and just designed him poorly.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought the hot dog thing was straight out of the comics? if not, it still makes me smile. I thought Asian was an acceptable description, where oriental would not be. anyway, what do I know. I'm welsh/german/indian mutt, not that it matters.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    kensterr,

Not sure if this is a joke post or serious - but I'll take it seriously just in case.

There is no cultural bias or racism ever intended with any MPQ character or in the game in general. (Demiurge's artist for Totally Awesome Hulk is of Asian heritage, fer crying out loud.)

Closing the thread before it denigrates into something unpleasant. Thanks for your understanding.
This discussion has been closed.