Which cover to buy

Options
Killjoy00
Killjoy00 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I have 1250 HP. Going to buy a cover and deciding between:

1. Patch 5 yellow (his 4 ability is so poor, so this is a nice boost)
2. Spiderman 5 blue (but he will be nerfed soon)
3. Hulk 3 black (I want to get to 5 black because that is his best ability)
4. Magneto 2 purple (great ability, but could be nerfed)

Pro to Patch - makes him a lot more useable now. Pro to Spiderman - makes me a lot more powerful right now. Con to both - capping them out, so if I do get that cover down the road, it is a waste. The Hulk and Magneto covers will go to 5 so it feels like less of a waste, but they aren't as big a jump in power right now.

Thoughts?

Here is my roster for reference.

Punisher 100 5/3/5
Hulk 100 5/3/2
Wolverine (Astonishing) 85 5/5/3
Wolverine (Patch) 70 3/5/3
Captain America 65 5/3/5
Spiderman 60 2/4/2
Iron Man (Model 40) 60 4/2/1
Ares 50 5/3/5
Storm (Classic) 50 5/5/3
Iron Man (Model 35) 50 5/4/4
Daken 50 5/5
Doctor Doom 41 3/1
Storm (Modern) 5/5/3
Black Widow (Original) 5/5/2
Magneto (Marvel Now) 40 2/5/4
Black Widow (Grey Suit) 38 3 red
Ragnarok 38 3 green
Moonstone 35 5/5/3
Venom 35 5/4
Hawkeye (Modern) 30 5/5/3
Juggernaut 30 5/5
Thor 30 3/1/2
Daredevil 30 1/1/2
Wolverine (X-Force) 30 1 green
The Hood 28 1/2
Black Widow (Modern) 25 5/5
Loki 25 2 black
Magneto (Classic) 1 red, 1 purple

Comments

• Hulk black or spidey blue. Spideys blue is a risk because of balance. Hulk is a top tank and every roster needs a meat shield.

I'd work on hulk / OBW / punisher.
  • How many slots do you have? You don't want to spent your hp right before a new cover comes out and have to sell something. Only.one I say would be worth putting hp into might be hulk black..but not atm. He needs to.have more covers first. I would just keep saving..and maybe drop hp on a cover slot or.two as needed.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Have you considered holding onto them for shields and roster slots? That's what I'm doing with my 4k hp. If you really want to buy a cover, I would just hold onto it until they announce the balance changes (which should be in the next 2 weeks).
  • Don't listen to people that say buy slots. Buy the most coveted covers instead.

Hulk black.
  • Killjoy00
    Options
    I have 32 slots (I didn't list the extra ppl I have like a second OBW that I was building before respecs were announced, 1 star hawkeye, bagman, etc.) so I don't think I need another slot.

Shields - I just don't see myself playing the aggressive shield game. I haven't yet and it just doesn't fit my playstyle.

Spidey blue is awfully tempting. But so worried about the nerf... I think I'm leaning towards waiting or doing Hulk black.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    WAIT FOR MOON KNIGHT
    BECAUSE HE HAS THE POWER OF THE MOON
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Put 5 in Spidey's blue, use it to win a bunch of tokens, and try to get a black hulk from that

You really won't be benefitting from the black hulk cover until you get it to 4 or 5. However, getting that fifth blue in Spidey will be beneficial immediately
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Put 5 in Spidey's blue, use it to win a bunch of tokens, and try to get a black hulk from that

You really won't be benefiting from the black hulk cover until you get it to 4 or 5. However, getting that fifth blue in Spidey will be beneficial immediately

This*

All the advice about saving your HP and waiting to see what happens is very sound as you don't know 'if' you'll need it in an emergency and curse that you didn't wait. However, regardless of what happens to Spidey (and Classic Magneto) you will be at max 5 blue and be assured that you don't need to 'wait' to get the cover via lottery. The scenario where you will get a 5th blue cover is of course the worst case scenario if you plough hard earned money into it, but just remember it's only a game. icon_cool.gif
  • Kelbris wrote:

You really won't be benefitting from the black hulk cover until you get it to 4 or 5. However, getting that fifth blue in Spidey will be beneficial immediately
    While I'd never disagree that Spidey's 5th blue is huge, a third green tile from Anger isn't bad either - I use him to set up BWGS' Aggresive Recon all the time.

That said, if you plan on doing this week's lightning rounds, I believe this is a hero week and you could probably grab more tokens with Spidey at 5 blue than Hulk at 3 black.
  • Killjoy00
    Options
    Agreed. Thanks for all the advice. I went with Spidey 5 and have already noticed a significant improvement. As for ISO, I think I'm going to sink some into OBW. I was avoiding levelling her up because I had her built wrong, but with respecs incoming, I want to get her up there. Avoiding ISO into Spidey for now because of possible nerf and honestly, I like having other people cover his blue sometimes (like Doom powered up in simulator right now). I guess I could work on Punisher to 141 but the levels are so pricey it is just discouraging.
  • Yeah, you probably made the right decision. I bought Spidey's fifth blue with HP and got a redundant one like a week later. The amount of stunning I did during that week ensured that I didn't regret the purchase for a second.