Suggestion to balance the 5* impact in pvp

atomzed
atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
More and more players are getting maxed 5*. Not one, but some have 3 which they can put in a single team.

The impact of the 5* is huge and it is already very difficult to use a 3* team to kill a 5*.let alone 2x 5* in a team.

Suggestion:- introduce a cap to the number of total stars you can have in a pvp team.

I am proposing 11 stars though there is also a case for 12 stars too.

With 11 stars, the player can put in the following combination:-
5*-5*-1*
5*-4*-2*
5*-3*-3*
4*-4*-3*

Etc....

This allows a natural "handicap" when you bring in a strong 5*.. You have to bring in a weaker lower * to offset it.

The benefits include:- (1) more varied teams in pvp (2) ensure that there are different pros and cons in using a 5* and (3)gives players a chance of taking on a 5* team.

If we use 12 stars as the total number,then the following combi is possible:-
5*-5*-2*
5*-4*-3*
4*-4*-4*
Etc

Again, we can see that there are different combinations in which you can use the 5*.

I hope d3 will consider this as another way of moderating the impact of the 5* on pvp.

Comments

• Or have the Matchmaking algorithm match you against opponents with a similar number of *s in their team to your most used/best covered team.

Can't be that hard to do.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with the OP. There needs to be a new intermediate bracket in between noob and veteran. It would be primarily 3* rosters/early 4* rosters while veteran would now be 4* developed/5* rosters. Game dynamics have changed with the flood of 4* and 5* intros but the way the game handles it has not which has lead to imbalances in parity.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or how about...someone with 3 maxed 5* should be beating you if you're a 3* player, so change nothing?
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:
    Or how about...someone with 3 maxed 5* should be beating you if you're a 3* player, so change nothing?

The proposed changes will still see 5* players beating 3* players. No change to that.

What will change is that the 3* players will not face an insurmountable wall of 2x 5*. It gives them a fighting chance.

At the same time it will force players to mix it up the different * level. That will make things more fun.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    What will change is that the 3* players will not face an insurmountable wall of 2x 5*. It gives them a fighting chance.
    What's this insurmountable wall you speak of? I don't have any usable 5*s, I always skip 5*s, and I can always get 1300.

I agree at some point something will need to be done with 5*s, but we're not there yet, and this isn't it, because until I can use one of my own, I'm always going to skip a team with even one 5* in it.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

The proposed changes will still see 5* players beating 3* players. No change to that.

At the same time it will force players to mix it up the different * level. That will make things more fun.

I'm a 3* player myself and hit 1k-1.3k in each event depending on whos boosted. There's no wall for me.