MPQ At Marvel.com: Miles Morales & Venom!

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ fans,

Two new "arachnid adventurers" are arriving in Marvel Puzzle Quest and you can find out more today!

Swing over to Marvel.com right now for first details on Miles Morales and the Eddie Brock version of Venom in a chat with MPQ producer, Joe Fletcher. Cool preview screenshots & power peeks are available as per usual.

You can READ IT HERE.

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: MILES MORALES & VENOM
Quote:
"Marvel.com: Tell us a little about Miles and what makes him different from Spider-Man’s Original and Amazing versions? Where does he stand between Original’s more balanced play style and Amazing’s support abilities?

Joe Fletcher: He pretty well stands alone, actually, while pushing synergy with the other Spider-Man variants and with 1* Venom through his Web tile generation. He’s got a more offensive skillset than Peter, but also brings a lot to the table in support as well, making him unique in the spider family. Running as a Purple/Yellow/Red character, Miles brings a bit of stealth, a bit of brains, and a bit of old fashioned butt kicking in."

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    Forum details for Eddie Brock Venom should be up later today! Please stay tuned.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    VENOM!!! THANK YOU icon_e_biggrin.gif

His art is perfect.

His moves sound..... wonky. Will withhold judgment until seeing full stats and commencing theorycrafting.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, what a surprise!
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Unless something drastically changes with venom's passive at higher levels it looks completely useless. All you have to do is use iron fist to turn it against him.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eddie Brock Venom, and a new Dark Reign story chapter? Be still my beating heart!
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If the new Venom will be Venom (Eddie Brock), does that mean the old Venom will be renamed to Venom (Mac Gargan)? Or will he stay as Venom (Dark Avengers)?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Venom looks amazing! And he's using my favorite comic cover! I wish he was easier to earn.. Ugh 4*s.. I'll enjoy looking at my one cover
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Unless something drastically changes with venom's passive at higher levels it looks completely useless. All you have to do is use iron fist to turn it against him.

It would be nice if it only kicked in when enemy protect tiles are present. If the team you're fighting only places attack tiles then this becomes a skill that does nothing but hurt you.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So... Carnage is Venom's 4* DDQ opponent then?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options

If you think about it, they counter each other a bit. Both of their greens are kind of similar. Whomever gets the most appropriately timed green off wins.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    <br abp="743"><br abp="744">If you think about it, they counter each other a bit. Both of their greens are kind of similar. Whomever gets the most appropriately timed green off wins.

I was sadly bitterly referring to the fact that if you didn't have Venom's cover of increasing enemy attack tiles, it would be easier (like missing Carnage's black against Doc Oc).
  • bigwhoop
    bigwhoop Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Joe Fletcher: Well, as with the last couple of holiday years, we’ll be running a double shot of the new episode, so players that miss out on the new story as a result of, you know, that family stuff, will get a chance to experience it.

Does this mean ISO-8 Brothers and Venom Bomb will run again after the Simulator with the same rewards?
  • Unless something drastically changes with venom's passive at higher levels it looks completely useless. All you have to do is use iron fist to turn it against him.

It would be nice if it only kicked in when enemy protect tiles are present. If the team you're fighting only places attack tiles then this becomes a skill that does nothing but hurt you.

Might be an issue since one of his abilities creates enemy protect tiles...

...that being said the idea of reducing a Luke Cage protect tile to 1 while he keeps it up does amuse me.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Sadly it can't reduce to 1 because it's a flat percentage reduction, not a Phoenix style "Decrease value by X amount" effect. But yeah, I had forgotten about Lethal Protector.

Still, depending on how the numbers shake out his best build could end up as 5/0/5.
  • Well, none of his abilities CREATE enemy attack tiles either, so I can see that passive being used (mostly) to lower defenses. You could bring out like, Cage/Iron Fist to counter him directly but when you get to pick who you're fighting that's a bit different.

Like, if you're fighting overscaled 2* Bullseye, Moonstone, and Daken, there's no downside to weakening Bullseye's protects.

Some Ninjas with Turn to Smoke and Smoke Bomb are the best single character counters I can think of right now.
  • LovelyMagickUnicorn
    LovelyMagickUnicorn Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Anyone else notice the differing AP cost for Symbiotic Fury in the screenshots? Wonder what determines the cost...
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone else notice the differing AP cost for Symbiotic Fury in the screenshots? Wonder what determines the cost...

Board shake is highly valued by the devs.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So how long will it take till we get a redesigned usuful power for Venoms passive? Currently its a waste of ability slot... Please be quick
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Board shake is highly valued by the devs.
    see rulk red. minimal value ability on an otherwise very strong character. funny, I don't think mags red, loki purple, and jugs green are overvalued for their level. others certainly are.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    ****Venom (Eddie Brock)**** stats post is up. You can find it here:

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36842