Where Are All The 4-5 Star Villians? - Post Suggestions

llamamancer
llamamancer Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I have been increasing disappointed every time a new character is released as it is hero after hero. To use the games own count, the Nefarious Foes event has 3 4* villians powered up: Kingpin, Carnage, Red Hulk. Besides for a couple with mixed histories like X-23 and Silver Surfer, everyone else is a hero out of 23 4* and 3 5* characters.

Let's make this game a fair fight, bring in Mandarin, Sabretooth, Mister Sinister, Red Skull, Osborn, etc.. Additional suggestions are welcomed.

-Llamamancer

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Agreed, even Red Hulk isn't really a villain. He just hates Hulk, everyone else he gets along fine with, even joining the Avengers for a time. Would GR Penance Stare even be triggered by him?

I would love to see Green Goblin or Hobgoblin (original classic version from the 80's) at the 4* level. Mandarin, Baron Zemo, MODOK, Grim Reaper, Mysterio, Sabertooth, Grey Gargoyle (Stun Fest City!), Absorbing Man, , Ulik the Troll, Taskmaster would all be welcome too.

Bring on some more heralds at the 5* level, like Terrax or The Destroyer. Or get weird with villains like Shuma-Gorath or Null the Living Darkness.

My biggest fear is that their solution to the villain problem would be to just to make "rare" versions of Venom, Juggs and 2 *Bullseye. THAT probably would get me to quit the game.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Surfer is no villain. But i believe Phoenix counts as one. There have been a plethora of threads asking for villains, and so of course we got our 500th spidey instead...lol. At least GR is a new char, but since his best power depends on villains it's kinda like a slap in the face. I won't throw a list up, but obviously Marvel has a TON of popular villains they could use. But careful what you wish for, since the MPQ universe is buzzing for villains, do you really want to grind a 7 day event where every player on earth is trying to make top 100?? Instead of Totally Lame Hulk, or "a million times better spidey", how bout one of those Ant-Man events where we all have a shot at the new bad guy?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surfer is no villain. But i believe Phoenix counts as one. There have been a plethora of threads asking for villains, and so of course we got our 500th spidey instead...lol. At least GR is a new char, but since his best power depends on villains it's kinda like a slap in the face. I won't throw a list up, but obviously Marvel has a TON of popular villains they could use. But careful what you wish for, since the MPQ universe is buzzing for villains, do you really want to grind a 7 day event where every player on earth is trying to make top 100?? Instead of Totally Lame Hulk, or "a million times better spidey", how bout one of those Ant-Man events where we all have a shot at the new bad guy?

To be fair to MPQ, it has probably come from marvel that they want their mobile games to include spiderverse characters since Marvel Future Fight has just added three of them too.
  • And hero characters are universally more popular then villain characters. I'd rather have Spider-Gwen before Mysterio, and Mysterio feels like the only really major villain that's left out. (Sans Boss Tier characters, and Norman Osborne and Nazi ones)

But then again, I'd never have considered Red Hulk for this game and look where we are now.

And I got friends who are really clamoring for Eddie Brock Venom over literally anybody else. So that'd be an a'ight villain.

(Although I'd be all super hype if Girl Squirrel was added, but that's personal fandom biases.)
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    My biggest fear is that their solution to the villain problem would be to just to make "rare" versions of Venom, Juggs and 2 *Bullseye. THAT probably would get me to quit the game.
    Most people think the next new character after Miles is 4* Venom (Eddie Brock), so...fears turning to reality?

I think the problem isn't that there aren't huge lists of great villains out there for them to use, but that people tend to like the heroes much more since that's who the stories are actually about. When you look at those "who do you want to see most next" lists, you generally see 90%+ heroes. Gambit, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Better Spiderman (getting now), Kitty Pryde, Namor, Dr. Strange, Cable, Nova, Moon Knight tend to be some of the most-requested characters at this point. Sure you see some who really want Sabretooth, Dormammu, Green Goblin, or a higher rarity Doom, but for the most part heroes are far more popular than villains.

A quick google search of the most popular marvel characters only showed less than a handful of villains in the top 50. Magneto, Doom, Thanos. Villains just aren't very popular.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I have been increasing disappointed every time a new character is released as it is hero after hero. To use the games own count, the Nefarious Foes event has 3 4* villians powered up: Kingpin, Carnage, Red Hulk. Besides for a couple with mixed histories like X-23 and Silver Surfer, everyone else is a hero out of 23 4* and 3 5* characters.

Let's make this game a fair fight, bring in Mandarin, Sabretooth, Mister Sinister, Red Skull, Osborn, etc.. Additional suggestions are welcomed.

-Llamamancer

As many Wolverines as we have, this seems to make too much sense to have.
  • Tatercat
    mohio wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:
    Most people think the next new character after Miles is 4* Venom (Eddie Brock), so...fears turning to reality?

I think the problem isn't that there aren't huge lists of great villains out there for them to use, but that people tend to like the heroes much more since that's who the stories are actually about. When you look at those "who do you want to see most next" lists, you generally see 90%+ heroes. Gambit, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Better Spiderman (getting now), Kitty Pryde, Namor, Dr. Strange, Cable, Nova, Moon Knight tend to be some of the most-requested characters at this point. Sure you see some who really want Sabretooth, Dormammu, Green Goblin, or a higher rarity Doom, but for the most part heroes are far more popular than villains.

A quick google search of the most popular marvel characters only showed less than a handful of villains in the top 50. Magneto, Doom, Thanos. Villains just aren't very popular.

True and Marvel does have a long history of heroes fighting each other. Not just the last decade (Civil War, AvsX, Secret Wars) but going back to the old Hulk/Thing Rivalry. One could make an argument the villains are secondary, at least in fan perception (More people remember the first Hulk/Wolverine fight than they do the first Hulk/Abomination fight).

And I'm hoping that 4* Venom is actually the Flash Thompson version, so I'm as guilty as the next guy I guess.

But man I really want a play old fish bowl head himself, Mysterio.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    mohio wrote:
    I think the problem isn't that there aren't huge lists of great villains out there for them to use, but that people tend to like the heroes much more since that's who the stories are actually about.

I think this is a valid point, but they should at least build some non-playables like Gorgon to add some variety to their monotonous PvE events.

Doesn't solve the OP's issue, but would at least get some of them in the game.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Omega Red would make for a nice Villain, even if non-playable as he was also a part of the Hand once.

Would be strange to see him though before someone more popular like Sabertooth however.
  • Thor82
    Thor82 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Vulture anyone? Huh Huh
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    kalex716 wrote:
    Omega Red would make for a nice Villain, even if non-playable as he was also a part of the Hand once.

Would be strange to see him though before someone more popular like Sabertooth however.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=36777&p=456717#p456717

Eh? Eh?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd love to see more villains in the game, there is a large disparity between them. There are plenty of popular villains and although I get what people say about heroes being more popular but honestly the most popular and sought after issues are often ones with the first appearance of a villain. You wouldn't be able to have heroes without villains so give us more!
  • Tatercat
    Thor82 wrote:
    Vulture anyone? Huh Huh

YEEESSSSS!!! This game needs more grouchy old men (besides logan).
  • Thor82
    Thor82 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    1-Vulcan
    2-Jigsaw
    3-Sandman
    4-Mr. Sinister
    5- Sebastian Shaw
    7- Rhino
    8-Pyro
    9- Kraven the Hunter
    10-Sabertooth

Red Skull can be Boss battle like Ultron
  • I think the power level of the villains should be considered within the marvel lore as well. I'm not the only one bothered by Star-Lord and Elektra for example being 4*s rather than 3*s. Certain villains i just don't think would fit thematically in these tiers.

My top 5 for each.

4*
    1.Red Skull
    2.Sabretooth
    3.Green Goblin
    4.Mandarin
    5.Ronan

5*
    1.Dormammu
    2.Gladiator
    3.Nebula
    4.Enchantress
    5.Maelstrom

Bosses
    1.Thanos
    2.Apocalypse
    3.Annihilus
    4.Shuma-Gorath
    5.Zom
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I like the idea of bringing new villians, but they'd necessarily have to come in at the 4* level, and fighting them in PvE, especially overboosted, is going to just be deadly. Quick way to induce some more rage quitting, at least.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    I've been trying to work up a post for 2 new villains, combo's like Rocket & Groot

War & Famine
    Disease & Pestilence

Then of course 4* solo Archangel

Get all of Apocalypse's dudes.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I'm not even sure 4* Venom (Eddie Brock) will be treated as a villain in the upcoming PVE - one of his abilities is "Lethal Protector". Looks like they're basing it off of Brock's more recent, repentant characterization than his classic behavior.
  • Iron Patriot Osborne is literally there in the code right now. Just sitting there not available for us to use.