Allows us to move covers of a completed character around

Pylgrim
Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
After reading the description of Miles's abilities, I've come to think that he doesn't have a particular and clear "best build" but rather, that different builds will serve different purposes. There are a few other characters like that and I believe it is a good goal for developers when designing characters. The problem is that you basically have to "marry" forever one of your choices (unless you are a whale, who can have several copies of a character). I believe that allowing us to swap around covers (maybe for a small fee, say 200 Iso) would add an interesting layer of strategy that would come up often when you are looking to combine a character with characters that you usually don't, because they are boosted. It'd also remove an unnecessary small amount of grief when you complete a character with the "wrong build".

I do understand why you would think it's is a bad idea for incomplete characters to swap covers around, but if you could add it as an option that unlocks once you have 13 covers of a character, it is hard to think of a downside. This would be an awesome feature to introduce if you are planning to buff old character at some point, if by using more modern design sensibilities you could make them so there's not a single "correct' build for them.

Comments

• QuizB
    QuizB Posts: 35
    OJSP wrote:
    Isn't this the rumoured new feature?

Oh please don't give me any hope...we all know how that goes in this game...

On a serious note, if this is the new feature it would make sense. Hence the dev's saying selling covers for cp wasn't working with this new feature. I think it'll cost cp, not iso.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Isn't this the rumoured new feature?

I've read many rumours, but this was not one of them. I can hope, though!
  • Better (from D3's pocketbook standpoint and more realistic anyway) is to allow people to collect all 15 covers for a character, but then only activate 13 at a time. That way they wouldn't miss out on the whaling of that 5th OP cover by someone that happened to earn 5 of the two **** ones first.