Is playing Mpq mean we are nolife ?

franckynight
franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
At least thats what devs seem to think.. Im hearing everywhere that d3 plan to have back to back 7 days event for the next 2 4*.. Moreover one will end on christmas eve.. The other on new year eve.. I m not seeing myself explain to my family and friends that they have to wait for my final grind to begin to eat., are you kidding me!!!!
What a nice gift..
Thank you but no thanks..

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least thats what devs seem to think.. Im hearing everywhere that d3 plan to have back to back 7 days event for the next 2 4*.. Moreover one will end on christmas eve.. The other on new year eve.. I m not seeing myself explain to my family and friends that they have to wait for my final grind to begin to eat., are you kidding me!!!!
    What a nice gift..

Tell them a friend bought you an iTunes/Google giftcard and you are simply playing with the gift that was given to you icon_e_biggrin.gif

In all seriousness, I would love to think that many players won't be playing so there won't be much grinding but after I couldn't keep my T150 during the Thanksgiving PVE for Ghostrider, it does not look like Christmas and New Years will fare much better.
  • if you play competitively, yes.
    But you can also decide to only do the deadpool daily quest and play here and there a bit of pve or pvp and not care about the rankings or rewards.

But yes, i have to agree. For me personally it is also impossible to play this game for more than 1 month in a row active. I keep playing active for a few weeks, then almost not at all for a few weeks, and then active again for a bit. This is the game i have uninstalled the most from my pc ever i think icon_lol.gif
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Frasaria wrote:
    if you play competitively, yes.
    But you can also decide to only do the deadpool daily quest and play here and there a bit of pve or pvp and not care about the rankings or rewards.

He's right. I stopped playing pve several weeks ago, and apart from a justifiable bit of outrage upon learning of the token exploit, know how many times I've been angry at, about and/or because of this game in the last several weeks? I'll give you a hint...it starts with a z and rhymes with hero icon_mrgreen.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're letting a video game negatively affect real-life activities, that's a sign of addiction.

We should make an MPQ Hotline. Only 5 hp per minute to call!
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Divorce your spouse, toss your kids into boarding schools, tell your boss you are going on a hiatus, tell the postman to hold your mail for a week and cancel Christmas. Now you are ready to devote your life to the all powerful 7 day PvE event...
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    What a nice gift..
    isnt that nice from d3?
    you either play 7 days, every 8hours for at least an hour, and your price will be a 1/1/1 4* character (hes essential in the next pve! and you only need some months to finish him!) OR you enjoy the holidays with your family.

i think its supercool of d3 to make that choice for you.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Yup, you guys can have my covers. I'll spend time with my family. Maybe I'll get lucky and 6 days worth of points will stack up against those playing all 7 days.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will let you have my covers as well. I will not grind for a week to finish 101 (like in Ghost Rider event). I will probably get my first cover from his PVP... or not. I don't care as I won't whale him so i can live without one. And if that means I will have to skip the next PVE as well as he will be essential - more power to me icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I think this, right after token-gate, is the thing that finally drives me away completely.

I don't want to play a game with developers that continue to spit in the face of their veteran player base.

We've told them we hate 7-day release events, we've asked them to change it.
    They did for a while, then come out with 3 7 day events for new chars in a row - two of which ending on Christmas eve and New Year's.

I get it, we're not the target group anymore, it's the noobs who bring in the fresh cash.

Still the blatant disregard for the most devoted players is starting to get too hard to swallow.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    pg-10-smart-santa.jpeg

Santa will be late this year as he is grinding for Miles and won't have time to buy presents
  • I already decided NOT spend my Christmas eve and New Year grinding for new cover. I´ll try in first 6 days and if it´s enough - good, if not - good too icon_e_biggrin.gif .
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that getting 1k in pvp has become much easier.. if you skip the event, you can still get him in the pvp easy enough.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    late bracket snipers will be everywhere next week (and the following likely).
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Come join me over on Mtg:PQ. No events; no alliances; no idea what's going on. It's bliss.