Need some insight.

Avarice13
Avarice13 Posts: 38
edited December 2015 in Roster and Level Help
I'd like to think my 3* roster is good but I know it needs some major improvements. Need some insight from veterans in 4* land or even maxed 3* rosters on what to do.

Maxed:
She Hulk
Falcon
Gamora
Thor
Beast

Can max:
Hood
Loki

Everyone else I have anywhere from 6-12 covers for.

Don't have:
Colossus
Psylocke
Mohawk Storm
Vision
Rags
Spider Man
Kamala
Grocket
(may be missing one or two here)

Should i focus Loki and Hood up to 166? Or level ones I have like Cyclops, Doom, GSBW to name a couple up to their current max.

Thanks!

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    As far as Loki and Hood go, unless you are focusing on PVP where levels matter, I would focus on damage dealers/tank characters first. Those both perform better under-leveled and fully covered in PVE because other characters can tank their colors and still give you their full effect.

To help you better, may I suggest getting your roster setup over at http://mpq.gamependium.com/. It is a great resource and helps other people see your roster and lets you track your progress with your roster. You can see my roster in my sig as an example.
  • Updated my sig with my roster link.

Thanks!
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm affraid you are lacking covers for the best 3* - Iron Fist, Cyclops, Luke Cage, Kamala, Scarlet. I would try to build up ISO, save HP for slots and keep playing what you can while building them to max.
  • Awesome. Thanks. I'll work on those minus kamala since I don't have her yet.
  • Loki and Hood are kind of oddball characters that (especially early on) don't benefit a lot from higher leveling. Loki, I believe, is the only character without a single ability that scales with level. So having him at 166 vs 40 only gives him a larger health pool and keeps him alive longer. Hood is similar, in that his primary function is stealing enemy AP, and he can do that just as well at level 40 as he can at 166.

I agree that saving your ISO is your best bet. You have a pretty usable roster and should focus on the top tier characters that will be optimally covered. Your BP can go to 153, for example, but IMO you shouldn't put any more ISO into him until you get 3 more black covers for him. Same with LCap and blue. Basically - hold off on spending more ISO on characters until you have them optimally covered. You don't want to find yourself in a position where you don't have enough ISO to take your optimally covered 5/3/5 Cyclops to 166 because you spent it all on your 5/5/3 LCap or BP.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not to be negative but other than LThor, I think you are missing the best 3* characters maxed on your roster. I would take Blade, Magneto, IF, BP, Cap, Groot, Cage, Switch, Doom and KK over all of the characters you have maxed out. I would focus on those characters if possible myself.
  • No offense taken. I appreciate the help. I'm putting ISO into Iron Fist right now. Got another purple for him so he goes to 140. Ive been following the optimal 3* guide anytime I get a cover so hopefully they'll keep flowing in. Lol