Where do we go from here? A Phaserhawk Retrospective

Phaserhawk
Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
To paraphrase [HI]Moore

My deep breaths have been taken, so here's where I feel we are are.

1.) While the cheating exploit is not fixed, I do have faith that D3 will monitor and sandbox as appropriate, however a you do need to keep in touch with the forum, such as "35 people were sandboxed today" 3 have been returned with a rolled back roster. No need to name names, but this is something we can get behind.

2.) As a player base we are going to need more than your word. I'm not asking you to compensate everyone 25 LT's, but I think you need to go back to a few weeks after Silver Surfer release and go over every PvE and PvP where these glitch users were in and give everyone prizes based on if they were not there. You don't even need to do the whole bracket but essentially anyone in the top 150 of PvE, or would have been in the top 150 and anyone in the top 100 of PvP or would have been needs to be compensated for lost rewards if they would have moved up a tier. Yes this is leg work, but It's pretty much the only shot you have of getting people back on board and in good faith. A top player on average depending upon the number of cheaters easily would have lost 1000's of ISO, 100's of HP and some covers due to this. If you want to just fix it all I recommend handing out 5000 ISO, 250 HP, a 10 pack Heroic, and 5cp you probably could just fix everything in one fell swoop.

3.) The underlining problem and the cause of all this is 5*'s and LT's. Now if you knew of a token glitch and you offered LT packs, shame on you D3 for thinking this wouldn't occur. 4*'s aside, this game was not ready for 5*'s, and what all of this is going to show is that 4*'s are going to need to be buffed much sooner than previously thought. The double whammy however in all of this is that LT's and the 5*'s in them which negate all 4*'s at the moment, is that normal players are being doubly slowed in their progression. Replacing the 1300 PvP reward with an LT was terrible for me and a lot of other players. You took what was 2 guaranteed covers of a character and essentially gave me 1 and a 50/50 shot at a random one I needed, then you have players cheating further pushing me and other players down the PvP or PvE ladder and our progression has been hindered. I really really, hope you would consider putting the second guaranteed 4* cover at 1300, or better yet, ISO at 1100, 4* cover at 1200 and the LT at 1300.

Overall the act of cheating I believe will get caught and fixed, but the ramifications however small, much like a pebble dropping in the water, ripples out over a huge area, you are going to have to throw a bigger pepple back D3 to stop this. Much of the furor is over the frustrating of the LT's as I have stated, they have slowed player progression rather than helped, and so people did what they had to do to get around it. I could go on and on and elaborate, but the 3 main points are there. I feel you are taking measures, you need to go out of your way to assure your normal players you care, and you need to fix the disparity in LT's, 5*'s and 4*'s because they have really hurt players. The best way to sum it up, is that you struggle against massive rosters to squeak into a 1300 placement award, dropping 1000 HP on the way to be rewarded with an Invisible Woman cover, something needs to be done.

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where do we go?
    Where do we go now?
    Where do we go?
    Where do we go now-ow-ow-ow?!