Which 4* next? [POLL]

PeterGibbons316
PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Roster: http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/PeterGibbons316/

I'm hitting 1k easily with FistBuster, and can push to 1300 with some consistency, but it costs me a decent bit of HP that I don't really think is worth it for the LT. I see A LOT of JeanBusters in my climbs and they don't scare me, so as nice as a 270 JG would be, I'm wanting to try something a little different. Whatever I decide is going to cost me months worth of ISO (currently only have 80k saved up), but I want to get some opinions on what would be best to work toward....

Option A - Max JG and use JeanBuster like everyone else: 300k ISO, 2500 HP
Option B - Max Iceman and go with IceBuster: 350k ISO, 10k HP
Option C - Max JG and Carnage: 600k ISO, 15k HP
Option D - Hoard ISO until the next OP character is released, then whale them in the first week to 270: 400k ISO, ~25k HP
Option E - Finish up BP and KK before leveling more 4* characters: 160k ISO

I'm leaning towards C/D just to be a little different.

For those of you with JeanBusters, or IceBusters....how high are you able to climb before you start getting beat back down? With FistBuster I can often hit 1k without a shield, would JG or Iceman get me much higher?

Thanks for your opinions!
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    jeanbuster at 250 here. I float in the 600s (maybe as high as low-700s) typically and push to first shield 1050-1100 usually. this is highly, highly variable in different slices. I've attempted 1150 in a drier slice and got beat back pretty hard. I've also hit 1100 in pt-rich slices, shielded, and had no hits come in at all. can vary quite a bit. with recent boosteds, its been a while since I actually used hb/jean as my main team (although we've gone through all the good 3*s recently - I bet boosteds get a lot weaker for a while).

I'd love to try ice, but mine is lagging pretty far behind. my rulk is at 1/5/2 and might be tempted to try him. bp and kk are both very useful (ran them together recently even). I've used her over jean a lot lately with her boosted. jean/carnage sounds interesting, if I could only find a carnage black - mine sits at 4/-/5. only have experience with A and E, but maybe this helps some.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you have at least one of each color, i would like to recommend Rulkbuster. Red Hulk is the new powerhouse. Draining the green AP and generating your own, neutralizes the other teams JG attack, and unlike other color generators (stretch, thunderstrike, imhb blue) it has no chance at resulting in a cascade that will trigger the opponent JG.

I made the mistake of buying my last few covers for JG (3 cover), and have since pulled enough to build a complete duplicate.. so those covers will come in time. Rulk is a monster, high HP, huge AOE, slightly annoying passive, and an AP depletion + regeneration.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    If you have at least one of each color, i would like to recommend Rulkbuster. Red Hulk is the new powerhouse. Draining the green AP and generating your own, neutralizes the other teams JG attack, and unlike other color generators (stretch, thunderstrike, imhb blue) it has no chance at resulting in a cascade that will trigger the opponent JG.

I made the mistake of buying my last few covers for JG (3 cover), and have since pulled enough to build a complete duplicate.. so those covers will come in time. Rulk is a monster, high HP, huge AOE, slightly annoying passive, and an AP depletion + regeneration.
    Hmmmmm. This would be an easy one for me to try out as I currently have a lvl 233 1/5/5 Rulk. I'll give it a go next event.

His red is weak, think it would be worth the 5k HP just to be able to take him to 270?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof wrote:

Hmmmmm. This would be an easy one for me to try out as I currently have a lvl 233 1/5/5 Rulk. I'll give it a go next event.

His red is weak, think it would be worth the 5k HP just to be able to take him to 270?

Mine is 3/5/5, and with him boosted in Nefarious Foes, i cannot wait to try him out boosted. I consider lvl 250 maxed, those last 20 levels don't do much and cost loads.. so you can probably get there with 2/5/5.

edit: checked on gamependium, 2/5/5 max level 250, so would work!
  • TxMoose
    unless you just had lots of hp on hand and the iso to do it immediately, personally, that would be hard for me to do - spend significant hp on a known weak ability. but that's just me. not sure you'd get very good ROI there, but, granted, my rulk is only 1/5/2, so take it fwiw.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    i voted icebuster... for me, iceman is the #1 ranked 4*... self feeding, low cost (6 blue) for the best stun in the game, 12 blue for a 4 turn stun + 10k damage & an AOE?!? yes please...
  • TxMoose wrote:
    unless you just had lots of hp on hand and the iso to do it immediately, personally, that would be hard for me to do - spend significant hp on a known weak ability. but that's just me. not sure you'd get very good ROI there, but, granted, my rulk is only 1/5/2, so take it fwiw.
    I went ahead and took him to 250, 2/5/5 since I have a good bit of HP (especially considering Christmas is just around the corner), and the 60k ISO that was needed for those 17 levels.
  • Malcrof
    TxMoose wrote:
    I went ahead and took him to 250, 2/5/5 since I have a good bit of HP (especially considering Christmas is just around the corner), and the 60k ISO that was needed for those 17 levels.

In nefarious foes, run Rulk, Cmags, Hood ( if you have them maxed). Cmags replaces IMHB, cheaper skills and when buffed his blue can do more than a base repulsor.

IMHB/Rulk/Hood got me to 2k in shield sim without a single shield, or hit even for 2 days after hitting the 2k mark. I think you will be pleased.
  • I only have CMags at 100 (even though he was my first 3* it took me FOREVER to cover max him and so he got left in the dust). I'm thinking Rulk/Mystique/Hood. Boosted Mystique is particularly nasty.
  • Malcrof
    I only have CMags at 100 (even though he was my first 3* it took me FOREVER to cover max him and so he got left in the dust). I'm thinking Rulk/Mystique/Hood. Boosted Mystique is particularly nasty.

Boosted Mystiques big hit comes in the purple/black combo. Purple you will be using to get Rulk's green up, and the AI will most likely mess it up. Mystique is a monster when boosted yes, but if your IMHB is 270, than IMHB/Rulk/Hood will give you actives on all colors.

How is your rags? Cheap red into blue acceleration, into charged greens to feed rulk.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    I only have CMags at 100 (even though he was my first 3* it took me FOREVER to cover max him and so he got left in the dust). I'm thinking Rulk/Mystique/Hood. Boosted Mystique is particularly nasty.

Boosted Mystiques big hit comes in the purple/black combo. Purple you will be using to get Rulk's green up, and the AI will most likely mess it up. Mystique is a monster when boosted yes, but if your IMHB is 270, than IMHB/Rulk/Hood will give you actives on all colors.

How is your rags? Cheap red into blue acceleration, into charged greens to feed rulk.
    My rags is garbage. The only maxed characters I have for this event are Daken, Hood, Loki, and Mystique. Rulk/Daken/Hood would be decent, and easy enough for the AI to stay out of its own way.
  • Salgy wrote:
    i voted icebuster... for me, iceman is the #1 ranked 4*... self feeding, low cost (6 blue) for the best stun in the game, 12 blue for a 4 turn stun + 10k damage & an AOE?!? yes please...
    Thank you so much for this. You are SO right.

IMO the only thing that makes IMHB "better" than Iceman is that he pairs better with so many other top tier characters (Rulk, JG, Iceman, IF). Where Iceman really doesn't work well with JG or Rulk - too much competition on colors.

Been using IceBuster for a couple weeks now and absolutely love it. But as I'm playing it - I'm typically focusing on Iceman's abilities over HB's. He's truly a beast.
  • TxMoose
    after getting my ice to a usable level and recently champed, I now see why he tops many rankings. I too find myself completely focusing on ice's abilities - all about setting up that green and managing foes with the blue stun. anything hb adds is gravy/cleanup. I think ice is so good that he can literally work with nearly anyone, but yes, the sheer numbers of purple/green users is somewhat of a downer. but you have to pick one and he's the one imo. can go well with hb, cyke, kp, xfw, falcap, GR, and many boosted 3* (obviously 3cyke is a great partner). good choice.