Earth Mighthiest PVP 1k cover not granted

Wolarsen
Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
Dear staff,

During the Earth Mighthiest PVP i passed the 1k threshold, got the award window and inmediately a notification of an enemy attack that pushed me down. While the attack popup was shown i could see my score, around 1014, once i closed the popup i got back to 950ish.
But i did not get the black Kingpin cover reward.
It was quite frustrating; could you please take a look at the issue?
Thanks,

Comments

• Hello Team,

same for me.
    I reach the 1K 3 times after having shielded.
    mKpBWn.png
    WT6VZ3.png

That's a big big frustration when you play
  • madx
    madx Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Happened to me as well.. it even blinked the cover and I got nothing in the covers section.
  • madx
    madx Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Happened to me as well.. it even blinked the cover and I got nothing in the covers section.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    You would need a screenshot of the standings, showing your score over 1k in the list. It can show over 1k there on the main screen,, but if you had taken a hit, it wouldn't reflect or show the retal node for a bit. I know from past experience, CS will require that Screenshot , as this is a normal happening. If the hit dropped you below 1k, the cover is not granted.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    You would need a screenshot of the standings, showing your score over 1k in the list. It can show over 1k there on the main screen,, but if you had taken a hit, it wouldn't reflect or show the retal node for a bit. I know from past experience, CS will require that Screenshot , as this is a normal happening. If the hit dropped you below 1k, the cover is not granted.

This. Server Vs Client ; say you're at 999 points and have an incoming attack (that'll cost you 40) and are in the process of a win (that'll win you 1)

The Attack may well finish first, putting you at 959. Then you win mere seconds later, putting you at 960. Your screen hasn't "refreshed" from Server side yet though, so the loss isn't posted to the number you can see.

It -is- however, posted to the leaderboard. So if you ever need a progressions screenshot, take it from the leaderboard. CS will know it's legit then, as loading the leaderboard forces your device to check with the server what your current point total is.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

This. Server Vs Client ; say you're at 999 points and have an incoming attack (that'll cost you 40) and are in the process of a win (that'll win you 1)

The Attack may well finish first, putting you at 959. Then you win mere seconds later, putting you at 960. Your screen hasn't "refreshed" from Server side yet though, so the loss isn't posted to the number you can see.

It -is- however, posted to the leaderboard. So if you ever need a progressions screenshot, take it from the leaderboard. CS will know it's legit then, as loading the leaderboard forces your device to check with the server what your current point total is.

It is also something we would love fixed! Many times in my earlier days, the struggle to 1k was a nasty one.. and i would hit it 4 times and get hit each time, before i finally made it.. rage inducing.

As a side note, when you shield, this also applies, immediately hit the standings after you shield to force a sync, or you may have a hit come in after you shield.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    It is also something we would love fixed! Many times in my earlier days, the struggle to 1k was a nasty one.. and i would hit it 4 times and get hit each time, before i finally made it.. rage inducing.
    so glad those days are mostly behind. still overpush my team every once in a while but its not nearly as costly as coming out of that last 45 pt match to hit 1000 to -120 back in the day.
  • So, before fixing this bug, should people get he reward despite this issue ?

Regards,
    icon_e_wink.gif
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    lleywen wrote:
    So, before fixing this bug, should people get he reward despite this issue ?

Regards,
    icon_e_wink.gif

It is not a bug.
  • Arondite wrote:
    lleywen wrote:
    So, before fixing this bug, should people get he reward despite this issue ?

Regards,
    icon_e_wink.gif

It is not a bug.

You are right, it is not a bug. it is a game concept error. This is more important and critical.

You have a shield (at 900 points for example) : you can't attack and people don't attack you. -> can't improve score
    You want to fight, so you unshielded or don't have one, you are attacking but others attack you in response. -> can't improve score (you lose more points than those you win).

No solution for that.