Update to PvE / PvP scaling based on roster?

SeveredSynapse
SeveredSynapse Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
There was mention of an update in the works (around R88 release or so) that the devs were working on a new mechanism to the way events scale based on our rosters.

The intent was to help out people who were hesitant to cash in on Legendary Tokens out of fear of disrupting their game play if they got a 5* character which would immediately alter their roster tier.

Yet none of the patch notes recently mentioned this.

Did I miss any update information on this?... Has this fallen by the wayside or is this a feature potentially still in the works?

Comments

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Sadly still nothing other than what you've said = "Something is coming Soon(TM) "

This LT exploit disaster certainly hasn't helped things as far as communicating to us what's going on with the game, both in the present and in the future.

We'll prolly know better in January, when they supposedly will announce whatever this new feature is they been working on for seemingly a while.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    It will allegedly be included in next month's big rollout, along with several new features.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's been some confusion on this issue, as far as I am aware the devs never mentioned fixing the 5* scaling issue. What they did mention a fix for was the advantages to softcapping your roster - which people seem to have confused. They said (in the November video?) that they were working on making it so that always levelling your characters is more advantageous than soft capping them (presumably because this means more iso needed and therefore more sales) but unless someone can correct me they did not mention fixing the 5* scaling issue.

Just as a side note: I have OML and SS on my roster (which is mostly 5 cover lvl 90 3* team) and it doesn't affect my scaling, my scaling is totally random it seems.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am 4* transitioner so I have starterd leveling 4* over 166 (but not by much - I have a couple at 197, some around 180). I have also each 5* with 1 cover. None of them is leveled up. Scaling in PVE and PVP is just fine. I can climb in PVP to 1k with a bit of luck. In PVP only the last two nods are hard (something over 200 lvl).
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    It will allegedly be included in next month's big rollout, along with several new features.

so has it been confirm the new features are NOT coming till jan.. did not see them confirm it
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

so has it been confirm the new features are NOT coming till jan.. did not see them confirm it

The video announcing them isn't even coming til January. At this rate we will be lucky to see the new features before February.
  • SeveredSynapse
    SeveredSynapse Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Magic wrote:
    I am 4* transitioner so I have starterd leveling 4* over 166 (but not by much - I have a couple at 197, some around 180). I have also each 5* with 1 cover. None of them is leveled up. Scaling in PVE and PVP is just fine. I can climb in PVP to 1k with a bit of luck. In PVP only the last two nods are hard (something over 200 lvl).

I am in the same boat...

And I guess I was referring more to what OneLastGambit is discussing.

There's been some confusion on this issue, as far as I am aware the devs never mentioned fixing the 5* scaling issue. What they did mention a fix for was the advantages to softcapping your roster - which people seem to have confused. They said (in the November video?) that they were working on making it so that always levelling your characters is more advantageous than soft capping them (presumably because this means more iso needed and therefore more sales) but unless someone can correct me they did not mention fixing the 5* scaling issue.

Just as a side note: I have OML and SS on my roster (which is mostly 5 cover lvl 90 3* team) and it doesn't affect my scaling, my scaling is totally random it seems.

From the November video, I thought the intent was to quell fears of those people holding out on cashing in their legendary tokens... The fear (at least for me) was that if I was lucky enough to get a 5* cover, when my next highest character is 200... the PvP and PvE events would scale to a roster of level 250+.

I was under the impression via playing for year(s) that there were tiers 94/166/>166+ ... and it was in your best interest to remain at your tier... save a ton of iso, then make a substantial roster upgrade of most/all characters to the next tier otherwise face the grind where you are severely outmatched in PvE / PvP. I experienced this quite a bit on the 2* to 3* transition, and to a lesser degree on the 3* to 4*.

I guess because I was fretting the 4* to 5* jump (knowing it will be a LONG, LONG, LONG time before I ever have enough 5* covers)... it is simply best off not to cash in any of my legendary tokens. at 3.3% chance, there is almost NO incentive to cash them in. I would rather not have a 5* cover clouding my event scaling if it is useless (only a few of the 13 covers, not enough to be useful).
  • slidecage
    slidecage wrote:

The video announcing them isn't even coming til January. At this rate we will be lucky to see the new features before February.

so there isnt a DEC video? how do we know it will not be told in the dec video
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=36739#p456473
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi all,

Our apologies, but due to the holidays and ongoing work on fixes & features, no December dev discussion video is planned.

Demiurge are still working on an exciting new MPQ feature (we know many of you are eager to learn more about), but we aren't quite ready to reveal specifics yet. Please stay tuned for more info early in the new year.

Thank you!
  • slidecage
    fmftint wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=36739#p456473
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi all,

Our apologies, but due to the holidays and ongoing work on fixes & features, no December dev discussion video is planned.

Demiurge are still working on an exciting new MPQ feature (we know many of you are eager to learn more about), but we aren't quite ready to reveal specifics yet. Please stay tuned for more info early in the new year.

Thank you!

Thank you for that link and info Think i will just opened my tokens that EARLY into the new year that could mean that even Jan might be missed