L50 IM35 4/4/5
L50 mStorm 4/5/4
L40 mWidow 5/5
L20 Juggernaut 2/4

L42 Daken 4/4
L38 Cap 1/2/5
L36 cStorm 4/2/3
L22 Thor 2/2/1
L16 Wolvie 2/2/3 (should get a couple more covers at the end of the Simulator event)
L16 Moonstone 2/1/1
L14 mHawkeye 1/2/0
L12 Magneto NOW! 2/1/1
L8 oBW 1/1/0
L6 Ares 1/0/0

L28 DDevil 2/0/1
L15 Magneto 0/1/0

Soon:

L15 Patch 0/1/0 (about to get to the 50k reward in the Simulator)

You may find "unoptimal" builds, I basically dumped covers into characters as soon as I found them.

IM35/mBW/mStorm has been my go-to team for basically everything until now, but I'm starting to have a hard time in PvP, since my MMR has gone up and I'm getting matched up more and more with ** teams. Daken and Classic Storm have seen a surge in their use in the Simulator event, the first as a damage soaker/slow killer, the latter as the "I win" button as soon as I get enough blue AP; I'm trying to use them in PvP too in the latest DD event, with mixed result (good offense, awful defense as expected). Astonishing wolvie is about to get some (a lot) of ISO pumped into him, got three covers from the Villains tournament and I hope to get at least 2 more from the Simulator event. I should get some Moonstone covers from the current DD event.

I'm still a total newbie with strategies/team comp, so I'm open to suggestions about specs and characters combinations for both PvE and PvP. Who should I prioritize? Please point out also the spec mistakes I've made.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• I think you will be using your 1* team for bit longer yet, for the transition concentrate on leveling Thor, Wolverine, C Storm and OBW, it won't be until your 2* characters are lvl50+ that they will start to eclipse your current 1* lineup. As for builds, I think 5/5/3 is the current favourite for Wolverine, Thor needs max yellow and then either max red or green depending on who you pair him with, C Storm is usually 5/5/3 (but green is the most important), and OBW is typically 3/5/5.
  • You can change IM by Wolwie(5/5/3), Modern Widow by the Original(3/5/5) and then Modern Storm by classic. If you prefer Thor(3/5/5 best build) than Wolvie or if you have more covers you can use him too, he does good damage and he tank well in defense mode.

But for OBW you will need more cover, you can nothing actually with that.

And don't sell your 1* characters till you don't change them by another at the same or higher level.
  • The biggest problem you seem to have is ISO. You need to start earning it and pouring ISO into your 2 stars to get them maxed/cover capped. They won't do you much good in the lv 20-40 range.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    The biggest problem you seem to have is ISO. You need to start earning it and pouring ISO into your 2 stars to get them maxed/cover capped. They won't do you much good in the lv 20-40 range.

You hit the nail on the head. I had to pour a good amount of ISO in Juggernaut(that I never bothered to level up) to score a good placement in the Villains tournament. The problem is that I need ISO to obtain ISO to level up my characters and at this moment it feels like I'm not moving at all. At least the Simulator event is helping a little these days, if I manage to get to the simulations before the difficulty scales to beyond crazy.
  • The best tip I can give you right now is: DO NOT LEVEL ANY OF YOUR CHARACTERS!

The higher your characters' levels are the harder your PVE events will be. Just keep saving your ISO and getting new covers.
    Once you have a a few hundred thousand ISO to max several 2 star characters in one shot then think about leveling.
    It's more efficient to just save your ISO right now.

Also, you want to lose as much as possible in the PVP events where you don't care about covers.
    Just join an event as soon as it starts, then beat the opponents in only one or 2 of the slots to get the token reward.
    After that, beat the low level opponent in your last PVP slot with a really weak team so you can lose while defending.

In MPQ the path to victory is losing as much as possible.