Idea for a new tile type: Heal Tile

RandomTask83
RandomTask83 Posts: 14
I haven't been following this game for too long so I'm sure this idea has had to come up before, but I think the implementation of it could add a cool dynamic to the battle mechanics of the game.

A Heal Tile would work the same as a Strike Tile and would apply to whichever character on your team most recently made a match (just like how the enemies target). This would add a new layer to strategizing because you would have to try and foresee what your enemies next move could be based on the board and amount of AP before you strike with a vulnerable character so that he/she can be healed before taking a hit (the idea being that they will be healed more than they will be hurt by the subsequent enemy strike). If the character takes more damage than the heal was worth, then the tile basically served as a shield tile.

What do you all think? I know there are characters already in the game that this could have applied to, but who would be a good Marvel character that we haven't seen in the game yet to have this ability?

Comments

• my thought: Mr. Fantastic and X23 have similar enough mechanics already. And if applied to everyone might make matches a little too long
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I like it, and I think it'd be a good twist on current tiles.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's called Kamala Khan
  • It's not at all like Kamala Khan's passive (who heals everyone, and only triggers when a special is performed) or X23 (who heals herself, not teammates). This tile would only heal the targeted teammate and it would trigger at the end of your turn until it is destroyed. If you want to have a hero healed, you're going to have to put them in harm's way. In my opinion, it adds quite a bit of opportunity for strategizing and analysis (will he/she heal more than the enemy is going to attack for).

My depth of knowledge for Marvel characters isn't too broad so I'm not sure what other characters are capable of healing others - Dr. Strange maybe?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    My depth of knowledge for Marvel characters isn't too broad so I'm not sure what other characters are capable of healing others - Dr. Strange maybe?
    Dr. Strange isn't in the game (yet).

There are a number of other healers in the game. In general, people who heal the whole team give a "burst of health", i.e. temporary hit points, while people who only heal themselves give "true healing".

Team healers:

3* Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
    2* Black Widow
    3* Spider-Man
    3* Beast

Self-healers:

5* Old Man Logan
    5* Silver Surfer
    4* Hulk (Amadeus Cho) (this skill is extremely difficult to use due to board limitations, bleh)
    4* X-23
    4* Deadpool
    4* Wolverine (X-Force)
    4* Mr. Fantastic
    3* Deadpool
    3* Rocket & Groot
    3* Wolverine
    3* Daken
    3* Ragnarok
    3* Ragnarok (note: the only self-healer to give a "burst of health" instead of "true healing)
    2* Wolverine
    2* Daken

Special case:

5* Jean Grey (resurrection ability)

And a few NPC goons, such as the HAMMER/SHIELD Lieutenants and some of the Brotherhood ISO mutants.

Did I miss anyone?
  • Right, I am specifically trying to think of characters that aren't in the game yet because this would be a new game mechanic applied to a new character... Unless they decided to apply it to an existing character's special, but I imagine that may tick people off.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    If heal tiles were burst of health tiles similar to strike tiles etc then this could definitely be a type of tile I would love to see introduced.

It could make a very interesting supportive character and potentially change up some of the existing builds we regularly see in PVP match ups.

Especially pairing them with characters that power up tiles to make the healing even stronger.
  • This is a nice and fun idea. I totally understand the people who are against it though. The differences between this and some existing healing moves is relatively subtle. This could also end up with some borderline gamebreaking exploits combined with protect tiles and we know that those are punished by scaling.

There are plenty of self-healers in the Marvel U but I can't think of many healers of others beside a few really obscure ones. Not sure if Iron Fist's healing chi can be applied to others (it could in Ultimate Alliance 2). Silver Surfer has some healing capacity through the Power Cosmic. Archangel has healing blood, doesn't he?

redflag.png "Healing Blood" - 10AP
    Archangel opens a vein and flies over his team mates drenching them in blood. Warren loses 1/5th his HP. Place two 60HP red 'Healing tiles'

...Ok no, I've not read any of the stories where the healing blood has been used. I guess it probably doesn't work this way. It's supposed to be a transfusion, isn't it? Still could be an amusing animation. Could be the Halloween 2016 character launch? I can imagine it now as Angel's team mates Blade and Squirrel Girl are replaced with monochrome red versions of themselves.