Effects from the exploit/cheaters

ViralCore
ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
A few members of my alliance (including myself with a season score of 20085) have gone up in season rank over the past 24 hours and we assume it's because some of the cheaters have been sandboxed. The players removed are from top 10 alliances which means their entire alliance has benefited from their cheating. The cheaters were able to score high and provide cupcake teams to the rest of their alliance. So, while it's great that d3 is going to sandbox/rollback the cheaters, the question remains... what is D3 going to do about the alliances and players who have been cheated?

Edit: 'Affects' > 'Effects' in the titel - caught by the grammar police icon_redface.gif

Comments

• my guess is....... absolutely nothing. icon_e_smile.gif
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2015
    Wow good point - I have come second in my season bracket two seasons in a row ... The CP from first would have bought a Legendary Token
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not really sympathetic to the alliance gripe, the reward tiers are very limited for season so one's talking about minimal stuff, but if it makes one feel better, that's fine.

If your alliance or yourself moved up in season rank as a result, I would put in a ticket and let them work on it.

In similar instances (player removed from leaderboard, moved up in tier) in the past, I've seen alliance mates get the extra tier rewards with varying success.

They say "we don't do individual compensation" but surely if you're in a top alliance, you've seen the "but this one time we will" e-mails from support.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Effects. Unless you mean studying the emotional responses of cheaters.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    +10 here, 48-38
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    I'm not really sympathetic to the alliance gripe, the reward tiers are very limited for season so one's talking about minimal stuff, but if it makes one feel better, that's fine.

If your alliance or yourself moved up in season rank as a result, I would put in a ticket and let them work on it.

In similar instances (player removed from leaderboard, moved up in tier) in the past, I've seen alliance mates get the extra tier rewards with varying success.

They say "we don't do individual compensation" but surely if you're in a top alliance, you've seen the "but this one time we will" e-mails from support.

I meant personal placements, I doubt think alliance placements will change by much.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    They are way downplaying the whole thing IMO. This is such a trickle down effect from the top even to the bottom. If one secured a spot that they got due to manipulating pulls because lets face it. How many people are going to attack into a level 450 SS and 450 OML while in PvP? No one, you dont' have the time to, so these guys were essentially waltzing through PvP not having to shield much and then getting top rewards. Which locks others out, which then goes all the way down the bracket ladder.

The only way I EVER, spend money on this game again is that D3/Demurige go back since the begin of LT's and fix every single player that lost a reward or tier due to these guys. I'm not asking for massive comensation, If you got 26th but 8 cheaters are above you, well now you got 18th and get the difference in rewards.

There is no way I will pay any more money until that is done, I call everyone else to do the same. I'm close to deleting this game in general but I'll give them time. Fix this guys. Fix it now and fix it quick.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Fix this guys. Fix it now and fix it quick.

I agree with you. But almost nothing ever gets fixed/changed quickly around here. The list of examples of ridonkulous turnaround times is hilarious.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Few cheaters Yea right just in my bracket i just seen i was 1248 but now says im 998th that is what 250 just in one bracket

also

500 to 1001 gets 3 tokens and 25hp
    1002 to 200 get 2 tokens

so cause of the cheaters I lost out on a Token and you say THIS IS FAIR YA RIGHT
  • QuizB
    QuizB Posts: 35
    I was 880ish in my season bracket. I don't have as good a roster as most forumites.

I'm now 771.

That's over 100 removed from my bracket.
    ONE. HUNDRED.

Obviously this exploit wasn't very widespread, right? icon_lol.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Do y'all really care about 10 more moonstones covers? icon_eek.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do y'all really care about 10 more moonstones covers? icon_eek.gif

Can reroll into an IW or two, maybe a Flaptain or Reed, and a short stack of 2Torches. Exploits FTW!

Flaptain and Reed are the only two DDQs I have failed so far. Why must you taunt me so.
  • Kirinknight
    Kirinknight Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    This sandboxing probably explains why our alliance finished 101 and then moved to 100 last season which would have earned us a Legendary token each. However, D3 refused to acknowledge it despite several CS contacts and never gave us a token. Uncool