After come back a week i feel boring again

Unknown
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Sorry for 3 to 5 match of color gems

tried again for the 8hrs repairing PVE and only no. 1 or 2 can get the 4* next essential cover

tried again for crazy hit after 700 points

very sorry

Comments

• san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    OP - I am sorry to hear that you have had that experience. There have been some changes recently, some of the better, some for worse. Change is inevitable. icon_e_smile.gif
    I would recommend you stop playing MPQ so you can take the time to focus on your education, such as your grammar icon_e_biggrin.gif

I think this sort of attack is unnecessary. MPQ is a game with users from all over the world, which means that many do not speak English as their first language. Given that grammar is different in different languages (go figure, eh?), it may come as a surprise to you that for that individual, that may very well be the correct grammar, just not in the language of your choosing.

A good rule is "if it doesn't change the meaning, don't correct it" - as I understood what the OP was saying perfectly fine, I'd say that his/her statement is just fine. Enjoy MPQ and be kind to your fellow human beings.

Holiday cheers to you!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    san-mpq wrote:
    OP - I am sorry to hear that you have had that experience. There have been some changes recently, some of the better, some for worse. Change is inevitable. icon_e_smile.gif
    I would recommend you stop playing MPQ so you can take the time to focus on your education, such as your grammar icon_e_biggrin.gif

I think this sort of attack is unnecessary. MPQ is a game with users from all over the world, which means that many do not speak English as their first language. Given that grammar is different in different languages (go figure, eh?), it may come as a surprise to you that for that individual, that may very well be the correct grammar, just not in the language of your choosing.

A good rule is "if it doesn't change the meaning, don't correct it" - as I understood what the OP was saying perfectly fine, I'd say that his/her statement is just fine. Enjoy MPQ and be kind to your fellow human beings.

Holiday cheers to you!

I am sorry you took my reply very seriously. Although my comment came off jerkish, it was my dark humor as well as tough love.

I am aware this is a worldwide game, but unfortunately I have seen this grammar used all over my Country or specifically the State I live. For instance, for the longest time I always used "Your" for everything because I never realized "You're" existed. Someone corrected me on it, and I have made sure to always use the correct term since then. Sometimes people do not realize their grammar/spelling is completely wrong and need the "grammar police".

Anyways, apologies to anyone who may have been offended by my post.
  • still bored try Marvel future fight pretty fun game already addicted and way more generous with content and extras then MPQ, not a match 3 game though, but nobody is perfect
    judd-hirsch-id4-70.jpg
  • san
    I am sorry you took my reply very seriously. Although my comment came off jerkish, it was my dark humor as well as tough love.

I am aware this is a worldwide game, but unfortunately I have seen this grammar used all over my Country or specifically the State I live. For instance, for the longest time I always used "Your" for everything because I never realized "You're" existed. Someone corrected me on it, and I have made sure to always use the correct term since then. Sometimes people do not realize their grammar/spelling is completely wrong and need the "grammar police".

I appreciate that you attempt to own your actions, though I hope you recognize it isn't me you need to apologize to.

To comment on your post:

1) This-but-that statements are little more than a veiled justification for something. It spoils the apology. Tough love isn't a thing, or rather, not a very useful thing.

2) You recognize that it's a worldwide game, yet the issue is internal to your state. In other words, you are personalizing this. I understand you may be offended by improper use of the English language within your country and state. At the same time, remind yourself that the person you're speaking with isn't in your state necessarily, or for that matter, on your continent. I also wish to remind you that the internet is not just American (or Canadian, or British, or German, or anyone's for that matter).

3) I have not yet met an individual who has English as a second language, who is not aware of their grammar being incorrect. They do not need the grammar police, as you put it, to tell that that. They recognize this and, quite often, feel a great sense of shame for it. Reminding them that their grammar is incorrect only serves to reinforce the sense of shame. This does not help the individual. Individuals respond much more positively when they see their statement paraphrased using correct terminology and grammar, and this is internalized a bit more smoothly (i.e. "I go to the store" - "Oh, which store are you going to?").

4) I know what I say may be hard to comprehend in a world where many people, including those from other countries, speak your language. But if you were to suddenly move somewhere where no one spoke your language, how would you feel if the "grammar police" were to present themselves every time you made a mistake? How would you feel to be corrected at every sentence, or to get told to "stop playing ___ so you can take the time to focus on your education, such as your grammar?" What if you were already quite educated, and someone stated this? What if you struggled with retaining a language that is quite unlike anything you've experienced? Let's try and be considerate on a multi-lingual, multi-cultural forum that only exists somewhere in this electronic ether we know as the internet.

Cheerios!
  • san-mpq wrote:

I appreciate that you attempt to own your actions, though I hope you recognize it isn't me you need to apologize to.

To comment on your post:

1) This-but-that statements are little more than a veiled justification for something. It spoils the apology. Tough love isn't a thing, or rather, not a very useful thing.

2) You recognize that it's a worldwide game, yet the issue is internal to your state. In other words, you are personalizing this. I understand you may be offended by improper use of the English language within your country and state. At the same time, remind yourself that the person you're speaking with isn't in your state necessarily, or for that matter, on your continent. I also wish to remind you that the internet is not just American (or Canadian, or British, or German, or anyone's for that matter).

3) I have not yet met an individual who has English as a second language, who is not aware of their grammar being incorrect. They do not need the grammar police, as you put it, to tell that that. They recognize this and, quite often, feel a great sense of shame for it. Reminding them that their grammar is incorrect only serves to reinforce the sense of shame. This does not help the individual. Individuals respond much more positively when they see their statement paraphrased using correct terminology and grammar, and this is internalized a bit more smoothly (i.e. "I go to the store" - "Oh, which store are you going to?").

4) I know what I say may be hard to comprehend in a world where many people, including those from other countries, speak your language. But if you were to suddenly move somewhere where no one spoke your language, how would you feel if the "grammar police" were to present themselves every time you made a mistake? How would you feel to be corrected at every sentence, or to get told to "stop playing ___ so you can take the time to focus on your education, such as your grammar?" What if you were already quite educated, and someone stated this? What if you struggled with retaining a language that is quite unlike anything you've experienced? Let's try and be considerate on a multi-lingual, multi-cultural forum that only exists somewhere in this electronic ether we know as the internet.

Cheerios!
    Now it seems like you are over stepping and presuming too much. He made an apology and stated his reasoning. why not leave it at that and move on with our lives? now i seem to be over stepping .. ugg lets get back on track.
    Getting-Back-on-track.jpg
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    san-mpq wrote:

So... "how would you like it if you moved to Paris?"

/sarcasm
  • san
    Heartburn wrote:
    Now it seems like you are over stepping and presuming too much. He made an apology and stated his reasoning. why not leave it at that and move on with our lives? now i seem to be over stepping .. ugg lets get back on track.
    EDIT: removed image

To be honest, I debated with that idea myself, though I am not sure I am. An apology that starts with a "but" is not really an apology. "I am sorry I hurt you but you teased me" is a good example.

Allowing these things to go on unnoticed isn't really helpful in the long run. Yes, it's difficult to have these conversations AND they are important to have. I think where the line ought to be drawn, is in demonizing the author, which I do not think I have done. I am not calling the author out as a person, I am calling out actions. There's nothing personal about that. This is in contrast to the author's original quote, which has implications at a personal level. I may be nearing this line, but certainly don't think I've crossed it.
  • san
    So... "how would you like it if you moved to Paris?"
    /sarcasm

I certainly would love to be in such a beautiful place, although I may struggle with the language. If you're referring to terrorism, this happens everywhere, sadly.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    san-mpq wrote:
    Heartburn wrote:
    EDIT: removed image

To be honest, I debated with that idea myself, though I am not sure I am. An apology that starts with a "but" is not really an apology. "I am sorry I hurt you but you teased me" is a good example.

Allowing these things to go on unnoticed isn't really helpful in the long run. Yes, it's difficult to have these conversations AND they are important to have. I think where the line ought to be drawn, is in demonizing the author, which I do not think I have done. I am not calling the author out as a person, I am calling out actions. There's nothing personal about that. This is in contrast to the author's original quote, which has implications at a personal level. I may be nearing this line, but certainly don't think I've crossed it.

Why is this thread still relevant? I know I am not the first player for commenting on a player's grammar yet you are still defending a person that you do not know nor do you even know if this person speaks English as his second language. For all we know this person lives down the block from me! The point is, I apologized for those who were offended and I gave my reasoning as to why I said what I said. Some players thought it was amusing and agreed with me while other players agreed with you. Everyone is entitled to their viewpoint, there's no reason for the further "calling out" of my actions. Let's move on and enjoy the upcoming 7-day event for a new 4*!