Noob guide

Options
BennettR
BennettR Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Is there a basic noob guide anywhere? The lack of instructions from the developers is frustrating, and most of the forums are discussing concepts that are beyond a newbie level. I'd put one together myself, but I'm still gathering information myself...

Comments

• I didn't see one, so heres my $.02:
    For my credentials, I am on day 357 of the supply drop and have 14 characters at level 166 or more. My roster has 60 spots.

Rule#1 - only use HP for more slots in your roster - unless you plan on spending money on the game, in which case do what you want.

From what I've seen, the * characters are fairly useless even from the beginning. Pick 3 to keep and pour Iso in them till they get to L50. Try to pick ones that have different color strengths. I recommend Jug, venom, iron man. Use the rest of your slots for ** characters. I think you start out with a ***, and if you are in a strong alliance, you may find yourself with a **** or more. My advice is to sell anything over ** and get 6-8 ** characters maxed asap. However, you need to do so at a balanced pace. The difficulty of your fights in every event except the prologue is based on the average level of your top 3 characters. That's why I say sell your *** and **** cards because having them on your roster will only frustrate you for now. You will think the game is too hard and probably quit.
    The best ** covers to focus on are Thor, Black Widow, and Moonstone. With those 3 maxed at L94 you can beat all the dead pool daily missions every day and that is how you level up your *** covers, so it's important. You will need several ** covers, so pick some other ones you like and max them as well. I like hawkeye and captain America.

Get used to the Sell All button in the roster queue. Having a bunch of single cover *** or **** is tempting, but you are 100x more likely to be able to max out a ** at L94 weeks before you will get a second **** to power up your 'big gun'.

Once your ** characters get above L65, sell off all but one * character and use the slots for more *** heroes. You need 1* for deadpool daily. I use iron man, but I know people who use jug or spider man. It doesn't matter, just pick one.

Once you get your ** covers L 94 you will start winning events. When you win events, you get more *** covers. Save your legendary draws until you have at least 6 *** at L166. Until you can win events with *** covers, you won't win more **** covers.

So, the morale of the story is master each level, one at a time. Higher level covers will get you upside down.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

That is an amazing starters guide here in the forums.
  • That's great info.
    I'm a relatively new player (i've only just maxed out my 1* Iron Man and Storm), but i have received 3 X 4* characters so far, all level 70 (Ghost Rider, Hulkbuster, Eddie Brock).
    I like having them for tank purposes in the prologue (and sometimes Eddie gets supercharged for events to level 145), but now reading this it seems i'm making my PvE events harder for myself by having them in my roster.
    I'm reticent to sell them as they are probably quite rare, but will do so if it makes the PvE enemies a lower level.
    It looks like ideally i should get all my 1 and 2 star characters to level 50 before focussing on getting 2 star up to their caps.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated (before i sell and potentially regret!)
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That's great info.
    I'm a relatively new player (i've only just maxed out my 1* Iron Man and Storm), but i have received 3 X 4* characters so far, all level 70 (Ghost Rider, Hulkbuster, Eddie Brock).
    I like having them for tank purposes in the prologue (and sometimes Eddie gets supercharged for events to level 145), but now reading this it seems i'm making my PvE events harder for myself by having them in my roster.
    I'm reticent to sell them as they are probably quite rare, but will do so if it makes the PvE enemies a lower level.
    It looks like ideally i should get all my 1 and 2 star characters to level 50 before focussing on getting 2 star up to their caps.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated (before i sell and potentially regret!)

Dont sell your 4 star.png . They start off at lvl 70. Believe me your 2* and 3* will surpass that really quickly. Its the 5*'s that kill your pve difficulty.
    So as long as you are not opening legendary tokens you will be fine.

Focus on getting your 2* leveled up. There comes a point when the only level 1* you need is Juggernaut so I suggest focusing on him.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think the tanking they provide for you as pointed out makes up for any small scaling uptick you will get from them. Just use them as HP sponges and focus on doing the damage with your 1* and 2* toons. Just don't fall into the trap of leveling them up if you luck into more covers for them.