4* cyclops uncanny strategist failing

Twoslot
Twoslot Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
I put cyclops in the middle when I can, on the left when I have to and always read the flavor text to see what color it's supposed to make... Was just playing the TaT essential node with chulk, 4clops and Jean grey. The skill said it would make red. It made purple.

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Also using yellow twice and having two active countdown tiles in play only generates ap as if one where out when matching team ups.

Description doesn't state it's limited and if it is shouldn't playing off it while there is another active countdown tile in play be barred?

Closest equivalent I can think of is Human Torch when he can deploy two green countdowns that does damage twice per turn at the cost of two green ap per turn.

Not sure if this is a bug or a very poor/unclear description mechanic on yellow but clarity / fix would be nice
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    While one of these tiles is on the board, friendly Team-Up matches generate an additional 2 AP in the team's strongest color and increase the duration of these tiles by 1."
    This is essentially a passive ability that triggers on Team-Up matches. It would probably be clearer to explain that it's tied to the character, and only checks for the existence of one or more US countdown tiles.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Just chiming in here to agree and ask that QA review power texts that refer to a team's strongest color. I've had Wolverine's Surgical Strike tell me it was going to hit Red and then it hit Blue, e.g.

It's usually right, but I presume there's an issue when two colors have the same damage value.
  • Twoslot
    https://youtu.be/znBSBRRq--A

Video evidence. You can clearly see that it states it will generate red, and then proceeds to generate purple.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forget what thread it was in, but the devs have acknowledged that there's a problem where skills don't always specify the strongest color correctly. They've said they're working on it, but I don't think they've announced what version will fix it.

Sorry for the vagueness, I looked for but didn't find the post in question.
  • Twoslot
    But with Scott and Jean being the same level and him in the center position, red IS the strongest color. It's not a tooltip problem, it's a coding problem.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twoslot wrote:
    But with Scott and Jean being the same level and him in the center position, red IS the strongest color. It's not a tooltip problem, it's a coding problem.
    I agree. I'm relating the way they described it, but I think it was just poorly worded.
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    They have talked before about how strongest color only looks at the strength of the color & not the position of the characters, so if there's 2 or 3 strongest colors it'll say 1 of them but randomly pick between them.

alphabeta wrote:
    Also using yellow twice and having two active countdown tiles in play only generates ap as if one where out when matching team ups.
    Same thing happens with MrF's black, only deals 1X the bonus damage not 2X. But like BlackSheep101 points out, both of the skills say:
    While ONE of these tiles is on the board,...
    so I guess they did say something?