Why are players sandboxed and not axed?

2»

Comments

• Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the problem is that everyone views sandboxing AS a punishment, when it's really jot.

It's just removing them from the competition where they could harm other players' experience. It's not actually a "punishment" in the sense that it's done to correct the offending players attitude. It's only done to protect the integrity of the competition.
  • And NO, you don't auto win every event, it's the same thing as regular players, except you are alone, you play for the enjoyment of collecting covers and nothing else. In a sense, your a ghost !!
    You want to become a ghost, save apx 2 million Iso. or ... icon_e_wink.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    They really should just punish the offenders by replacing all of their characters with Bagman.. that's a real threat
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    They really should just punish the offenders by replacing all of their characters with Bagman.. that's a real threat

Maybe I've received this punishment... another 4 MHawkeyes this morning, though there was also a CStorm amongst those so I just got a little punishment icon_lol.gif
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    slidecage wrote:
    why would you keep playing though if you are sandbox there is almost no reason.

dunno.
    its the other way around for me... i just dont see the negatives?

you can still play (against other sandboxed accounts? or are there just seed teams?), , you get all(?) covers you want incl 5*(?)

i see it like my personal endgame in diablo, borderlands, etc.:
    i play the game for weeks/months and eventually i grew bored. before leaving the game for good i want to get as much fun out of it as possible, so what to do?
    get savegames, cheats, saveeditors and load god mode.
    run around in a full marauder set, on overpower 8, all on torment 10.

if its the last dying breath of my game, this will be the afterparty. after i have seen everything possible and not-so-possible, this will be a nice closure
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 344 Mover and Shaker
    The answer Dr. Strange is obvious if you read this quote:
    second chances for players who have supported the game financially and have been caught using an exploit are possible