One way to make DDQ4 less frustrating

simonsez
simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, wasn't the cyke battle a pleasant change? That's because he has a good one-target direct damage attack. Since these are one-on-one battles, every character in the rotation should have a one-target direct damage attack. Support characters have their place, but one-on-one battles definitely isn't it. And AOE abilities are great when you're facing 3 opponents, but against one, they're weak and expensive.

Case in point, RHulk has become pretty popular, not without good reason. But in a one-on-one battle vs. a lv270 Hulk, assuming you have 5 green covers, you're probably going to have to collect at least 54 green in order to win, while denying red. It's possible, but it has the makings of a very frustrating battle. A fully covered 4* vs. a 3* should NEVER be a battle that is that difficult to win. If you're going to make every DDQ4 a one-on-one battle, then you either need to stop making us use characters that aren't suited for one-on-one battle, or at least choose and/or scale the opponents appropriately.

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope, Cyclops was not a pleasant change. I will still give it a shot or two but I doubt i can win. Why? I only have 4 covers of him as he doesn't fall from pack or LT for me. so 2-1-1 Cyclops has to be played beyond perfect to beat full Hulkbuster. Anyway - i see a glimpse of hope so I will keep trying (unlike with the last couple of tries).
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Magic wrote:
    Nope, Cyclops was not a pleasant change. I will still give it a shot or two but I doubt i can win. Why? I only have 4 covers of him as he doesn't fall from pack or LT for me. so 2-1-1 Cyclops has to be played beyond perfect to beat full Hulkbuster. Anyway - i see a glimpse of hope so I will keep trying (unlike with the last couple of tries).

I saw someone in my bracket with 1/0/1 already finished within the first 90 minutes.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    I can sympathize, but any 4-cover 4* is going to have a hard time, no matter what. The problem is when 10, 12 or fully covered 4*s can't win. That's the situation that needs to get fixed.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    The best way is to drop the 1v1 and simply make a tough survivor node with our required 4*
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wobby wrote:
    Magic wrote:

I saw someone in my bracket with 1/0/1 already finished within the first 90 minutes.

The question would be "how?". Without the yellow to fuel red (however weak it is) there is no way to do it. I guess with damage boosts and some sick cascades it's possible but still - 1 in a million (I know happens 9 out of 10 times icon_e_wink.gif).
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    The best way is to drop the 1v1 and simply make a tough survivor node with our required 4*

This. A million times this. I have no idea why they didn't do this immediately, or why they think requiring the brand new 4*'s to (essentially) be highly covered/leveled is a way to "transition"
  • Iridious
    Iridious Posts: 53 Match Maker

I'd quite like a mix of battle types, maybe a tough survivor node with restricted team mate choices for the support characters, a 1vs3 lvl 200 match for the AOE characters, but keeping the 1vs1 lvl 270 matches for characters it suits like Cyc & Thor. Would keep it fresher if we weren't just guessing the opponent but also the match type, especially if it changed when a character rotated around again (although we haven't got to that point yet).
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Now I know why people cheated! This event is ridiculous!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's 1v1 with no teamups specifically to avoid WHALES WHALES WHALES at every turn. In other words, they don't want everyone and their uncle completing it because they got a TU or have a purple cover Deadpool.

I agree that it's silly to have Mr. Fantastic try to plow through with match damage, but solution is not add teammates/TUs. The solution is as simonsez, they have to be scaled appropriately.

It makes no sense that every opponent is 270 (except where they threw us a Dino bone). My hope is that after we're done play testing for them that the 2nd round will be adjusted appropriately, but I'm not holding my breath there either.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Then don't allow deadpool as a playable character simple as that.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Would it even matter if we can use Whales?

you can't bank enough points to Whales every 4* DDQ without running out. So this would be a good way for them to thin the banked Whales points at the same time.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:

I still don't see what the big deal is by allowing us to bring a DP Whales T/U. Ice said it himself in the recent interview that he does not think DP "Whales" is broken just by the fact it takes 7 days to recharge... okay as I am typing this then yeah we could simply use him once a day to have enough Whale points for 4* DDQ but even so it does not guarantee us a 4* we actually need! Today I pulled my 5th Professor X Blue (5/2/1), now I have to be afraid of pulling another Blue in the future. Same goes for XFW (5/1/2). I can only imagine what the 4*'s players feel with their covered 4*'s.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:

I still don't see what the big deal is by allowing us to bring a DP Whales T/U. Ice said it himself in the recent interview that he does not think DP "Whales" is broken just by the fact it takes 7 days to recharge... okay as I am typing this then yeah we could simply use him once a day to have enough Whale points for 4* DDQ but even so it does not guarantee us a 4* we actually need! Today I pulled my 5th Professor X Blue (5/2/1), now I have to be afraid of pulling another Blue in the future. Same goes for XFW (5/1/2). I can only imagine what the 4*'s players feel with their covered 4*'s.

I just want any way to make the 4 DDQ more accessible to people with low covered 4 star rosters. Personally, I have two options, legendaries through pve and cps. Grinding pve wears down the fun of the game especially since they raised the progression limit because of CP. And CP aren't a given for any node. Can't compete in pvp beuase my 2 5 stars are seen as a penalty.

So I have a roster with 99% of the four star characters that are basically unusable except for essential nodes. If removing DP from the roster option will help spur a change to 1v1 framework, then I'm all for it.