Just Updated My Gamepdium Roster

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I felt recently like my progress had been slower than ever before. Having nothing to do at the minute I decided to update my roster on Gamependium (last update was 1.5 months ago) only to find that I have progressed rather well and added lots of covers to my roster.

I guess this post was just a reminder to people that your perception of your progress and your actual progress can sometimes be completely different things.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I felt recently like my progress had been slower than ever before. Having nothing to do at the minute I decided to update my roster on Gamependium (last update was 1.5 months ago) only to find that I have progressed rather well and added lots of covers to my roster.

I guess this post was just a reminder to people that your perception of your progress and your actual progress can sometimes be completely different things.

It really is satisfying to see the differences a couple months can make.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    there's a critical mass about half way through each transition where the snowball starts rolling. once rolling, progress seems to happen quickly. thing is, during those 'slow' times when your characters are going from 2 to 4 to 6 covers, they aren't really gaining usefulness so you feel like progress isn't being made. when they go from 8 to 10 to 12 covers, usefulness goes way up and you realize, hey, the end is in site for that one. a couple of key characters helps each transition level. I had a pvp pair for both my 2->3 transition (thor/loki way back in the spring) and my 3->4 transition (hb/jean) that I spent some hp on that helped.

gamependium is really good for looking at history. keeping it up about once a week is a great tool and I would have never guessed I'm averaging more than a 4* cover per day adding to my roster over the last 2-3 months. that will start slowing as I fill out and complete characters, but its really interesting to go back and see reality rather than just going by what you 'feel'. even if you get some runs of bad luck, you'll still be progressing in some form. if nothing else, iso and levels.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't use Gamependium, but for quite a while I've thought of myself as a 3* player with a couple of usable 4*'s. Then a couple days ago I was flipping through my roster and realized I have Hulkpuncher, Jean Grey, Thor, Ant-man, Cyclops, Deadpool, Wolverine, Thing, and Professor X all either fully covered or 1-2 covers away. Hell, I even started a dupe Jean Grey because I was selling off so many of her covers that is sitting at 3/1/4. I actually found it pretty funny that I still "need" covers for the ones that everyone seems to hate- Elektra, Star Lord and Invisible Woman.

ISO is another story, but still, it's sneaky how fast your roster develops without you noticing.