Support gem color

Options
Does anyone else have a hard time deciphering what color to match? Aside from red, it's close to impossible

Comments

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Blue and Black are difficult. I'm good with Red, Green and White.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This would more properly belong in Suggestions and Feedback. But yes, I have a much harder time "seeing" the board than I do in MarvelPQ. White and loyalty gems look too similar to me. Different shapes for the gems might help, as would tweaks to the colors. Throw it on the pile of interface improvements.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This would more properly belong in Suggestions and Feedback. But yes, I have a much harder time "seeing" the board than I do in MarvelPQ. White and loyalty gems look too similar to me. Different shapes for the gems might help, as would tweaks to the colors. Throw it on the pile of interface improvements.

I'm pretty sure Loyalty gems cannot be made into Support (at this time anyway; who knows what the future holds). Once I figured that out, I was good with the White Support.
  • BlackSheep101
    Options
    Sorry, I just have problems with the colors in general. The support gems do make things even worse.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maxzakh wrote:
    Does anyone else have a hard time deciphering what color to match? Aside from red, it's close to impossible

I have a form of color-blindness. For me it is impossible.
  • BlackSheep101
    Options
    Maxzakh wrote:
    I have a form of color-blindness. For me it is impossible.
    This is why I'm shocked all the tiles are the same shape. The symbols on them help, but the fancy overlay on a support tile obscures them.
  • ringswraith
    ringswraith Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I more have an issue with trying to figure out which support gems belong to whom. Like, if both myself and my opponent have Claustrophobia out, it becomes a chore trying to remember which one is mine so I don't actually work at breaking it.
  • alextfish
    alextfish Posts: 192
    Options
    Yeah, that last point is a definite problem. Like it's nice that if there are activated gems on the board, you can tap on them to find out which creature or player or support activated them. But if there's a support that's in both your and your opponent's decks, there's no way at all to check which one on the board is whose.

Well... I suppose you could watch for the subtle hints from the AI when it shows you a match. That will prefer not to pop your own supports and likes to pop opponents' supports, all else being equal. But that's not a hard-and-fast rule so it could be misleading.

Regarding blue and black supports, I agree they're indistinguishable from the colours. However with practice you can recognise the different styles of swirl they use.