Loaners now have each power?

Arondite
Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
well that's certainly new.

Comments

• morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, you need to remember to switch out your shiny new 1 cover 4* every time a new 4* PvP comes out.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overall, I think it's a very positive change.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    for the last 3-4 seasons now.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

I've been gone for about a year.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Arondite wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

I've been gone for about a year.

There have been so many small changes in that time, the only way to have gotten a comprehensive answer to "what's changed since I've been gone?" is to open up a chart of every change and then put an "Arondite stopped here" mark on it.

Loaners having 3 powers is a mixed bag. On defense (for what little it's worth) it means the AI might well fire a 1-cover ability instead of a better one. For people who ground out the release covers in PvE, it narrows the advantage considerably. Having a 5-cover Carnage in his PvP increased my equilibrium point by about 250 points. My memory is that I climbed to 1000 without being attacked once before shielding. But that was when people thought Carnage was better than he actually is, and it was right after that when the 3-cover loaner was introduced.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its a good change in the sense that people get to experience the full powerset. I wish they did a better job of implementing a trial mode like the SS node in the season event page.

How hard would it be to setup a season long event (for no points or covers) like Simulator, but you are given a fully leveled loaner of all characters and you get to pick your opponents?

It would be a fun game mode, where you get to experiment with different combos against different enemies.
  • stowaway wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Loaners having 3 powers is a mixed bag. On defense (for what little it's worth) it means the AI might well fire a 1-cover ability instead of a better one.

Yeah, I have actually used a single cover character over the loaner for that very reason.