Token & Prize revamp

Pongie
Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
posted this in the other thread and figured perhaps I should repeat it here.
Pongie wrote:
I think it's time to remove the jackpot from the tokens and just have tier specific tokens. Bronze - 1*, Standard/Silver for 2*, Gold for 3* and legendary/Purple for 5*. That will eliminate the ability to re-roll as you're just going to be getting a random cover of that tier anyway.

Why no token for 4*? Because the placement rewards should simply be specific 4* covers like before. Top placement, 1k & 1.3k progress rewards, DDQ clash of titans etc. This will help 4* transition much better than the random pull.

Then how do you actually earn the legendary tokens? Have a month long gauntlet that gives out one for completing it, every month. If this is too slow, perhaps leave one in the various vaults for those feeling lucky. Then you can give out tacos for the whales who purchase 40-packs.

Not sure how the Command Points should be done but I'll say the 700 cost to get a specific 5* can remain. Just adjust the 25 point to something that lets you get a specific 4*. Don't use the legendary token here. Plenty of threads, discussing this already.

Finally, all 20 ISO rewards should be replace with the Bronze token. This will help new players progress much quicker as well as increase the amount of ISO earned for everyone else. This will also have a small effect on roster slots, as no one really need to keep a full roster of all 1*s and 2*s. With the bronze and silver tokens being readily available, players can rotate them as necessary.

I believe all these changes would require minimal coding effort as they are simply a rework of prizes and odds. A new types of token should not be too hard either.

Comments

• Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I couldn't agree more that now we are entering a new era of MPQ with 4* and 5* characters it would be nice to see a change in gold, event and standard packs.

There is nothing more heartbreaking than earning a gold pack or even a 10 gold pack from a month of PVP play only to end up with multiple 2* characters.

If we were to be simplistic could it not be as simple as Standard tokens remain as is (although make them only given as prize rewards from low scores not higher scores). Gold tokens then become guarenteed 3* characters with increased 4* pull rates with maybe 15 command points being the rarest reward in the pack so you still need LT for 5*s.

I appreciate they want increased revenue from the game but at the moment unless you play night and day and have fantastic luck transitioning from a strong 3* to 4* team is incredibly hardwork. With the above idea obtaining command points and legendary tokens still keeps the progression of 5* characters exceptionally slow but it enables free to play players to get their 4* teams started.

Another option to increase revenue streams would be the ability to purchase any ability for a character once you have one cover. I love Hulkbuster and when he was first released was planning on using any earned hero points to power him up but as I only had overdrive I never spent any money like I had intended.