Which of these villains would you most want?

Options
20three
20three Posts: 371
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Everyone already knows there are three main issues with character implementation.

Behind rehashed characters and continually adding an overabundance of 4 and 5 star characters, there is just not enough villains. Which of these still oddly excluded choices would you most like to be added asap?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• 20three wrote:
    Everyone already knows there are three main issues with character implementation.

Behind rehashed characters and continually adding an overabundance of 4 and 5 star characters, there is just not enough villains. Which of these still oddly excluded choices would you most like to be added asap?

Alas, most people rather have heroes then villians.

...and nobody on that list seems like somebody I'd rather have then Another Spiderman: Miles Morales

I could also name a few other heroes I'd want over anybody in that list too, honestly.

Green Goblin is the only one that's sorta missing, but considering the Big Bad of the entire game is Norman Osborne yeah I can kinda see why he'd be excluded.

Red Skull is a little glaring too but I can imagine there being issues with Literal Nazi in this game too.

Most wanted is still "Iron Patriot"
  • QuizB
    QuizB Posts: 35
    Options
    A big problem is that most villains don't have as big a brand recognition amongst the general populous then even b-tier heroes.

I personally think each group of heroes (Avengers, X-Men, GotG) should have at least one villain to face off against.

Problem one: Groups share heroes and villains all the time.
    Problem two: Making the villain work within the confines of the game.

So in saying that, a couple of big names to add would be Red Skull and Green Goblin (for recognition), Electro (easily able to be added to the game - charged tiles everywhere!).

I'd like to see a GotG villain, but short of Thanos I'm not sure who I'd pick...
  • Namor isn't a villain and i've never even heard of "The Wall". Ronan and Black Cat would have been better choices.

Further i'd much rather see A-list villains get implemented into the game than quintuples of A-list heros or just B and C-list heros in general.
  • LegendReborn
    Options
    I think Green Goblin, Sandman, Ronin (given the massive success of the GotG movie) and Zemo (because he'll be in the upcoming Cap 3: Civil War movie) are obvious villain choices. I also think that Dr. Doom deserves a 4* iteration because Doom deserves a less **** moveset, although he does beat out Mr. Sucktastic so I guess he gets to finally trump him in something. Mr. Sinister or Apocalypse could be good X-Men enemies, especially since Apocalypse will be featured in the upcoming X-Men movie.

I doubt they'd make someone like Thanos anything short of a 5*. He's an incredibly iconic villain who'd easily help them pull out many thousands of dollars from mega whales.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was torn between Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse, but ended up choosing the latter. I have to assume we'll see some incarnation of him - probably as a 5* or maybe a boss fight- what with the movie coming out soon.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure if Apocalypse will get a tie-in, since it's a Fox movie.

Also, this list needs Mysterio, who'd totally be my pick. Because he's awesome and nobody rocks a fishbowl like he does.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    ALL OF them. Besides The Wall, of course.

Although, Namor for sure needs to be classified as a hero.
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Options
    Namor could be a villain. It depends on the situation in comics whether he is perceived heroic or villainous. Black Cat is the same to a lesser degree. I chose Goblin though. He is probably the quintessential Marvel villain in terms of longevity and recognizability that isn't already in the game as playable. You could easily argue for the Red Skull in those terms as well though.
  • Namor could be a villain. It depends on the situation in comics whether he is perceived heroic or villainous. Black Cat is the same to a lesser degree. I chose Goblin though. He is probably the quintessential Marvel villain in terms of longevity and recognizability that isn't already in the game as playable. You could easily argue for the Red Skull in those terms as well though.

I mostly agree with your sentiments.
    Namor fits squarely into the Anti-Hero category which doesn't count as a villain even though i think he falls on the villain side more than the hero side of the equation. Emma Frost is complicated like that too, she is mostly bad but she does enough good to put her into the Anti-Hero category. I see them both as 60% bad / 40% good.
    You could argue the same for Black Cat but she is a professional burglar and mercenary who got her skills directly from the Kingpin. I'd say shes more like 75% bad / 25% good which makes her a villain in my mind. Plus there isn't a large list of bad girls to chose from and this game could use more of that.
    I chose Red Skull because he is the archenemy of Captain America and we currently have zero of his enemies in the game whereas Spider-Man does already have 4 villains in the game (5 if you count Norman Osborn although we never fight him directly).
    Captain America has a number of other recognizable villains too like MODOK, Baron Zemo, Taskmaster, Winter Soldier and Crossbones that should also get consideration to be included in MPQ.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Green Goblin is a no brainer, his comic moves carry over perfectly.

Green / purple / black powers, pumpkin bombs (green countdown tiles) & glider attack (purple), has a passive (black) where if you hit him for too much in 1 turn he stuns your entire team and wipes out special tiles.. (lowering your defenses by tricking you into thinking he's back to being poor old sane Norman, then attacks)
  • ShadowX1984
    Options
    This guy...
    5a32d70f011f4258d221bf6472eb31e2.jpg
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanos should be a boss fight rather than a playable character. Same with Apocalypse, even though I think he's the most "all talk" villain ever.

But really everyone in this list would be great. Along with some villain ladies like:

Enchantress
    Madame Masque
    Viper
    Emma Frost (I know she's a hero now, I don't care)
    Titania
    Sin (maybe with Crossbones)
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are tons of villains which would have interesting move sets, I agree with previous posters that Namor obviously fits the anti-hero category - he's close friends with Cap so he can't possibly be a villain! He's often just on his own side rather than heroes or villains.

Mysterio
    Winter Soldier
    Red Skull
    Baron Zemo
    Kraven
    Green Goblin
    Kang
    Shuma Gorath
    Baron Mordo
    Mr sinister
    Silver Samurai
    Sandman
    The lizard
    ...I'd even take the pathetic Batroc (a villain so delusional it's funny) just to add some variety.

We definitely need something other than Dark Avengers because they are ruining PVE, why not add sinister six? Brotherhood of Mutants? Lot's of opportunity for diversity there and you could even (gasp!) use a new story for those groups too!
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanos should be a boss, or I would have voted for him.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    I'm glad away least A FEW people thought to include some females into these usual sausage fest topics.....
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think Mandarin would be the most interesting because you can come up with any number of power / colour sets to match him to whatever event in which he'd be included. You could even give him a "power change" ability to account for him using different rings during the battle.

Thanos would have to be akin to a Galactus-style event, where he's collecting AP (Infinity Gems) to power the Infinity Gauntlet, then when he's got them all, you die.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just looked at the results, and I have to say, To hell with you non-MODOK-voting cretins!
  • The Bob The
    Options
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Thanos should be a boss fight rather than a playable character. Same with Apocalypse, even though I think he's the most "all talk" villain ever.

But really everyone in this list would be great. Along with some villain ladies like:

Enchantress
    Madame Masque
    Viper
    Emma Frost (I know she's a hero now, I don't care)
    Titania
    Sin (maybe with Crossbones)

Titania should be a Purple/Yellow/Black designed in opposition to She Hulk. Do we even have a character with that color combination?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think Mandarin would be the most interesting because you can come up with any number of power / colour sets to match him to whatever event in which he'd be included. You could even give him a "power change" ability to account for him using different rings during the battle.

Thanos would have to be akin to a Galactus-style event, where he's collecting AP (Infinity Gems) to power the Infinity Gauntlet, then when he's got them all, you die.

I think for the thanos infinity gem idea you can go one better than "everyone dies"

Collect 12 redtile.png to enable power gem - all match damage +200%
    collect 12 yellowtile.png to enable mind gem - deactivate 1 each of the heroes abilities
    collect 12 bluetile.png to enable space gem - Destroy entire board (does not collect AP)
    Collect 12 greentile.png to enable Soul Gem - All damage decreased by 200%
    collect 12 purpletile.png to enable reality gem - 2 random heroes are instantly downed

I'm sure I'm missing a gem but can't think what it is, be a good boss battle if you ask me.
  • The Bob The
    Options

I think for the thanos infinity gem idea you can go one better than "everyone dies"

Collect 12 redtile.png to enable power gem - all match damage +200%
    collect 12 yellowtile.png to enable mind gem - deactivate 1 each of the heroes abilities
    collect 12 bluetile.png to enable space gem - Destroy entire board (does not collect AP)
    Collect 12 greentile.png to enable Soul Gem - All damage decreased by 200%
    collect 12 purpletile.png to enable reality gem - 2 random heroes are instantly downed

I'm sure I'm missing a gem but can't think what it is, be a good boss battle if you ask me.

Time gem, which would have to be black but I think canon can suffer that minor threat. Let's say it gives him an extra turn (or a team stun, if they don't want to introduce a new mechanic). OR he can undo a match-5 or a power. Scary!