Finally hit 2k in shield sim

Blahahah
Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Look, ma! No shields!

But really, man oh man its hard as balls to actually get those last few points. To those whom have accomplished, I respect you.
To those whom have not managed as such, I assure you it is managable.

Long live Daken, my only viable purple user. Your sword tiles have diffused more arcane incantations than I care to count.

Comments

• uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Congrats icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats dude!

It always feels awesome to accomplish great feats. Hopefully someday they introduce Milestone achievement rewards. Until then, continue to grow your team and take on what challenges you deem fit for your roster.゙☆⌒o(*^ー゚)v
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's far, far easier to hit 2k with a week or two left in the season than it is to get it on the last weekend. You have less people trying to save their season ranking and much less attacking overall.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    To add: the way I've accomplished it is by making the run from around 1700 to the top in one go. That is my mpq time that evening.
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I also just hit 2K in sim for the first time, which feels great.

I did a huge push from 1050 points to 2000, and was only attacked two or three times. Which is surprising, really. Took me around two hours in total.
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    If you think 2000 in the Shield Sim is hard, try hitting 1000 in a regular PVP!

Maybe it's because I usually do it around Midnight PST sometime in the last week, but I rarely find competition around during that push from 1500 to 2000. Don't be afraid to use a 75 point shield if you need it.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    ScrubJay wrote:

Maybe it's because I usually do it around Midnight PST sometime in the last week, but I rarely find competition around during that push from 1500 to 2000. Don't be afraid to use a 75 point shield if you need it.

I've hit 1k in PvP before I hit the 2k mark.

I've always found myself being just a point or ten short, this time I got lucky and had nothing to do at 4AM
  • Phraeg
    Phraeg Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Good job! Yes, doing it in one go is the way to go about it. This way people will often find you at a lot less points than you are actually worth.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    It's far, far easier to hit 2k with a week or two left in the season than it is to get it on the last weekend. You have less people trying to save their season ranking and much less attacking overall.

Usually I do this. I've found that around the 15-7 days to go mark everyone makes a push for 2000. This season though I was in a more cautious bracket and only the top 4 had over 2000 for the longest time. With 5 days to go everyone seemed to make a push.

But yes, the general rule is to do it earlier when competition is weaker. Once you start seeing the top 10 filling up with 2000+ scorers it's a good time to go for it. I never shield on it either, I pick a day when I'm going to go for it and work on nothing else. Then when I've hit 2000, I let people feed off me for easy points so they can get to 2000 as well =)
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Nice job! Like everyone I try to do it earlier rather than later in the season. At the beginning I just try to hit a few matches a day. Once I find a day where I've got extra health packs I'll make a push for 2k then free fall afterwards
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Congratulations on hitting 2K in the shield sim. I remember how excited I was when I finally accomplished that a few seasons ago.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Blahahah wrote:
    ScrubJay wrote:

I've hit 1k in PvP before I hit the 2k mark.

I've always found myself being just a point or ten short, this time I got lucky and had nothing to do at 4AM

I'm the other way around. I think I've hit the third token in a PVP event exactly once - certainly a small enough number I'd have fingers left over from one hand. I've hit the 2k SHIELD Sim mark for Jean Grey, Prof X, Cyclops, and X-23.
  • Congrats!

My tip is this:

1) Only open taco tokens when you have full health packs.
    2) If you get double health packs (or a single 5 pack and are close enough to 2K) just smash it on an epic run....

Works for me icon_e_smile.gif
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Nice job. I've hit it for the last five seasons once I cracked the code. Along with what others are saying:
    • Get to around 1500-1600 by mid-season - hits won't come often, and you'll probably have some people decently above you.
    • Make your move during the final hours of an event close. People seem to place Simulator as last priority.
    • It helps to check the rewards of closing events as well. I made my final push this season during late evening of the Hood PVP when people were scrambling for HB progression and IF placement, and it was *crickets* in the Simulator.