Day 700

Raffoon
Raffoon Posts: 884
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
That's a pretty big milestone.

Thanks for recognizing it with a nice reward, Demiurge.

I will be sure to make good use of my shiny new Yellow Star Lord cover and put it on my digital shelf next to the 12 other yellow covers I've already collected in my 700 days.

latest?cb=20150702204002

Comments

• RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    If it makes you feel better, day 730 is a black Silver Surfer. At least you have something to look forward to as I'm sure after that it will be back to 4* IW, Electra, and the rest of the garbage you see in most daily resupplies.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel ya, my day 652 random resupply was a standard token. I sure needed that!

To be fair to the devs, they have to tune these drops to cater to casual players as well as competitive ones. While it is your 13th SL yellow, it will almost certainly be someone's first, and they might be really excited to get it. It is kinda sad that what should be a nice reward (a shiny 4*), instead is just a tiny bump in iso (1k iso while "nice" is 1/3 to 1/4 of a level for a highly leveled 4*). I'm not sure there's an elegant solution that isn't to just continually update daily drops with the newest 4*, which I don't think they're willing to do.

edit: that solution is not elegant, but it was the only thing i could think of that would make the most players happy (or at least most of the ones on the forum).
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    RWTDBurn wrote:
    If it makes you feel better, day 730 is a black Silver Surfer. At least you have something to look forward to as I'm sure after that it will be back to 4* IW, Electra, and the rest of the garbage you see in most daily resupplies.
    After that its a 4 every 2 weeks.deadpool and kingpin if i remember correctly
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    For occasions like this it would be nice if there was another type of token that would give you any one cover 4stars or higher that you need.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Resupply being changed based on the state of the game seems like it's never going to happen, just like 20 iso.

Whats funny is they added soo many empty days, that by getting rid of maybe half-3/4 of them would likely be more realistic to what a free player might expect to progress at.
  • Xenoberyll wrote:
    For occasions like this it would be nice if there was another type of token that would give you any one cover 4stars or higher that you need.

They do, it just costs 2500 spideycoin.pngicon_razz.gif
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    For occasions like this it would be nice if there was another type of token
    Like a Legendary!
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    that would give you any one cover 4stars or higher that you need.
    Oh... so not like a legendary...
    colwag wrote:
    They do, it just costs 2500 spideycoin.pngicon_razz.gif

So what i'm hearing is 2500 spideycoin.png as a daily supply reward?

I thinks that's a great idea icon_e_biggrin.gif

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on Day 665 with a 5/0/5 Starlord. Sorry it doesn't help you, but I'm looking forward to getting that stupid thing finally.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did need day 610 Elecktra....but not day 639, or 670 starlord, or 700 starlord (and certainly not the 3*'s that were in between those...)...Daily drops I needed included 610 and then 730. 120 days between good cover drops.

Of -course- those characters were covered were well before those that came before them that were better. Lucky you GrumpySmurf not getting those covers, maybe instead you've been gifted something good icon_e_wink.gif

I've said lots of times after day ~415/450 they should have no more 3*'s, only 4*'s, and I used to say one every fifteen days.

At this point it should be a 4* rewarded every five days....that would give you one of each cover (so you could buy more, and get money to the devs!), and it wouldn't be to fast by making them come after a year and a half or so. You would -still- never catch up, since they basically introduce two new 4*'s (six new covers) every 30 days!
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I've said lots of times after day ~415/450 they should have no more 3*'s, only 4*'s, and I used to say one every fifteen days.

Why not sooner? It's 130 days between the last XFW cover and the first Invisible Woman cover. That was a stretch during which I, personally got nothing usable (might have been otherwise if not for DDQ, I don't know). After IW, they come every 30(ish) days. So why 130 days between those two?

The weirdest thing about it is getting a 3* Wolverine cover 125 days after having gotten 3 4* Wolverine covers. Makes the whole thing feel bonkers.

(Just today got my day 429 Nick Fury, BTW.)