Are events like Amadeus' Inferno common now?

Arondite
Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
as I've stated, I've been away a while. It seems weird to me they put in an event with a guaranteed 4 star that's so easy to get. Pretty much any roster that's got the "two-star dream team" (mag storm widow) can grab his Green. Best part is if you're a 3 or 4 star player, you don even have to injure your main guys to knock it out.

Happy with it, overall. Neat decision.

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, its super cool.
    Growth Industries is giving me the covers for my favorite 4* character so I'm pleased even if it only happens once or twice a year.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Not common, Arondite. The first was Growth Industry, for a guaranteed Ant-Man cover, which was released when the Ant-Man movie hit the cinemas. It's had a single rerun but abbreviated to 4 days (or similar, my memory is shocking nowadays). Amadeus' Inferno is the second one like it. We'd all love to see more 4* releases like this, though.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    I really hope that's the norm. Definitely changes my attitude from "Yay a new character!" to "Ughh another 3-7 day PvE slog"
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    3 of them in 6 months....and the 2nd was a repeat of the first for the exact same reward.

Hopefully they become more common and varied.

Are you familiar with alliance locked boss fights? vs. Ultron? vs. Galactus?

What was the period of your absence again?

Would help to know what to fill you in on !
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Well, you could earn 1 of his covers through Amadeus's Inferno, but the rest had to be earned through a 7-day competitive PvE event, so it balanced out I guess.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    The game developer is definitely trying to offer more content, and deserve some brownie points for it. This year, we've seen Avengers Vs Ultron, Growth Industry, and now Amadeus' Inferno. There have been some issues in the implementation of the mechanics, but nonetheless these events HAVE been interesting.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm gonna have to disagree with your labeling the event as 'easy'. Maybe if you've got a roster that's mainly 2* and not leveled too high, it isn't too bad; but the wave nodes can (and will) screw you over very hard if the enemies are scaled at high levels, and a 2* storm/widow/magneto team will in most cases not be able to cope with it.
  • DeNappa wrote:
    I'm gonna have to disagree with your labeling the event as 'easy'. Maybe if you've got a roster that's mainly 2* and not leveled too high, it isn't too bad; but the wave nodes can (and will) screw you over very hard if the enemies are scaled at high levels, and a 2* storm/widow/magneto team will in most cases not be able to cope with it.

Yeah, in which case, you need a 2* Captian America instead.

Wave nodes AND one on one fights? After the first wave, they shouldn't get a single turn out.

3* Cap is just overkill then.
  • Arondite
    DeNappa wrote:

Yeah, I'm a 3-4* player. I used the 2* star team through the whole event.

For reference, the levels of my enemies were

Om-nom-athon
    Righteous Rivalry
    185-186
    Look-Alike Contest
    314-331
    H.A.M.M.E.R. on Trial
    Definitely Not in Kansas
    101-114

So MAYBE a 4-5* player can't use StormNeto, but a 2*, 3*, or 3-4* Transition player absolutely can.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a recent returner, any performance-based aspects of your PvE scaling have probably been reset. I'm not sure if personal scaling affects Cho's Inferno, or if it's purely roster-based, but anyone returning after a break gets a bit of "easy mode" in many events until they've had a chance to establish some play history again.
  • Arondite
    DayvBang wrote:
    As a recent returner, any performance-based aspects of your PvE scaling have probably been reset. I'm not sure if personal scaling affects Cho's Inferno, or if it's purely roster-based, but anyone returning after a break gets a bit of "easy mode" in many events until they've had a chance to establish some play history again.

The levels on the event appear in line with everyone who has a similar roster I've checked with. There were enemies well over 300. StormNeto handled them just fine.
  • I dont know how all of you can beat it so easily.
    I cant even complete the first node.
    Problem is that this completely useless new hulk guy is forced to be in your team, while can he do absolutely nothing apart from healing himself.
    So you are stuck with a 2 man team against 4 waves....
  • Arondite
    Frasaria wrote:
    I dont know how all of you can beat it so easily.
    I cant even complete the first node.
    Problem is that this completely useless new hulk guy is forced to be in your team, while can he do absolutely nothing apart from healing himself.
    So you are stuck with a 2 man team against 4 waves....

2-Star Storm and 2-Star Magneto can carry it, or if you have them 3-Star Captain and 3-Star Cyclops can.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I just skimmed your other "thinking about returning" thread, and it seems that nobody mentioned the alliance-locked boss battles. Here's the rundown:

There are two so far: Avengers vs. Ultron and Galactus Hungers. (I'll dine on a tasty meal of corvidae if there isn't one for En Sabah Nur next summer.) When you join the event, your points all go to the alliance you are part of right at that minute. If you leave your current alliance, your points still go to the alliance you were part of when you joined.

These each have 8 rounds. During a round, all the members of the alliance work at scoring points to reach a particular threshold, which increases from round to round. Most of the points scored come from fighting the boss, whose level, health, and damage increase from round to round. Once you defeat the boss once, you're locked out from fighting him for 8 hours - unless you attempt one of the side battles.

There are 5 side battles at a time. Usually, one character is required for two of those, and a different character is required for each of the remaining 3. All four characters will be chosen from the list of boosted heroes for the event, which is generally larger than for a normal event and includes heroes at every tier. Beating a side battle unlocks the boss again, but keeps that pin locked afterward. All the side pins reset every 8 hours, and I think I remember that the boss unlocks at those same time intervals. The essential characters per node definitely scramble then, too. For the four runs we've had so far, if a character has multiple versions - e.g., Captain America - you can use any version of that hero for a required pin.

I'm in Central (Chicago) time - for me, the event will start at 11 AM. The major reset times are therefore 11 AM, 7 PM, and 3 AM.

All along the way, there are variations of personal and alliance progression rewards. There are frequently some decent chances at acquiring Hero Points and big ISO chunks along the way. The last run was before the introduction of Command Points, but I anticipate seeing them as possible rewards the next time one of these is run.

I think that's a pretty thorough overview, but let me know if you've got any questions. I know I think they're a blast when they happen, and I'm kind of hoping something like that is the holiday event, or running simultaneously with it. (Do you know about the Gauntlet, I think?)