Aftermath of Legendary exploit (No discussing the exploit)

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
Don't wanna know what the exploit is, I play the game to be rewarded for working at obtaining stuff, not for cheating my way to god mode.

I saw the announcement on facebook and someone made the exagerated suggestion of gifting those who never exploited with 10 legendaries and 1,000,000 ISO for being good players.

But that got me thinking, why not do something similar in spirit if nothing else? Send everyone a thank you gift of a legendary or something if they didn't indulge in the exploit. Sure, continue to punish the cheaters, the hackers and so on but good behaviour should also be rewarded. Possitive reinforcement and all that.

This is something that happens on this scale rarely and it could only help morale and general good will to the company to be given a pat on the head for playing nicely with the other children and not biting or hitting.

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    As both a psychological researcher and behavioural psychologist I concur that reward is a far better method of behavioural modification and control than punishment it has been proven hundreds of times in research. In short I agree with the poster - I think handing out one solitary reward to all those who did not exploit the system would be both a nice gesture and a reminder that cheaters should not prosper.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, please. That would be nice.

Also, I would hate to think that folks who were exploiting, might have done better than others who didn't in PVE or PVP and prevented them from getting hero points or a needed cover. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, please. That would be nice.

Also, I would hate to think that folks who were exploiting, might have done better than others who didn't in PVE or PVP and prevented them from getting hero points or a needed cover. icon_e_sad.gif

Sadly I think that would always be in the realm of supposition.
    I mean, I imagine it's possible to find out which PvPs/PvEs they entered after comitting an exploit (since they can roll back to the time before exploitation began) and adjust the rewards accordingly but that is a LOT of work that rewards players with maybe a cover here or there and some ISO/HP maybe? LOTS of work for a small player reward that would take away from development time they could be using for something more constructive.

A single issue "Thanks for not being a cheating meanie head" reward would be much easier to impliment.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Agreed. I'd gladly take some "Good Boy" hero points. Combing through all that stuff would be way too time consuming. You got a good idea up there.
  • We've calculated the average amount of prize winnings missed by the non-cheating userbase and decided to offer everyone the average amount. Please enjoy your prizes
    40 ISO, 1 HP, 1 standard token and 0.5 CP
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Grantosium wrote:
    We've calculated the average amount of prize winnings missed by the non-cheating userbase and decided to offer everyone the average amount. Please enjoy your prizes
    40 ISO, 1 HP, 1 standard token and 0.5 CP

For those of us with a form of OCD, I shudder at the last item in that list. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    For those of us with a form of OCD, I shudder at the last item in that list. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    the 1 hp would not be any better. all hp costs in the game are factors of 5 and 10, meaning your hp pile always ends in nice neat 5 or 0 numbers. ending in 1s and 6s would drive many mad icon_lol.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    the 1 hp would not be any better. all hp costs in the game are factors of 5 and 10, meaning your hp pile always ends in nice neat 5 or 0 numbers. ending in 1s and 6s would drive many mad icon_lol.gif

I think that seems far too generous for D3 your prize is really....

whitecrit.png
    20 iso8.png
  • TxMoose wrote:

I think that seems far too generous for D3 your prize is really....

whitecrit.png
    20 iso8.png

I am intrigued how they would go about awarding the critical tile. Is it going to fall during an enemy cascade?