Unlikely places.

Marine8394
Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Look firstly. I know full well when you play a game that has percentages those percentages will sometimes go against you. A slump will occur. I have been in a token slump for 3* covers. Now being me I try to remain positive. It was actually getting funny, but still one starts to think on how to bust the slump. So after banging around this morning with no success I started just staring at my phone. And then it hit me. I have a small pile of ISO, and no way to use it. Right? Wrong. ISO covers. What the heck its been forever since I had done that. Five ones a two and BAM a shiny! Cyclops! Completely needed. Waited a bit. Tried again. Two ones and BAM! A shiny! Gamora. Needed. Try one more before I quit. Next pull. Shiny! Two in a row! Quicksilver. I got while the getting is good. I now consider slump over. Never hurts to try something different icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    You had some decent luck there (I mean, Quicksilver), but it hurts me to see someone spending iso on Standard tokens.
  • Marine8394
    Feel not pain for me. Pray thee for the day and time when change becomes our friend, and sorrow a sustance. For then we move forward into smokeless skies and bloodless grounds.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I would do that too back when I hit 3* slumps (before ddq). Had some good runs like you. Also had some bad 30+ with no 3* ti show for it.
    Before you get too into it, I will warn that once I had fully covered 3*s, I really regretted all the iso I had dropped on the tokens.
  • Personally I have no problems with the standard token, heroic and lightning round. We all know that the percentage to get something substantial is small and when it comes something interesting is cause for celebration. I have obtained some 4 * standard of token, when that was possible, and several 3 * that same token. I have also got many 3 * and 4 * the Heroic and Lightning round. Of course, considering the percentage offered.

The problem of MPQ are the LT. The rate of get something useless is impressive. Or LT is repeated or are **** like CA / AM / FalCap / RR / ST. I have 125K iso8.png , but I don't have something to use it because I do not get something helpful of LT. It's a shame.
  • Marine8394
    Only did that to bust a slump. Married and not a baseball player if u know what I mean icon_e_wink.gif I need the ISO when I get the covers. Just trying to mix things up. This game is a playground invented by Mendota inmates. Inside joke for me icon_e_wink.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I await the day a standard token will get me a 4*.

I once drew 2 4*'s from Standard Tokens back-to-back.
    Both were Invisible Woman. Blue.
    Which I already had at 5 covers.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor

I thought they've changed it that standard tokens can only draw up to star.pngstar.pngstar.png & not any higher? Unless that is what you meant.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Marty17 wrote:

I thought they've changed it that standard tokens can only draw up to star.pngstar.pngstar.png & not any higher? Unless that is what you meant.

They changed the logo to no longer show star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png because the odds are so astronomically low they didn't want to "confuse" folks that they had a real chance. icon_rolleyes.gif But you still have that chance to pull one.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

I seem to recall getting an Invisible woman from one once back before Nick Fury was a thing. Or...maybe shortly after. I forget.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I pulled Nick Fury the first month I played mpq but I haven't pulled a 4* since. I haven't had another Nick actually. But I have noticed that standard tokens are going better for me at pulling 3*s than heroic or event based tokens here lately.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    madok wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:

They changed the logo to no longer show star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png because the odds are so astronomically low they didn't want to "confuse" folks that they had a real chance. icon_rolleyes.gif But you still have that chance to pull one.

Have to say I can't really fault the devs for that change. In the past year I've opened over 100 standard tokens each week on average I think (could be over 150 actually but I'll give a low estimate for a calculation here). So in over 5200 pulls I've not pulled one 4* whatsoever, so I'd say the odds are pretty slim. Then again there is the occaisional report of someone opening two 4*'s in two weeks time from standards, or something close to that, so who knows...

I for one would really like to see some official comment on the odds of standard tokens, but I think that is never going to happen. Come on devs! Make it happen, and prove me wrong... Christmas coming up and all... Pretty please? icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards

vol70.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Mawtful wrote:

I once drew 2 4*'s from Standard Tokens back-to-back.
    Both were Invisible Woman. Blue.
    Which I already had at 5 covers.

My only 4* from a standard was an invisible woman. Not sure which color, but I didn't need it because she's cover maxed.

Also, you know, Invisible Woman.